SICK OF THE NEGATIVITY ON HERE

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Faz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't post very often (about 150 in total), but I have been a member since 2008 and read the posts every day. For me personally, I love the differing opinions; the venom and the honey, the love and the hate.

If I had to log on and be only exposed to positive reinforcement of a coach who is obviously failing and a team that is not performing, then I can assure you that my time spent in The Kennel would be greatly reduced if not ceased altogether.

We need to encourage the diversity of thought, not stifle it. You're off base on this one Mr I and pushing this agenda will result in the forum becoming a very lonely place.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Btw just want to put my 2c in, I'm one of those super negative guys you are whinging about, but at the same time you are one of those people living in a fantasy land....

I'm super negative and you want me gone or support another club, yet, I flew down from Gold coast on Thursday night, on Friday had to drive from Earlwood to Colyton to pick up the kids from their mums, then drove back home, that's nearly 2.5hrs driving just there, then I loaded up the 4 kids and made short drive to Belmore, walked 15mins because no where to park the car, paid $68 to get in to watch the game, sat behind the goal posts in torrential rain, had to put up with a pathetic display of football, we lost, the kids got drenched, took 15 mins to walk back to the car in the rain and drove home. Lets see you or anyone else match this dedication....

As much as I hate Hasler and the shit players in our team and our shit attack, come game day, this silly disease I have gives me hope that the Dogs will win and today will be the start of the turnaround. This happens every week. Then I come on here and vent my frustration with fellow Dogs supporters. You see it as super negative, I see it as reality. It costs me thousands of dollars in travel a year in flights, tix, merchandise and food to watch this shit team play.

Don't you fuckin dare tell me I should support another team, I am a Bulldogs supporter through and through and I want to win or try our best and have pride in our Jerseys. And I will vent my frustration and my so called Negativity, I wish I was dumb and stupid and didn't really know anything about footy so I could watch the games blindly like most of our supporters. Sometimes I envy them so I wouldn't be worked up all the time.
that's X 100000000, close thread

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Miss the finals for the next 5 years and get a spoon along the way - "FUCK THIS NEW COACH.. WHY DID WE GET RID OF DES FFS!!!"

See that, I feel as bad now as I'll feel if that happens.

2008 was a year I couldn't watch, I'm worried 2017 is the same and your going to tell me to stay positive? Atleast in 2008 the club was in turmoil and we basically had no team. There is absolutely no reason why the dogs should be in the state they are in and that depresses me more than anything. I've stayed positive long enough and like I said if I don't start seeing players running off the back fence than Fcuk the bulldogs and the stress they bring me.

Last edited:

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I see where you're coming from, but the irony is... you are trying to entice change by voicing your calculated opinion. That is pretty much what most negative posts on here are trying to achieve as well (besides the odd short 'fuck des' posts). Everyone on here doesn't want to support another club, they just show their support and how they care and how they hate to see our club struggling in different ways (sometimes like an angry dad). Might not be pretty to read, but its something that will never go away.

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a question for you @Mr Invisible. The club and coach wrote off the 9's as a waste and disgraced our jersey with the performances in Auckland. Now you would assume that the purpose of that would be to be ready for round 1 of the regular season which is a priority. But what we saw was a team that has hardly improved from losing 4 in a row last year. The Storm were missing Harris and Slater. Bromwich went off early with an injury and we still couldn't score on them. We can't use the weather as an excuse because the Tigers didn't seem to have any problems playing good footy in the rain.

The issue with our team isn't just the halves in isolation. Maybe we should have more constructive conversations instead of straight up negativity but how can you expect things to change when the team hasn't for the last 2 years? The fans love Belmore but the players don't turn up. I didn't see them be bruising in defence apart from Klemmer. Reynolds dropped the ball cold like 3 times. Our line speed is is still a problem and teams seem to be able to match up the field against us.

Our attack still sucks. It was individual brilliance from Brenko Lee that got us our only try. Our players don't attack well as a unit. Just look at how the Roosters who almost got the spoon last year attacked. Both halves linking up, the forwards running great lines and decoys when required. Our guys don't do that. We will win games but something drastic will need to happen for us to be a true challenger. Dropping underperforming players would be a start. I actually thought Danny F ran straighter and harder than Graham. None of this sideways trying to step people before the line. RFM also added much more than Eastwood. Elliott got almost no game time and we are better off having a Frawley/Cleeland/Woolford on the bench who can come on and spark the game.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This forum aint what it used to be[emoji3]

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
In regard to posting on this forum I believe the subject, the tone and language used are triggered by the poster's emotions. And that is good, it shows that person cares about the Bulldogs. The problem that can arise (and I'm guilty of this) is that the poster shoots from the lip without knowing all the facts that led to a particular situation.

