Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are Samrani and Hoffman in our top 30? What a waste of space.
Hoffman possibly (although I don't believe he will part of a final 30), however, Samrani is highly rated by the club. He has been a little unlucky with injuries, however, he is still young and very talented. Good defender and a deceptively strong runner who can beat a tackle (he is 190cm and over 100kg). I'm a fan of Kiraz and I see Samrani with a higher potential ceiling.

Coming back mid-season from a long-term injury he immediately showed his class in Flegg and when given an opportunity in Reserve grade he looked very good (albeit he was injured in the 3rd game).

We really have a lot to be excited about the young talent we have coming through our grades at the moment - the best ever!!

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
How are Samrani and Hoffman in our top 30 ? What a waste of space.
Young players like Samrani have it written in their contract they will be top30 in years 2,3 or 4 or whatever length of time.
He is a very talented player hopefully he gets a good run with injuries next year

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
And this is why we will end up paying ALL of RFMs deal.
The nrl contract list has revealed that we need the spot so Gus has no leverage - just intimidation.
He’s in the stronger position, but we have leverage as well.
he’s a competitive footy player, who believes he still has something to offer, so he can collect his $800k and spend two years as 18th man, not playing a game and completely fucking what’s left of his reputation.
or
He can come to the table, work with the club and possibly get a gig somewhere else.

Squirtlevstar

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've heard a heap of hype around him but actually have not seen him play.
Do you think he may make first grade next year or he still needs time ?

Young players like Samrani have it written in their contract they will be top30 in years 2,3 or 4 or whatever length of time.
He is a very talented player hopefully he gets a good run with injuries next year

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It's not really Top 30 anymore, with Supplementary Players replacing Development Players next season, it's more like Top 38 (maximum). The RLPA are still pushing for straight Top 40, so even that may change. Not sure how that can be locked into a 3 year contract, there would have to be caveats.

Always a Bulldog

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How are Samrani and Hoffman in our top 30 ? What a waste of space.
Hoffman no longer is.. i think he just accomodated a spot on a short term basis. Was perplexing to me at the time since we needed another prop in the squad when he was elevated.. then again we went and bought Quai-Ward aswell, and fat load of good that did..

scottywilson

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I've heard a heap of hype around him but actually have not seen him play.
Do you think he may make first grade next year or he still needs time ?
He looks a weapon to me. Just needs to build time on the park. In your face defender, beats a player a often and has a nice draw and pass. Like someone said he's quite a size. Even though its written in his contract top 30, it doesn't surprise me he is even with his disrupted 2023. He'd be on minimum and could even get his debut in the back half of the year, after some valuable Cup time.

Dogs Life

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Its absolutely essential that the club promotes and develops both Edwards and Hughes. They are the future.
Sutton is past it. King is better suited as a lock.
Knight and a few others are just potential benchies.
Patola also is young and with so much potential - the club needs to prioritise their development.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hoffman no longer is.. i think he just accomodated a spot on a short term basis. Was perplexing to me at the time since we needed another prop in the squad when he was elevated.. then again we went and bought Quai-Ward aswell, and fat load of good that did..
Hoffman was NRL contracted for this year. Like Quai Ward written off as bad investment.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The plan was obviously to switch RFM with SST but who is in the firing line now that RFM is likely to stay and fight?
Topine the obvious but what happens if they flcsnnof shift him either
Either no SST or we gotta look at shifting Hughes or Preston
But honestly this whole shifting players thing is fkn terrible. This will absolutely cause player animosity and players blacklisting playing under Gus
The deluded fans can’t see the damage shifting contracted players does for the club and morale. It’s been so rampant since 2021 or they must be fake fans just to see no wrong or no damage in it.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
The deluded fans can’t see the damage shifting contracted players does for the club and morale. It’s been so rampant since 2021 or they must be fake fans just to see no wrong or no damage in it.
This is the one topic I wish I could shake some sense into people here with.
I just don’t understand why most can’t see this