News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

Old Man JB

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably because your non dogs supporter friends don't have the passion for the club that some of our harshest critics do.

I am a reformed cynic. I now think we will make the finals and Sammy Hughes will win Dally M prop of the year. But I will never understand the constant calls to silence a group of supporters who are no less passionate than you, just because they have a different viewpoint to you.

Let's gooo
Different view point is good and healthy for debate, constant death riding of everything the club does and at times lying is just trolling.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No doubt we need some big middles but signing him off an acl.... nah hard pass. Let him come back and prove himself then take another look at him.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This signing makes sense if the following points are true, or are valid considerations:
1. Minimum or close to minimum wage
2. Signed more for 2025 and perhaps onwards if he shows much
3. Signed as depth as part of our clear policy to have more redundancy in the squad
4. Part of being proactive in relation to the ever changing landscape of concussion protocols. It used to be that you needed 8 props, 2 start, 2 bench, 2 suspended, 2 injured. With the way things are going you are going to need 16 props. 2 start, 2 bench, 2 suspended, 2 injured, 8 concussed...
5. We don't have enough props!

If we signed him because someone at the club thinks he is going to be the next JWH, then that's a problem. But is that actually true? Doubt.
It's bewildering, what does the Pretenders the Clowns and the Doom & Gloom brigades expect Gus to do under the current circumstances of the players market ?
No mater who gets signed released or kept by Gus, they are never happy !
They ignore the fact that 95% of the cap must be spent regardless what the squad is.
Most importantly, they never really acknowledge the fact Gus's work is already showing great results by winning lower grades comps...
My blunt message to these people, GROW UP !!!

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Confident he will be better than EQW he was a Q cup player only and a centre.
This guy has already played 35 NRL games.
Are we taking a punt post ACL, yes but a medical is pending and he will be cheap as so I dont see what the fn drama is..if he doesn't cut it so what he isn't being bought as our prop saviour ffs.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Confident he will be better than EQW he was a Q cup player only and a centre.
This guy has already played 35 NRL games.
Are we taking a punt post ACL, yes but a medical is pending and he will be cheap as so I dont see what the fn drama is..if he doesn't cut it so what he isn't being bought as our prop saviour ffs.
Who's being bought as our saviour then? That's the problem. Who gives a fuck about depth when you don't have a competent starting frontrow.

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Probably because your non dogs supporter friends don't have the passion for the club that some of our harshest critics do.

I am a reformed cynic. I now think we will make the finals and Sammy Hughes will win Dally M prop of the year. But I will never understand the constant calls to silence a group of supporters who are no less passionate than you, just because they have a different viewpoint to you.

Let's gooo
Yeah nahh yeah nahh maybe yeah nahh...Im not asking for silence I just think you can post opinions without being offensive. Passion is a fine line and seems to be used as an excuse. Ive got no dramas with people having different opinions its just how you express it. Believe me as an eyetie I understand passion. It fuels my culture to make better Ferraris, ducatis, art, fashion and Barilla!! Having crisp constructive conversation with my mates has nothing to do with passion...its about being an adult, not a child, anyway....

....its refreshing to see you 'reform'. Im with you on sammy, geez Dally M be nice but theres some stiff competition. But all things considered Im confident we'll give the top half of the ladder a shake this year...Lets goooo for sure!!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Who's being bought as our saviour then? That's the problem. Who gives a fuck about depth when you don't have a competent starting frontrow.
We have a very competent young forward pack... You need to stop dreaming and bitching about a tomorrow premiership and be patient, give it a year or two we will have a pack full of saviors and a genuine window opening.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We have a very competent young forward pack... You need to stop dreaming and bitching about a tomorrow premiership and be patient, give it a year or two we will have a pack full of saviors and a genuine window opening.
He is not capable of this KL lol sadly ... he is broken young fella :(

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
When I look at an NRL season I break it up into pre, during and post origin. So to me there are 3 sub seasons and its all about timing. If Daniel signs he starts his preseason abit later, thats all. If dogs are there abouts by the end of origin and hes chomping on the bit then open the mirrored smoky curtains and unleash the beast...'who let the dogs out'...but for now its...'Im just a walking the dog'. Loved hearing that at belmore.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
No doubt we need some big middles but signing him off an acl.... nah hard pass. Let him come back and prove himself then take another look at him.
By then he will be gone, resigned or signed by someone else.

This is vey low risk, not paying much if anything at all this season and close to minimum next season.

It's not like we are missing out on someone else by signing him.

Always a Bulldog

MichaelM

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always good to see all the different opinions when a prospective signing is being discussed, although I have blocked so many these days it does seem a little disjointed.

My view is there is always a risk signing a player coming of injury, however plenty of guys have played their best football on the back of a major injury - the medicos will make that assessment.

Suluka Fifita provided good go forward for Souths - worked hard, off the bench with usually one short burst for an average of 20-25 mins in a team stacked with big mobile middles.

I think he is the kind of player that would improve if he had to step up and start the game.

So, is it really a stretch to extend his on-field time to 2 x 20 min stints? If he can turn the 90m average into 150-160m he will have stats that rival the competitions best front rowers.

Whether he is fit in March or May-June does it really matter given our current forward depth and the talent available in the marketplace.

At the right price I think he would be a really good pick up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
No we don't

4Runner

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same fucking nonsense every fucking year with the "he's better than what we have". They never fucking are.
yeah mate yeah mate yeah...last pair of shoes I bought I put on my feet, where ur socks? Hehehehe....nahhh yeah mate yeah mate nahhhhhhhhh.

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah nahh yeah nahh maybe yeah nahh...Im not asking for silence I just think you can post opinions without being offensive. Passion is a fine line and seems to be used as an excuse. Ive got no dramas with people having different opinions its just how you express it. Believe me as an eyetie I understand passion. It fuels my culture to make better Ferraris, ducatis, art, fashion and Barilla!! Having crisp constructive conversation with my mates has nothing to do with passion...its about being an adult, not a child, anyway....

....its refreshing to see you 'reform'. Im with you on sammy, geez Dally M be nice but theres some stiff competition. But all things considered Im confident we'll give the top half of the ladder a shake this year...Lets goooo for sure!!
Hi Nasheed…