Skelton

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a bit surprised Skelton hasn't been used in the backrow in NSW Cup. We are probably still letting him transition to league in a more familiar role, but he could easily be a backrower. Could play on the edge, or I can even see him being a sort of slightly smaller version of Brad Clyde with the way he runs. The versatility would make him a great bench asset and allow us to play another 14 or an extra forward on the bench. I hope Ciraldo sees it the same cause I'd hate to lose him and our outside backs are pretty stacked next year. He'll end up a regular first grader somewhere.
I actually enjoyed watching skelton play in the centeres more I felt he was more involved and made lots of meters

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Stoked to see him get a run as I am a massive fan! Probably offered more then poor ol Sutton.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Gus sees him as a centre. Going into the year our centre stocks looked good but at this time and looking towards next year it's anything but that. I think wing will be his worst position out of the 3.
Don’t believe anything Gus says when it comes to player positions.

He’s said he sees Skelton as a centre, then a backrower then a winger now a centre again.

He said Featherington was an edge, Oloapu a 6 now a lock, Perham not a fullback.

He makes it all up on the fly.

Yougra

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Dogs coaches seem to lack the ability be able to teach defence to outside backs - whether it be Averillo Alamoti in previous years Reimis Smith now Skelton.

What do Melbourne do to be able to get Warbrick n Reimis Smith to be able to defend - get it done with Skelton - he has so much upside when running the ball but is a target defensively
Geez I wish they could get Josh Morris in to coach all the centres in the club about defence. He was one of the best defensive centres of the last 20 years

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

He’s said he sees Skelton as a centre, then a backrower then a winger now a centre again.

He said Featherington was an edge, Oloapu a 6 now a lock, Perham not a fullback.

I guess we call this evolution in a team of players that have not gelled

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Said Pele was an edge forward lol

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EQW definitely not ready for 1st grade, needs to work on his D big time … was an odd choice considering he was playing QCup a month ago … no pre-season, not a lot of time training with the team .. his lateral movement and speed didn’t look natural, thinking he’s carrying a knee injury, one knee was strapped .. his stats prove he has some skills, hopefully a work in progress and good depth player for us in small amounts while he adjusts to the speed and defence of 1st grade ..

I do love the way TK have their favourites, until they crash and burn and the player bashing starts of cause …. Skelton came in fresh for what, 16 minutes at the end of the game, and he’s getting 5 pages of huge wraps? … gifted Souths a try with his first touch and of the back of a Burton break he continued it running into a spread defensive line when they eventually got the ball out wide to him .. if he’d of just ran straight and hard he should of scored, but unfortunately bungled it. Interested to see how he goes with more time, certainly getting the love, let’s see how long that lasts ..

Really like Wilson but he’s got a bad habit of ball watching when defending our line which let in a couple of try’s … looks like he’s going to be another good one for us, like most of our team he’s another one that needs more D work ..

I like all these kids and I hope they do well for us, I’m just saying it might be good not to over hype them till we see how they go in a full game, see how they go defensively .. hope they all do well.

Over all, the Gould haters have got to admit that he’s finding us some rough diamonds … bit more polishing especially their D and we’ll have some great young talent coming through for us.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the beast deserves his own thread.

Ugly first touch but made up for it in his second touch.
He should have been in first grade the second he was eligible. A guy his size with that step is rare. I've always rated him above Wilson. It's f..king a crime we're playing Okunbor ahead of this beast (and ahead of Pele)

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
EKW is underdone.
Skelton has the advantage of more NSW Cup time with us and learning our structures and attitude.
My personal opinion on EKW is unless he can improve his speed, he is too slow for a Centre.
What his ball handling skills are like, determines his optimal position, as he is 6'3 and 96kg according to ZT stats.
Skelton is the same height yet 104kg, bigger than Waddel, Topine, Thompson, Sutton, and Preston.
This suggests to me at least, that EKW with an off-season bulking up and working on forward pack plays could be a decent forward.
Only Cockupher, Kikau, and Hughes are taller and heavier than Skelton, with the rest either the same height or shorter!
Skelton is a monster with that size, speed, and step.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
EKW is underdone.
Skelton has the advantage of more NSW Cup time with us and learning our structures and attitude.
My personal opinion on EKW is unless he can improve his speed, he is too slow for a Centre.
What his ball handling skills are like, determines his optimal position, as he is 6'3 and 96kg according to ZT stats.
Skelton is the same height yet 104kg, bigger than Waddel, Topine, Thompson, Sutton, and Preston.
This suggests to me at least, that EKW with an off-season bulking up and working on forward pack plays could be a decent forward.
Only Cockupher, Kikau, and Hughes are taller and heavier than Skelton, with the rest either the same height or shorter!
EKW?

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jmoz sbe hired 100 percent.. The standards and winning attitude he brings would be amazing

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jmoz sbe hired 100 percent.. The standards and winning attitude he brings would be amazing
Can he coach though?
Great player, yet if he is unable to transition his knowledge and experience into a language that the current players understand and react to, it will be a waste of time.

Lynchpin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
EKW is underdone.
All this time we should have just been shopping for NBA discards...who knew?
Quick, call Gus & Cameron.
Who needs a multi-year rebuild when can just recruit a team full of 7-footers.
We're still on for the 2024 Premiership ;)

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All this time we should have just been shopping for NBA discards...who knew?
Quick, call Gus & Cameron.
Who needs a multi-year rebuild when can just recruit a team full of 7-footers.
We're still on for the 2024 Premiership ;)
Is that the read you took from my post?
If so, I intended to demonstrate just how much potential Skelton offers considering his step and speed compared to his physique.
Do you agree that larger frames afford us a better chance in the fight to dominate in attack and defense?

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was stripped in his first carry funny how they only show it once but he did look good
The experience will only enable him to return to 1st grade stronger and fuel the fire to do so more.
Hope he starts next week and absolutely kills the donkeys.