Should we re-sign Flanagan? (Read before commenting)

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give it 10 rounds . . . I might be able to kick and chase And I'll have a crack . . . But we need something better . . . Pay the money . . . Get a decent 7

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
The guns future is an interesting talking point. Many good judges say he can't get better. Barrett liked him and was very excited to work with him, then when Gould came along the gun was put back to nsw cup to develop and build his confidence, and Barrett persisted with anyone but the gun, until Gould allowed him to be picked, then suddenly he was there every week.
Like everyone else he had good and bad games under Potter for the rest of the season, with a couple of really solid outings.
Other than trying to get Moses, I haven't heard that we were particularly targeting any wiz bang halves, other than that St George Sullivan.
I realise Gould ALWAYS wanted Ciraldo, but seriously we weren't assured of getting him, he could of chosen the Tigers over us or stayed for a better offer. Despite many fans wanting Flanagan Snr, he apparently was never in the mix, despite his son being our No 1 halfback. Strange indeed.
I don't believe the club will offer the gun another deal, UNLESS he has a great opening couple of months this season.
As we know, halfback is the position with the most pressure and least talent available on the market. Most footy players, if they don't have natural halfback ability seem to be unable to be taught the role.
I'm hoping the gun kills it this season, then depending on whether we snag Moses or not, we'd offer him another contract if Ciraldo likes him. If he doesn't, he's gone.
All the same, I refuse to belittle Kyle. He's a bulldog and I support every player chosen by my Club to wear the jersey.
People with far greater knowledge than me decide such things. My role is to support whatever player takes the field. For that reason I'm hoping the gun has a great season and we gladly offer him another deal.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends on the $$$ he wants . He is a decent enough player of first grade standard when accomplished by Burton . But Flanno isn't going to win you a competition. Handy to keep around fro halves depth as long it's only $200-$250 max- I really want to see if Rajab can cut it in first grade as half back this season . I really like what I have seen of him for Lebanon and coming through the juniors. Watch Alomonti highlights and you will spot that Rajab was the star of the show. Probably the most promising halve we have brought through since the Sherwin, Anasta, Thurston era. First grade is a different story , but we won't no till we try him

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we shouldn't and we should have released him 2 years ago

Jebbundy

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Depends what his role is, if he’s doing exactly what ciraldo wants from him then hey if it works sign him to what he’s worth. Last year was a mess and burto in his first year. Barret has to take the blame for last year. If we want a dominant number 7 his days are numbered but if he’s the link to burton then maybe he stays. If we don’t get Moses there’s not much out there at this point. But if we get Moses I’m not sure, I’d say Gus and ciraldo have long term plans.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Flanagan is not the answer to our 1/2 problem. However, he is the best we have at the moment.
He is NRL ready, as the young guys coming through are not. Unless we snare a good 1/2, I think he may stay.

Sir dogeth style

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
lol think before posting, i think you need to take a look through the forum and see whats been said and how people already feel towards specific topics, since seeing you post (in the kindest way possible) you have posted the dumbest and most anti kennel shit i have ever seen like wtf are you on bro?? i dont post a lot but i was scanning this page for years before making an account to the point i already know how everyone feels about everything on here and you come on here trolling the shit out of everyone with ridiculous posts!!! fuck this post and fuck flannos 10% its 100% and a premiership ring or fuck off is how we feel about flanno, even with a ring a fuck off is still the highest option unless miracles appear, a lot like your posts nd threads lmfao
peace out homie dont stress too much

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Flanno could be the one reason we miss the 8 this year
Im 100% sure that wont be the case. If he was that bad, he would be hooked well before it stopped us making the 8. The other possibility a lot of people are discounting, is Ciraldo and a better organised team around him might mean Flanno improves a lot this year. He wasnt terrible at Roosters, was half decent. They didnt need him with Walker coming through (who is better so far) and Keary. He hasn't found his feet with us though yet. But the side has been shit, and coaching a nightmare.

Flannos main issue to me seems to be he doesnt know his role in the side. Too ad lib, no plan. Ciraldo will probably do a better job delegating to players who does what and coaching game plans. I wanna wait and see how he runs this year with the new setup, before deciding whether he should re-sign or resign.

Last edited:

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets sign Rick Wakeman he can play at half time and NO to Flange

silverelvis69

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No no no no no
Horrible kicking game and is letting Burton take too much responsibility
Hopefully he has a great year but go all out for Moses

Allan139

Waterboy
Reaction score
Flanno could be the one reason we miss the 8 this year
Could also be the reason we make it too. No one had any idea how’s he gonna perform this year under a new and what seems to be much a better coaching staff.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most are forgetting he's only 24. With the right coaching he'll improve.
I think we should keep him on fringe first grader money if possible. A very decent back up half and still young as you say.
This season will be telling as there is enough X factor in our team to make him look good.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
If majority of his teammates don't get along with him then it's a no brainer.
However if that's not an issue and his attack shows great improvement over the first 5-8 rounds then why not? His defence and fitness will never be an issue that's for sure

Arazern

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Bulk up and ball playing lock, and for the people saying to small just say Rubin Cotter smashing front row with pure want.