Opinion Should we sign Angus Crichton?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last year he was all over the shop and I wouldn't touch him, neither would Rugby Australia. However he seems to have recovered a bit. He is playing well, and from the footage I have seen his body language looks better and he seems to have a sparkle back in his eye. I know we have some depth in the second row, however not at that potential level, in back to back years we have also coped long term injuries to Kiks or Preston. He can also play middle probs as goods as Poasa or Patolo. I think he may be worth a 1 year with 1 year MO contract at least, could potentially come quite cheap as well.
He was all over the shop because he was on drugs. The roosters were covering it up.

Allegedly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No not what we need. Sign Trey Mooney and Thomas Mikaele mid year signings.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How so? hes just turned 28yo... definitely has a little bit more in tank... don't worry he'll sign elsewhere anyway.. who wants to come to a club that loses 95% of its games and has NO middles or halves? I'll tell you who.. NOBODY
Hey 04 dreaming how ya been?

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt someone on here say he had bad mushrooms and got fried? :p lol

We need hard first grade standard forwards, not sure if he fits into the mould. Connor Watson would have been decent, hes done some good things this year. Would have been better then Hutch.
It’s a fact. Angus admitted taking them, but he reckons it wasn’t the mushrooms, but a manic bipolar episode that caused him to go off the rails. Other people have said they can provoke such an attack. Either way, the lad seems to have lost whatever footy mojo he had before.

alwaysthesun

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Credit where it's due this guy was a big part of the Roosters comeback on the weekend.. best he's played in years.... worth seeing if he keeps it up given much of his poor form last year you'd contribute to what happened during and after the Roos tour.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Credit where it's due this guy was a big part of the Roosters comeback on the weekend.. best he's played in years.... worth seeing if he keeps it up given much of his poor form last year you'd contribute to what happened during and after the Roos tour.
We don't need edges

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Schuster?
Could come cheap with Manly taking the hit on his $800k salary.
Wouldn’t sign him for free mate because he would still take up a roster spot.

Either goes to storm, panthers or ESL.

Seen too many blokes like him who get paid on talent and not results

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
What about Schuster?
Don’t think they would contribute much. He wants out also.

I don’t really see where he fits in our team besides depth and you don’t really sign $800k players for depth IMO

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
What about Schuster?
If he pulled his head in he could be a good attacking lock but defensively he has a long way to go. I think he needs to go to a top team/coach to get the best out of him.

Reactions: ATT

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
NOOO thank you. Do not want this clown in the blue a white!!

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Either way, the lad seems to have lost whatever footy mojo he had before.
Happy to put my hand up and say I was wrong about Angus. I was very impressed with his game vs our guys. Heaps of hard running and tackling. Has his edge back again where he’s harder to bring down than the majority of players.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
You cant just buy everyone, there comes a time when you need logic and skill from the seventeen named and I think we are seeing that.
Ciraldo could be a Bellamy in the making if he masterminds a win on Friday.
Massive challenge.