When the Bulldogs play a game they will either win or lose. A win? Okay we won. A loss? Okay we lost. But our emotions go much deeper than those two simple facts. For me what counts is how we lost and how we won. And let's face it, the Bulldogs have had plenty of problems with their game plan(?? Do we really have one?), our speed off the line defence is non existent, our attack is so predictable - three or four hit ups then out to a flat footed backline. In defence there is no mongrel or hard hitting there as the opposition have already taken the advantage thanks to our zero speed of the line. In attack there is no quick incisive running or passing because our backs need to think about what they are doing. Then there's our kicking game... unfortunately it doesn't exist. If you don't believe me please remember the Storm game last Friday.

Des Hasler has had the Bulldogs since 2012 and from 2013 all of the above I have mentioned are coachable.

So in all honesty, I can understand some of the more emotional Kneelers having a heart wrenching brain explosion and go off the deep end.

Maybe we can call these posters passionate; if we do we have people just like Josh Reynolds on board. The only difference is that Josh has the playing field to vent his emotions, we kneelers only have the keyboard,

So really, its not just a case of "Oh Geez, he's gone over the top", its what triggered his emotions for him to write in that tone and use that offensive language.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even think the negativity is even that warranted based on the storm game. I thought out attack looked a lot better than last year. If we were on a dry track against a team that doesn't have the defence that Melbourne has I reckon we could have put on a few points

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm one of the current negative ones.

I've got a 15 game season membership
I went to belmore on friday
I moved things around at work so I could go to Friday night
I cheered the team on (even tolman)
I came home and watched a replay of the game (even though I was pissed off)

In conclusion I'm negative because THIS is the team des has built
Des refuses to address problems in our team, I'll forgive the halves because of the torrential rain and we did blow 3 four pointers

But I won't forgive persisting with graham and Tolman starting together and there being copious amounts of evidence that we get dominated and lose field position with these two on the field (especially fucking tolman) and then to have the gall to sign tolman for another 3 fucking years when he quite CLEARLY isn't up to it, he gets dominated by EVERYONE.

Even fualolo was better than tolman on friday.

RFM made an impact EVERY TIME he ran with the ball and we have him sitting on the bench just so tolman can start. It's fucking obvious that klemmer goes to prop and tolman goes on the bench.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't even think the negativity is even that warranted based on the storm game. I thought out attack looked a lot better than last year. If we were on a dry track against a team that doesn't have the defence that Melbourne has I reckon we could have put on a few points
I think it might just be a build up of the whole off season of talking about changes and then the first game rolls around and then we get conditions where we can't show off any new things we have up our sleeve. It's just frustrating for everyone I'd say from players to the fans. We really need a convincing win soon just to lift the mood for everyone.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny enough, so far this is a good thread. Lots of debate without getting personal or stupid.

Keep it up guys :grinning:

Last edited:

Dogzof95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before we become a happy go lucky forum, can we please ask the players, the coach, CEO and the board if they get offended by the negative people! Because I'll tell you right now they don't give a @#?*. That's the truth! It's a bloody sport that's turned into a business, all they care about is the money! If they had the same emotions as some of the so called negative supporters, we would have won a couple of premierships maybe more! So before you hold the fans accountable for being negatively passionate, you should hold the entire club for currently being incompetent! #MEMEBERSHIP

Last edited:

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
bloody hell..... so you don't agree with some on here so now you want to restrict those who see something wrong and reward the retarded who clap and dribble come on....who are you kim jong un??
]
You lose all credibility in your arguments when you start out by implying people are retarded for having a different attitude to you. Personal insults aren't needed. The fact is that you want to take your frustration out at the club. The club would probably just delete your messages if you send insults, so instead you choose to try and piss people off so they'll argue with you and give you an ongoing outlet for your frustrations. I choose not to engage with people that have no respect for others and you have clearly displayed that you don't.

Btw just want to put my 2c in, I'm one of those super negative guys you are whinging about, but at the same time you are one of those people living in a fantasy land....

Don't you fuckin dare tell me I should support another team, I am a Bulldogs supporter through and through and I want to win or try our best and have pride in our Jerseys. And I will vent my frustration and my so called Negativity, I wish I was dumb and stupid and didn't really know anything about footy so I could watch the games blindly like most of our supporters. Sometimes I envy them so I wouldn't be worked up all the time.
As supporters we all regard a premiership as a fantasy, a hope, a thing that will make us happy. I'm under no delusions that our team is perfect and I've offered constructive criticism about our team in moderation where I feel it's warranted. The thing is that a huge portion of this site now lack moderation. They're not getting the satisfaction of arguing their point with the club, so they try to argue the same old points relentlessly with people who are unwilling to keep beating a dead horse. Maybe it's a part of the mentality that misery loves company that causes people like you to want everybody to not enjoy something that you can't find joy in anymore, but that's sad for you.

