News Signed 2 years. Suluka Fifita

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Just having a laugh with ya old man. I was only pointing out that there is a thread on this already. But given you have explained yourself, I apologise and i guess with your old age and poor eye sight, you couldn't see the other thread. Good thanks [emoji4]
And personally i dont give a rats arse wether i post or not just thought others might enjoy seeing a signing all you have to do is look at how much i post before you start flapping your gums bub!

alic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Reading into his stats not sure if it’s right but he averaged 90 metres in his last 8 games last year in 22.5mins on average per game . He also did not make an error in those games ? Can someone confirm 24
Is young for a prop but has been injury riddled .

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Let’s just say though Terrell may deserves all the accolades , going to be some prop .
Now that we are a couple of years post covid, Young props will start coming through again. I doubt we see another prop go for more than a million for a while . . . Suck shit to the clubs that paid that much :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that we are a couple of years post covid, Young props will start coming through again. I doubt we see another prop go for more than a million for a while . . . Suck shit to the clubs that paid that much :tearsofjoy:
I dare say a lot of fringe NRL players are going to get chances too. I have a feeling that as the market starts showing signs of recovery, a new team will be introduced repeating the whole issue. Hopefully we'll be among the club's with a solid production line to get us through it by then. If the only clubs not massively overpaying for players through it are managing by bringing through juniors, hopefully it'll show other clubs the value of supporting regional football.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dare say a lot of fringe NRL players are going to get chances too. I have a feeling that as the market starts showing signs of recovery, a new team will be introduced repeating the whole issue. Hopefully we'll be among the club's with a solid production line to get us through it by then. If the only clubs not massively overpaying for players through it are managing by bringing through juniors, hopefully it'll show other clubs the value of supporting regional football.
I'm not saying that that is Gussy's plan . . . But that's the plan.He started buying quality young players and they are starting to filter through the system. He has the Bulldogs tentacles everywhere . . .North Coast, Queensland, New Zealand, Fiji . . . I hear we have this Eskimo kid on a train and trial deal :tearsofjoy:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not saying that that is Gussy's plan . . . But that's the plan.He started buying quality young players and they are starting to filter through the system. He has the Bulldogs tentacles everywhere . . .North Coast, Queensland, New Zealand, Fiji . . . I hear we have this Eskimo kid on a train and trial deal :tearsofjoy:
And word in some article is we've signed an American YouTuber who gives any sport a shot. Warburton flew there specifically for that.

stevesonthebay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
This is fanciful. Signing an injured, unproven front rower with a handful of first grade games on his resume does absolutely nothing to help our already slim chances of making the 8
The thing is there has been bugger all top props out there on the market for the last couple of seasons and there is not much coming through for next season. We have to develop our own props. Sam Hughes is one but there are no definite others coming through our system at the moment.

I think if Fafita was fit and ready to go we may have signed him earlier. We were after May and he has onlt played a handful of games. I see Fafita as similar if he was fit.

Its not so much that Fifita has only played minimal NRL for this season but for future development as well.

But even for this season its more the fact that his addition will be a positive in that we need size and agression to attack the line. When Pele came on last year though he was inexperienced you could see the difference in how he bent the line and gave us momentum. So long as Fifita gets match fit his size and agression alone will give us more momentum and and a better power game.

But thats not taking away from any ability he may have with ball skills or his running game or hard hitting defence. The thing is he will be playing in a system and if he doesn't fit in or tow the line then he won't make NRL. But I am sure he will.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently that Eskimo kids icing it and will eventually seal a top 30 spot .. [emoji106]

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We did pay Thompson about 2 million for less than 1 years worth of games didn't we :tearsofjoy:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We did pay Thompson about 2 million for less than 1 years worth of games didn't we :tearsofjoy:
So,comparatively, based on the fact Tetavano would be on next to nothing he is already a bargain?