Six Dr Seuss books won't be published for racist images

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yes I understand your point for sure but I don't group every little thing together to conclude that society is cancel culture....thats just yet another furphy from right wing conservatives trying to cancel out reasoned thinking on how modern society is evolving.

I think it's fair enough to weed out books that are no longer relevant to pre-schoolers and not worry that kids are going soft.

It's not the reason why they are for mine.
I can appreciate that but why is it all happening all of a sudden and all after some people are kicking up a stink? That just makes it easy to lump it all together. Can you still say lump or does that offend overweight people or insinuate a lump in the pants ie not gender neutral, non binary etc etc :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I don't recall reading a lot of these books apart from green eggs and ham. But it's not parents who are concerned with this type of thing that would be perpetuating or promoting racism. So in a way I think this defeats the purpose of banning the books.
I guess it's just each individuals perspective.

I know there's young parents on here and there's all age groups into their 80's.
Some of those videos you post on here would’ve put them to sleep quick haha
It's optional. Surely I can't get you to do things you don't want to do....my kids on the other hand...:grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I get your point but should we change all the classic literature to modernise it?
Where does it all end?
Oh thats just silly!... Only the ones with pitchas :grinning:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I went to a mates one year olds kids birthday party and when it was time to have the cake the Helicopter Mummy was like who’s children want cake? It was some fucking pussy brand weed super low GI fat free arse licking soul destroying all natural no sugar cake but when asked why her kid isn’t having any at his own first birthday she was like oh no no no no no he doesn’t eat cake.
TBF, I have a 3 year old who isn't interested in cake for some reason. He just doesn't have a sweet tooth. But it also meant more of his birthday cake for me...

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Surprised all Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn etc cartoons havent been erased from existence due to excessive violence.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
TBF, I have a 3 year old who isn't interested in cake for some reason. He just doesn't have a sweet tooth. But it also meant more of his birthday cake for me...
Whenever our grand daughter has a birthday party OMG the checking you have to do.

Most with allergies etc the mums are good and advise ahead of time but I tell you I am so impressed with some of the kids....they are so responsible and mindful of what they put in their mouths...then again they may have been fully indoctrinated into cancel culture :grinning:

It's sad that it's gone that way but most just tuck into the party pies and cupcakes for their sugar fix.

I always make sure there's red drink, green frogs, fairy bread and lolly gobble bliss bombs for old times sake.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Whenever our grand daughter has a birthday party OMG the checking you have to do.

Most with allergies etc the mums are good and advise ahead of time but I tell you I am so impressed with some of the kids....they are so responsible and mindful of what they put in their mouths...then again they may have been fully indoctrinated into cancel culture :grinning:

It's sad that it's gone that way but most just tuck into the party pies and cupcakes for their sugar fix.

I always make sure there's red drink, green frogs, fairy bread and lolly gobble bliss bombs for old times sake.
Yep, fill em up on sugar then send them home :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Surprised all Tom and Jerry, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn etc cartoons havent been erased from existence due to excessive violence.
I think they use the Tucker Carlson defence.

It can't possibly be taken seriously so it doesn't influence people lol

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any word on this book?
Do you know, the most intelligent muscle in the whole human body
is the sphincter, that’s right, the humble bum hole!

It can tell the difference between a liquid, solid or gas
and how to deal with them all by itself...
Now not many people know that!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
lolly gobble bliss bombs
Can you still get these? My father used to work in the factory making them for a short while about 20 years ago, as used to bring them home. so full of caramelly goodness.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As a father, I'm more concerned about Hop on Pop. It bloody hurts when my kid jumps on me as he always goes for the nads.
While it's not the same thing I can sympathise with you on this. My housemates dog which is probably only 5kg has trodden on my scrotum before while I was reading in bed wearing boxer shorts. Not a pleasant experience.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
the mr potatohead situation was ridiculous, this is fine

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Can you still get these? My father used to work in the factory making them for a short while about 20 years ago, as used to bring them home. so full of caramelly goodness.
Got 'em from specialty lolly shop at Southbank ...Probably from China.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they use the Tucker Carlson defence.

It can't possibly be taken seriously so it doesn't influence people lol
I wish they'd use that every time someone wants to wrap children up in cotton wool.

I blame companies really. No-one in their right mind would find The Dr Z stuff offensive. This is clearly marketing by the publishers or whoever owns the Dr Z. brand drawing attention to how fabulous they are to sell more books. Many companies jump on board. Take Coon for example. We know the labelling had nothing to do with racism, that it was conceived from a sir name. That is 100% fact. But..........

I tell yu what WD, "back in my day" lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Got 'em from specialty lolly shop at Southbank ...Probably from China.
Those places are great - i usually buy Pop Rocks and what used to be "****". Who would have thought selling candy cigarettes would be controversial?

There is a small placer at DFO Skygate that sells stuff like this - just outside the Lindt shop.

1614730573589.png
1614730592611.png