Opinion Sign Shaun Johnson

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Signing a 33 yo who doesn't want to leave NZ?

Why not. Lets just repeat the mistakes of the last few years because they worked out so well for us the first, second and third times we tried it.

How about we develop our own.
Ok so your solution is to go without a halfback for another few years. Great, thanks.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah thank fuck. Because Gus has done such a terrific job with it lol
Gus has an eye on the future and invested in kids.

This will pay off in the next couple of years.

The instant gratification you crave hasn't worked over the last few coaches but you want to go back to it?

If you can't see the difference then I am sorry for you.

Last edited:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be trying to sign SJ or Hunt next year followed by an experienced prop like McLean. I know hunt wouldn't come cheap but if we were sign SJ for 450-500k 1-2 year contract and sign McLean on 300-400k 2 year contract I think that would benefit the team a lot.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
SJ would fail here.. missed that Window 2 yrs ago.
Our Juniors are looking good..
We have Rajab coming through. KO is only 3 games in and will grow into great half in 3 - 4 years. Burton I can actually see as a great Lock in a few years.
My Spine in 2026
1 S Crichton 6. K.Oloapu 7. K. Rajab 9. R. Mahoney
I'd like 3 international forwards Aden Fonua Brown, Payne Hass and Tui Kamikamica with Max King V.Kikau J.Preston and toilers like Morrin - Edwards and then Pele off the bench.

1 Crichton
2 Fox
3 Wilson
4 Averillo
5 Kiraz
6 Oloapu
7 Rajab
13 Burton
12 kikau
11 Preston
10 Fonua Brown
9 Mahoney
8 Hass
14 Alomoti
15 Tui Kamikamica
16 King
17 Pele
18 Edwards
19 Morrin

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hearing rajab has been promised a crack at 7 and KO is seen as a lock by the club
Can't hurt giving him a go.

This season is another write off and our best hope is to avoid the spoon.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah thank fuck. Because Gus has done such a terrific job with it lol
Your a fucking clown. He bought King in last year, Mahoney and Kikau here this year, with Chrichton and Xerri, plus a few more to come for next year. How is that bad? Especially considering how completely out of wack our cap was, and how poor we were playing!!
Gus has more understanding of how to run a football club and manage its cap in his left teste then anyone here on the kennel.
But you want to sign a 34 year old johnson for 1.5mil a season, for 3 years??? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Agree he is on 500 at warrior and tiger have offered 600 why would we offer 1000000 or anything at all
If this is real and the tigers are that daft then I hope they pull the trigger and get it done.

Can't see Johnson leaving NZ though