Sione Katoa is a better 5/8 than Averillo

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Still is a year or maybe two away from the big leagues.
Totally agree. I personally think this kid will be a star then. It would be good if we had a five eight to put in and let him play more nsw cup for the year. Also if I was Barrett I wouldn’t play him against the storm cause it will kill his confidence. Chuck anyone else in and play him next week

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If flanno takes the right options which he hasn’t done since round 1 and works with his team like avo, avo will have better games. But it’s also on avo to get more involved/vocal

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Averillo is terrible in defense. He was awful last year in the centre's and hes bad at 6 too.

I'm sure last year he absolutely calved up vs the Storm and got hooked?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our go forward and defence ist too bad.
Our glaring problem is getting the ball over the tryline.
We have had multiple opportunities in each game but can’t do it.
losing one of our halves early last week didn’t help.
This should have been this weeks focus.
Get some shape, hit your passes, hit the line fucking hard and support each other instead of one out running all game.
With points comes confidence, with confidence comes opportunities, with opportunities comes unity, with unity comes wins.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Averillo is terrible in defense. He was awful last year in the centre's and hes bad at 6 too.

I'm sure last year he absolutely calved up vs the Storm and got hooked?
That was against Olam. Olam ran straight through the broncos middle defence.

Olam has run through other experienced first graders.

Are we seriously going to continue using that storm game where a young 19 year old was against a beast like olam to continue beating on averillos defence?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That was against Olam. Olam ran straight through the broncos middle defence.

Olam has run through other experienced first graders.

Are we seriously going to continue using that storm game where a young 19 year old was against a beast like olam to continue beating on averillos defence?
I'm not. Just pointing out he has bad defense.

Are we going to try and pretend he has good defense? Or atleast shown it in first grade yet?

Because he hasn't. And If you want you can go and check to see if I'm one who just jumps on board the next scape goat. I'm not. You will find I was all for him, STILL AM, but his defense is horrendous.

He looks clueless tbh in defense. Yes he's young and I'm willing to wait, but that isn't going to stop me from pointing out the obvious. And that's he has horrible defense.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not. Just pointing out he has bad defense.

Are we going to try and pretend he has good defense? Or atleast shown it in first grade yet?

Because he hasn't. And If you want you can go and check to see if I'm one who just jumps on board the next scape goat. I'm not. You will find I was all for him, STILL AM, but his defense is horrendous.

He looks clueless tbh in defense. Yes he's young and I'm willing to wait, but that isn't going to stop me from pointing out the obvious. And that's he has horrible defense.
I agree with most of that. I'm just saying using that storm olam game to criticise his defence is grossly unfair. That it shouldn't be used to judge his defence