Sio Siua Taukeiaho Signed

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
[emoji91]BREAKING[emoji91]

Gus Gould on Six Tackles with Gus podcast today has all but confirmed Taukeiaho’s signing and says as follows:

“No one, NO ONE, has been told that they have to move on and NO ONE has been told they can look elsewhere. It is false.”

On Crichton being signed as fullback:

“Stephen Crichton also made no requests to play fullback. That isn’t in his contract. He will play anywhere he is asked. He will play hooker if we asked. He is a great acquisition for our club.

It could well be that he plays fullback. But he has proven he is onenof thw worlds best centres. It was never ever raised in our discussions with him that he has to play fullback.”

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
[emoji91]BREAKING[emoji91]

Gus Gould on Six Tackles with Gus podcast today has all but confirmed Taukeiaho’s signing and says as follows:

“No one, NO ONE, has been told that they have to move on and NO ONE has been told they can look elsewhere. It is false.”

On Crichton being signed as fullback:

“Stephen Crichton also made no requests to play fullback. That isn’t in his contract. He will play anywhere he is asked. He will play hooker if we asked. He is a great acquisition for our club.

It could well be that he plays fullback. But he has proven he is onenof thw worlds best centres. It was never ever raised in our discussions with him that he has to play fullback.”
Gus dribbles shit when he speaks publicly all the time but I lowkey hope that Crichton thing is true

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gus dribbles shit when he speaks publicly all the time but I lowkey hope that Crichton thing is true
I’m not saying Crichton won’t be tried at FB, but I never thought he only signed if he could strictly play in that position, always thought that was just media hype …

Those that don’t have fishbowl memories would remember when JAC first signed, all the the hype was it was only if he could have the FB position as well … how’d that play out ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I’m not saying Crichton won’t be tried at FB, but I never thought he only signed if he could strictly play in that position, always thought that was just media hype …

Those that don’t have fishbowl memories would remember when JAC first signed, all the the hype was it was only if he could have the FB position as well … how’d that play out ?
I think playing Crichton fullback would justify his reported salary. It'd be stupid to at least not give it a go when talking about roster/salary cap management. It's a way to offset paying overs if it works out at least.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think playing Crichton fullback would justify his reported salary. It'd be stupid to at least not give it a go when talking about roster/salary cap management. It's a way to offset paying overs if it works out at least.
They may well give him a shot in the 1 jersey …

But personally, when I watch our team getting it’s ass kicked by big margins every week and when you see us sitting at a shitty 16th on the ladder, I don’t really care what we have to pay to get good talent to come to the club.

When it comes to top shelf premiership winning experienced players like Crichton, I don’t care if the clubs paying him $800k to play centre, pay whatever’s reasonably legally allowed to grab as much of that elite type talent as we possibly can at the moment while we’re rebuilding the pathways ..

95% of the cap has to be spent anyway … why do we care so much what we need to pay to get top shelf talent ?

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good Props are now getting $1 mill so i think if chrighton plays centre and we get someone like wilson or josh coming good at fb the overall balance would still be ok cause what chrighton offers at centre already makes us a much better team i reckon thats why we r getting tafe to create competition

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Critta could make a gun fullback. Has all the attributes and he looks starved for ball at Penrith.
You could be right mate, either way he’s a professional athlete and we know he’ll give it his 100% best go … we have a stack of centres to cover that position while we see how he goes …

If it doesn’t work out he’s an elite centre, they’ll move him back there and Taaffe who’ll have been also training with the team can slot in …

Maybe in the pre season CC will think Taaffe has the better defence organising voice and that the team will gel better with Crichton in the centres and Taaffe at FB … we’ll just have to wait and see how it pans out ..