Simulators for NRL players to improve performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Simulators for pilots, motor racing, golf, tennis & other sports are in existence & used for the elite to increase a participants performance.

Will these simulators become the norm one day for all NRL teams?

Would a 'play maker' use one of these 'simulators' to determine what best attack is best used dependent on the teams opposition defense & exploit them?

I assume the simulator would have to load up each players technique / strengths / weaknesses but also the teams structure / execution to suit to give the participant an advantage.

Stats are stats but when will they exist?

http://www.sportssimulator.com/#!rugby-league/c404

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
im not sure what the advantage is because anything you do in a simulator you can do in real life

for example the goalkicking thing you can do in a park

in f1 simulators are used because too much money was wasted in testing so they banned it, for pilots im sure its the money thing as well to train on a simulator

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
im not sure what the advantage is because anything you do in a simulator you can do in real life

for example the goalkicking thing you can do in a park

in f1 simulators are used because too much money was wasted in testing so they banned it, for pilots im sure its the money thing as well to train on a simulator
Kicking goals would be pointless.

It would be useful where you are approaching the oppositions try line & working out which option is best. Eg. Pass to out wide, put in a short pass, put in a kick out wide & roll in a grubbing kick. All options.

If it existed it would be handy for our play makers!

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Rugby League will always be deep down a simple mans game. I find over-simplyfying things just makes things worse.

Ever since we started using this whole "state of the art" technology at the Bulldogs, our game has managed to get worse and worse.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Rugby League will always be deep down a simple mans game. I find over-simplyfying things just makes things worse.

Ever since we started using this whole "state of the art" technology at the Bulldogs, our game has managed to get worse and worse.
Not that I follow NFL but I assume their game is even more simple than ours but they are using similar advancements to this. Maybe because they have more money to throw around or just maybe some of it works.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Simulators only work where something can be simulated.

In NRL everything is non simulated. You can't tel always what a player is going to do, so the unpredictability (sp?) makes it much harder to simulate.

In F1, and flying, there are set scenarios / tracks / airports / landscape that you can set, and variables you can add in. So you can simulate a flight to LAX, in rain, of a night, in a Britten Norman Islander. In F1 you can simulate a partially fuelled car, in 40 degree heat, with 60 degree track temps, with partially gone tyres, at Silverstone.

But in NRL, everything is hands on. You can't simulate a tackle, or a kick, or anything like that, because theres no feedback given.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
only way to simulate NRL would be some advanced virtual reality, nothing available right now to simulate 26 AI players.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
only way to simulate NRL would be some advanced virtual reality, nothing available right now to simulate 26 AI players.
I'm sure that its not quite possible yet but I reckon its not too far away.

Drivers like to practice different circuits on their simulators. Why couldn't a player practice options against different teams?

I'm certain it will happen one day.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Imagine being able to make the simulator "watch" a certain teams games to analyse each player. The computer could then work out each players capabilities, and what they would most likely do in X situation. You could then come up with specific set plays for specific teams which had a very high percentage chance of coming off in your favour.

Could be very very powerful but I doubt we are at a stage where we have the technology to do it properly.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Well with androids being able to play soccer, maybe RNRL Robotic National Rugby League, isnt far off after all!

Status
Not open for further replies.