News Smart Signings: New coach, new rosters, but the same old Canterbury Bulldogs?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
After last season I think King is first picked in the front row. The other options will battle it out to be his front row partner.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. Most dogs fans know nothing that is said or written means a thing until we are 10 rounds in and we see where we are at. We haven’t got an elite halfback or fullback. We are probably a prop short and we are light on in the backs… Ciraldo hasn’t proven anything yet. Let’s hope we get off to a good start because I don’t know how many more years we can cope with being out of finals contention mid way in the year

underdogsontop2246

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let’s be honest. Most dogs fans know nothing that is said or written means a thing until we are 10 rounds in and we see where we are at. We haven’t got an elite halfback or fullback. We are probably a prop short and we are light on in the backs… Ciraldo hasn’t proven anything yet. Let’s hope we get off to a good start because I don’t know how many more years we can cope with being out of finals contention mid way in the year
Yep, a halfback, fullback, destructive starting prop and Leniu of the bench. Backs are very good already.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
How many times did the effwit mention “Salary Cap”, hello dipstick the Cap went up by $2.4m the days before you supposedly wrote this article. We have plenty of Cap space to fill any gaps, perceived or otherwise, in the roster with the right player, not just someone who is available.

My conclusion, the writer is an idiot and he wrote this weeks ago.

Always a Bulldog

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How many times did the effwit mention “Salary Cap”, hello dipstick the Cap went up by $2.4m the days before you supposedly wrote this article. We have plenty of Cap space to fill any gaps, perceived or otherwise, in the roster with the right player, not just someone who is available.

My conclusion, the writer is an idiot and he wrote this weeks ago.

Always a Bulldog
Who’s Always a Bulldog? The writer?

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Enjoy reading the supporters opinions and conjecture over the pre season - not so much the confusion between fact, fiction, opinion n bs - imho based on the top 30 list - 28 currently - unless Pele Hughes Patolo have developed significantly - ithe lack of quailty middles will be major problem for the dogs.

Even over the off season comments from the club suggest that Pele, RFM n TPJ are seen as edge players more than middles.

MachoMan

Waterboy
Reaction score
The whole club is changing.

Players want to sign with us. People love Gus. The fans are more upbeat. Its happening

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The author has NAFI (No Actual F#(k-!ing Idea) but would like to break that fact to you very slowly, over several minutes.
he is the bald gay pommy that was asking stupid comments in the presser to a coach, cant recall which one, might have been sticky. not that gay is a issue @Mutt Dafty

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy reading the supporters opinions and conjecture over the pre season - not so much the confusion between fact, fiction, opinion n bs - imho based on the top 30 list - 28 currently - unless Pele Hughes Patolo have developed significantly - ithe lack of quailty middles will be major problem for the dogs.

Even over the off season comments from the club suggest that Pele, RFM n TPJ are seen as edge players more than middles.
We have the bare minimum at best regarding props in my view ... heaven help us with a few injuries.

Can't see Pele as anything other than a prop. Would be massive for us if he or Patolo can step up and become automatic selections in the 17.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a few positional surprises amongst the forwards.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The author has obviously gone for quantity over quality. Clear and concise are not words in their lexicon.