I love the bulldogs and choose to support them verbally because that's just how I prefer to. You do your thing, I'll do mine. I'd be happy to leave it at that but you and many of the naysayers aren't. It's nice of you to imply that anyone who's not willing to whine relentlessly about the state of affairs lacks football knowledge and intelligence in general. Thanks for that, I choose not to respect your opinions either. I'll wear my blue and white goggles again this year like I did last year and like I will next year regardless of our performance this year. The fact is though that eventually people like me get sick of small minded people acting superior and thinking they have the right to insult others that don't agree with them.

Up until recently I hadn't used the ignore feature of this site. It's at the point where I have to work hard to resist the urge to use it at least once per thread. Differing opinions I'll tolerate, differing opinions thrown around with insults and an air of superiority don't make the kennel enjoyable and I think that is what Mr I was getting at when he started this thread.

Last edited:

khan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm super negative and you want me gone or support another club, yet, I flew down from Gold coast on Thursday night, on Friday had to drive from Earlwood to Colyton to pick up the kids from their mums, then drove back home, that's nearly 2.5hrs driving just there, then I loaded up the 4 kids and made short drive to Belmore, walked 15mins because no where to park the car, paid $68 to get in to watch the game, sat behind the goal posts in torrential rain, had to put up with a pathetic display of football, we lost, the kids got drenched, took 15 mins to walk back to the car in the rain and drove home. Lets see you or anyone else match this dedication....

As much as I hate Hasler and the shit players in our team and our shit attack, come game day, this silly disease I have gives me hope that the Dogs will win and today will be the start of the turnaround. This happens every week. Then I come on here and vent my frustration with fellow Dogs supporters. You see it as super negative, I see it as reality. It costs me thousands of dollars in travel a year in flights, tix, merchandise and food to watch this shit team play.

Lol bro that is honestly by far 1 of the best posts I've read on the kennel. No BS about it. Fuck what any **** says.
WE ARE AS REAL AS THEY COME. Fuck being fake.

Bulldog John

Since 1935
Reaction score
There's 100 things you can do to fix the on field problems were facing currently. Number 1 would be, GET A HALFBACK WITH A KICKING GAME! I think Moses has a place at our club but not at 7. And just for the record, sacking Des is not on the list.

Bigmous

on the loose
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been a member here since 2008. In that time I know we've had members come and go for various reasons, and others sadly pass away.

But we have also increasingly lost members due to the extreme negativity of posters around here (some worse than others).

It's getting to the point it's almost unbearable, and I've had people PM me even as recently as this weekend to state they are considering walking away from the site because they cannot stand the negativity ("It's not longer and enjoyable place to visit with the negativity").

More to the point, the negativity has also cost the site some bloody good moderators, and some bloody good posters, and that downright pisses me off.

Whilst I'm not the site owner (or an admin), I want to be incredibly blunt here.

Win or lose, a supporter backs and believes in a team (that includes the coach and players).

So you don't believe the coach is going well? That's fine, have an opinion on it, but understand you can do NOTHING to change that, so either you support the club how it is, or you log off, look at the ladder, and go support a side up the top of it (I'm sure that will make you much happier).

Repeating the same shit over, and over, and over, and over, and over again badmouthing and bagging our coach is a joke. WE GET IT. Say it once, and leave it at that. Simple!

The same people drowning this place in negativity are those that will never be happy.
Sack Des - HOORAY DES IS GONE!
Get a new coach in - HOORAY New Coach
Miss the finals for the next 5 years and get a spoon along the way - "FUCK THIS NEW COACH.. WHY DID WE GET RID OF DES FFS!!!"

Not to mention if we start going well this year, you almost have no right to enjoy the wins, given you have written the side off already.

I'm not saying "don't have an opinion" as that's what this place is all about. But posting shit in every single thread (the same negative rubbish) is getting beyond a joke.

If you aren't happy with the club, yet the club signs the coach for another 2 years (likely), then you have two options:
1. Put up and shut up.
2. Piss off and bandwagon support some other club.

I presume we are all adults (not kids here), and some posters need to start acting like it.

I'm really not sure what the next step is moving forwards: Reward posters for positive comments, or restrict those that bask in negativity.

But it's clear... some users need to pull their heads in, because if it continues along for much longer, something WILL change, and I dare say it won't be coming from myself or other moderators, but we will be asked to enforce it.

There have already been several conversations regarding this behind closed doors.
Well said, hope you've been well mate!

Unfortunately, this is exactly why I choose not to talk footy on this forum and don't really bother replying back in most cases. It feels like your surrounded with uneducated whiners aka kids half the time who only support our club because they think it's hectic or something...Pathetic!

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Iv been a member on the kennel since 2008 also. I have my own opinions. Where did it say in any terms or conditions I can't have negative opinions? Maybe you should log off if you don't like the comments on here. Or go start a new forum that has terms and conditions that members to that forum can only be ones with graze marks on their knees.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey did anyone watch second year syndrome? F#Ckn hilarious.. I love how they ripped on the roosters lol

Status
Not open for further replies.