Slaughtered to boredom

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

ONCE-COVETED tickets to the summer of cricket are selling for $5 as fans rush to be spared seeing another slaughter.
Courtesy of England's meek surrender in both forms of the game, the tide of demand for tickets has emphatically turned.

The Daily Telegraph yesterday witnessed four tickets to Friday's Australia-England day-nighter at the SCG sell on eBay for an unbelievable $20.50 – just over $5 each.

Given each ticket was purchased for a face value of $53, the seller accepted a 90 per cent reduction in return for being absolved from watching another Pommy bashathon.

Hundreds of tickets are being offered at below cost, with desperate punters reverting to unprecedented measures to clear tickets.

One anonymous seller has even guaranteed potential buyers a full refund should hapless England fail to score 200 runs.

$5 bloody hell, i paid 50 for mine

KENNY-DOWALL

The Kiwi Xpress
Reaction score
I had a look at Ebay and there is some cheap tickets on there

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I heard Friday night is a sell out. I dont think all interest in the one day series has gone, its just not that strong due to Australia being that far ahead of the competition.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It would only be worth watching if Australia bat first. You get your moneys worth watching the Aussies smash it all over the place. On the other hand, if the Poms bat first and get all out for **** all, then you waste your money.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope Australia put a young team in there to see how they would cope. A future side with Hilfenhaus, Tait, Jaques, and Cullen. Rest the others until the finals.

I'd be keen to watch them go around, just like alot of cricket fans would.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah if you're at the SCG or MCG for the last matches or the finals series you pray Australia wins the toss and bats first so you can see some exciting batting.

NZ are showing some form now but if England make the finals miraculously, oh man its going to be the most boring finals series ever.

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
The Kiwis are going to step up a little now that a few players are back from injury, England are just crap To be a POM would have to be an absolute shame, no offence MRC

Status
Not open for further replies.