Shoulder charge has been banned by NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Just heard that the shoulder charge has been banned, this will force big changes to the defense of some of our guys, like Josh Reynolds and trex
Maybe for the best

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
whats SBW going to do now,
all jokes aside, I think its a big mistake and will soften the game,

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good luck Sbw you **** tool!

Seriously, this is a joke. Last seasons stuff ups already had me bordering on not bothering to watch anymore. As it is, I basically only watch dogs games. I consider myself more a dogs supporter then league supporter. This pushes me further away

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't know if it's official but it's on the agenda again, these morons are a joke, Im sick of them trying to make things nice and safe for mummy and the kiddies who don't want to see barbaric blood.
My Granny loves the blood and guts, more, more! P.S they should have knives.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
i understand its for player welfare and safety always comes first.
so they ban the shoulder charge

well will they make it a rule that any player who cops a knock to the head is sent from the field to, same arguement ... player welfare
they have open a can of worms here, they cant ban one thing and turn a blind eye to another

Stanna man

Kennel Established
Reaction score
thats a shame...
that hit Greg Inglis did on Dean young this year was a beauty and part of rugby league...

LOVE the Sheik Tajj picture !!!!!!!!!

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
If they have banned the shoulder charge it wouldn't surprise me. They came down hard on hitting the head this year and if you look at the penalty Cranky Franky received early in the season you have to ask how could he not hit the guy's head? It's too easy to make a mistake as there are great differences in height of the player exacerbated by any falling away by the player tackled.

I too like the big hits but I admit I don't like to see players on the ground having been knocked out/cracked sternums/not able to breath.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Ban all that wrestling bullsh!t that causes 10 second play the balls not shoulder charges ffs!

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There are other ways of implementing a shoulder charge, just make sure you lead with both arms first, someone will come up with a technique that will hurt just as much.

She will be right mate!!

the_crusader

I'm a big blob of LARD
Reaction score
they banned the head slam also and no one complained about that

bullpup1971

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
hay allan harden up its not net ball
If they have banned the shoulder charge it wouldn't surprise me. They came down hard on hitting the head this year and if you look at the penalty Cranky Franky received early in the season you have to ask how could he not hit the guy's head? It's too easy to make a mistake as there are great differences in height of the player exacerbated by any falling away by the player tackled.

I too like the big hits but I admit I don't like to see players on the ground having been knocked out/cracked sternums/not able to breath.

Barba

TANK
Reaction score
**** THIS! This is the **** that pumps everyone up

Status
Not open for further replies.