Opinion Skelton

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just seen this bloke ran 300 metres in NSW cup, every time i see the cup, hes huge for us on a wing, is his defence that bad he doesnt deserve a shot? I know we are stacked currently for wingers but this guy is damaging, feels wrong him still being in cup

Doggies2035

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I just seen this bloke ran 300 metres in NSW cup, every time i see the cup, hes huge for us on a wing, is his defence that bad he doesnt deserve a shot? I know we are stacked currently for wingers but this guy is damaging, feels wrong him still being in cup
Due to the injuries cirado might just debut him this week

Jonboi

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
yeah he played 3 times last year, did well i thought, was always a real handful and scored a great try vs penrith, ciro must really not like his defensive reads though.
I think that’s exactly it, the defensive part of his game is why he’s not getting picked.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yup blood him in, he will go hard.. he had confidence as well from what I’ve seen and will back himself !!

Juniorluke

Waterboy
Reaction score
His handling and defence can let him down. Definitely a solid option for when injuries strike

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
He has a knack of getting suspended at the wrong time. May have played the last 2 weeks if not. Doubt CC would drop xerri though after 1 game. Also Wilson is probs still ahead in the peaking order. He was very good though and suits CCs game plan. Joash Papalii was very good too. May be a chance he replaces Taafe. I’d say that is a 50/50 chance other option being keeping Crichton there.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
His defence isn't his strong suit, but when is it a wingers strong suit ? They are there to finish tries and in the modern game, take some hit ups and make metres . . . Hello?!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His defence isn't his strong suit, but when is it a wingers strong suit ? They are there to finish tries and in the modern game, take some hit ups and make metres . . . Hello?!
I'm sick of this mythical bad defence bullshit.

Would love to know how many actually watch his games and not just repeat bullshit that some moron said like a parrot.

Because JAC and Wilson are such great defenders.....

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Would love to know how many actually watch his games and not just repeat bullshit that some moron said like a parrot.

100%. I love the Fox and Wilson, but Skelton is a wrecking ball and you can't have too many of them in the modern game

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Exactly. Anyways any potential flaws in his ”defence” are far outweighed by his ball carries, try’s and try assists. Also Wilson is far from a perfect player. Drops a lot of easy ball, has gone out in potential try shoring situations a few times.

Yes Wilson is a kid who plays with heart. But if you give opportunity to others with flaws in your game you shouldn’t be guaranteed a spot.

Anyways Skeltons chance was probably against the rooster. Jac out, Wilson a late scratching. For continuity it would have helped us slotting a big winger in. For what ever reason he wasn’t Ciros choice (be it suspension, attitude, wanting to blood Xerri). Don’t even remember if he was in the 22 man squad. But he definitely wasn’t in the 19 24 hours before kick off.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He plays a similar game as Sivo and Ravalawa. His defence is suspect and so is his speed.