Sin Bin for Some- but Not others ?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sam Hughes sin binned for 10 mins, yet Klemmer goes on report twice in 1 game and is Not sin binned ... i cannot work it out.
It's ridiculous,and getting worse . . . The icing on the cake,was having to check with the bunker to see if a goal was successful . . .3 on field officials couldn't determine if the ball went through the posts, that'll do me

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I try not to be biased to our club and look at things from a wider angle but some clubs seem to get the sh#t end of the ref calls most of the time.

Raiders, Warriors and the Bulldogs get most of the bad calls for sure.

Meanwhile there seems to be something in the referees handbook that if you’re unsure just call “penalty Broncos”.

Latrell Mitchell could deadset run someone over with a truck and just get placed on report.

But at least we don’t have Felise Kaufusi or Victor Radley. If they sneeze to loud they’re in the bin!

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be an element of the fouled player contributing to the tackle type/technique taken into consideration.

ie; Morrin on Murray - Cameron leans heavily forward into the tackler almost tipping himself over and Morrin continues the natural momentum

Hughes on Sualii - Samuel takes an approach to absorb the attackers aggressive running and flings Sualii around with the runners momentum

Very different from players who fly out of the line to put a shot on and get it wrong or the other grubs who pretend to fall onto, into or step on players after a try scoring attempt that you had no chance of effecting a result.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likewise Klemmer silly cheap shot twice in a row. At least Hughes was involved in a dominant tackle.
I saw it more as a symptom of the way the tackle evolved. It ended with 2 or 3 of our defenders falling on Welch and Sam’s arm was holding him across the shoulders, so when they landed all their weight came down and his forearm ended up in Welch’s face. It wasn’t as if he made a separate movement.

The other one I was trying to remember was Bryce Cartwright. It was a more deliberate action as he just dropped onto an already prone player and hit him with his forearm. Apparently he only was fined for it.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m still scratching my head over Latrell Mitchell’s offences against Warriors … elbows to Johnson’s head should of been instant send off & then a worse over the horizontal lift than Morrins & no 10 in the bin .. wtf ?
This is why he acts like a spoiled brat, he often gets away with a lot of grubby sh!t and acts like he’s untouchable

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The bunker decision to send Hughes to the bin was another howler. he was only charged to save face.
It wasn't a howler IMO, it was a ploy to sap our momentum. Hughes grabbed Suallii he was trying to run from his left to right side. Hughes grabbed chest to chest and simply kept the momentum from Suallii's run going as he spun to put him on his back. It looked bad, but Suallii stayed down till he got the call he wanted then looked immensely pissed off that he had to go for a HIA.

I've never seen a team cop the number of

If the refs were in a burning bus and I had a fire extinguisher and a pack of marshmallows, I'm not sure how many marshmallows I'd get to eat before emergency services got there to put the fire out. But I wouldn't be paying to have my fire extinguisher recharged for those *****.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
It wasn't a howler IMO, it was a ploy to sap our momentum. Hughes grabbed Suallii he was trying to run from his left to right side. Hughes grabbed chest to chest and simply kept the momentum from Suallii's run going as he spun to put him on his back. It looked bad, but Suallii stayed down till he got the call he wanted then looked immensely pissed off that he had to go for a HIA.

I've never seen a team cop the number of

If the refs were in a burning bus and I had a fire extinguisher and a pack of marshmallows, I'm not sure how many marshmallows I'd get to eat before emergency services got there to put the fire out. But I wouldn't be paying to have my fire extinguisher recharged for those *****.
Eh? Didn’t Hughes get binned for giving the Melbourne front rower (who’s name escapes me) a supposed face massage with a forearm that was deemed forceful contact to the head by the bunker?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Eh? Didn’t Hughes get binned for giving the Melbourne front rower (who’s name escapes me) a supposed face massage with a forearm that was deemed forceful contact to the head by the bunker?
I listened on the radio to this week's game. I'll try to find a replay tomorrow. So I didn't see this incident. I was on the dangerous throw charge from last week.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should the Papps hit on Chriton be a penalty try. It’s been on replay in my head for days. Please help.

Last edited:

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Should the Papps hit on Chriton be a penalty try. It’s been on replay in my head for days. Please help.
Given it was Stephen Chricton I think we could safely say it would have been a try. So yeah - Penalty try.
If Max King put in the same kick I don't think he would have got there in time.
There needs to be some common sense applied.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Given it was Stephen Chricton I think we could safely say it would have been a try. So yeah - Penalty try.
If Max King put in the same kick I don't think he would have got there in time.
There needs to be some common sense applied.
In Rugby Union, that’s a penalty try every day of the week. I feel there’s some interpretation of the rules Union gets right and League is off the pace (and vice versa) - but the penalty try scenarios, Union gets it right most of the time.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
In Rugby Union, that’s a penalty try every day of the week. I feel there’s some interpretation of the rules Union gets right and League is off the pace (and vice versa) - but the penalty try scenarios, Union gets it right most of the time.
Yeah I think they’re missing the point.
It’s not a question of if you think he would have scored.
It’s a question of was he denied the chance to score?
If so it’s a penalty try.
There’s too much room for interpretation the other way and too many grey areas…

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The sooner the NRL implement a fixed panel for Bunker the inconsistency in decisions will keep happening.

There should be a 5 man Bunker who officiate every game. The same 5 for every game in the round. Made up with 2 Ex players, 2 x Refs and one head of the Bunker. None of them can communicate between themselves. With the head bunker officials decision only being used if the other 4 are split two each.

If something like this was implemented it would take out a lot of the inconsistency and also take out an element of corruption from the game. This part I’m convinced is the reason something like this isn’t in place.

BULLDOGGSFAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The sooner the NRL implement a fixed panel for Bunker the inconsistency in decisions will keep happening.

There should be a 5 man Bunker who officiate every game. The same 5 for every game in the round. Made up with 2 Ex players, 2 x Refs and one head of the Bunker. None of them can communicate between themselves. With the head bunker officials decision only being used if the other 4 are split two each.

If something like this was implemented it would take out a lot of the inconsistency and also take out an element of corruption from the game. This part I’m convinced is the reason something like this isn’t in place.
You need a big office at NRL HQ and an attractive secretary

Reactions: CMP

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Lets see. These are their choices..

dam Gee
Referee
Photo of Adam Gee

Ashley Klein
Referee
Photo of Ashley Klein

Ben Cummins
Referee
Photo of Ben Cummins

Chris Sutton
Referee
Photo of Chris Sutton

Dave Munro
Referee
Photo of Dave Munro

Belinda Sharpe
Referee
Photo of Belinda Sharpe

Gerard Sutton
Referee
Photo of Gerard Sutton

Grant Atkins
Referee
Photo of Grant Atkins

Matt Noyen
Referee
Photo of Matt Noyen

Peter Gough
Referee
Photo of Peter Gough

Phil Henderson
Referee
Photo of Phil Henderson

Drew Oultram
Referee
Photo of Drew Oultram

Liam Kennedy
Referee
Photo of Liam Kennedy

Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Referee
Photo of Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski

Todd Smith
Referee
Photo of Todd Smith

Kasey Badger
Assistant Referee
Photo of Kasey Badger

Chris Butler
Referee
Photo of Chris Butler

Darian Furner
Referee
Photo of Darian Furner

Wyatt Raymond
Referee
Photo of Wyatt Raymond

That means there are a lot of differing interpretations in any given round. We have all seen how these guys use that "interpretation" week in week out on field. Just as many in the bunker. Common sense and black and white are foreign concepts for them.