Should we have kept Kevin Moore as coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micko1979

Waterboy
Reaction score
looking back I think it would have been in the best interests of the club long term. Hasler obviously was a poor fit and certainly brought the club to its knees. Moore may have given us a premiership in the same time.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hind sight is a wonderful thing but in saying that Kevin Moore was an underachiever despite having us finish 2nd in his first home and away season as coach he failed to make the finals 2010 or 2011. To assume that we may have had a Premiership under Kevin if there was no Hasler and within the same time frame is highly questionable but thought provoking all the same.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Jim dymmick should have continued or at least for the gig ahead of fkn fraud **** pay

Anditsgone

Waterboy
Reaction score
looking back I think it would have been in the best interests of the club long term. Hasler obviously was a poor fit and certainly brought the club to its knees. Moore may have given us a premiership in the same time.
Yes, we should have kept Moore in some capacity

I go back to Folkes
May he Rest In Peace

We should never have punted him,

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hindsight is a great thing, when Folkes was leaving Bennet wanted the job that's why a number of bronco players came here but we signed Kevin instead.
If we had signed Bennet with Kevin as his assistant I'm sure at least one title would have followed, but instead we signed Kevin, and because of his name was on a hiding to nothing, and as a result he was white anted by Gould and even by some on the old debate page. If we had signed Bennet for a few years Kevin would have learned from him, and he may have been more successful.
As a result of the Kevin failure we went all out for the most successful coach available at the time which was Hasler, and get away from the old Moore family connection.
What a debacle it turned out to be,hopefully only hopefully we are now at the very bottom of the cycle but it looks like a long way up.
I think that due to the shit put on him, Kevin had lost the dressing room hence it may have been necessary for him to go.
In all this lets not underestimate the damage done to our club by the media in the past, and the damage they will do to our club in the future.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Moore perhaps wasn't a great coach but he was a part in attracting some very good players to the club.

I was thinking myself today if we keep Moore another year we would have bi-passed the Hasler era. But as others have said hindsight.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Moore perhaps wasn't a great coach but he was a part in attracting some very good players to the club.

I was thinking myself today if we keep Moore another year we would have bi-passed the Hasler era. But as others have said hindsight.
That's true. Unlike Hasler he did attract well known players to the club like Graham, Ennis, Pritchard, etc. He could be a good recruitment officer and work with mcdonnell to get good people over.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We have pay, I’m not a huge fan of our fg coach, but I will back him 100% while he is here, pointless bagging him so early.

Just have faith , I know it’s hard but just deal with it an let it unfold an see what happens.

Good times ahead for our great club! Weather that be sooner or later.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Folkes had gone passed his used by date by 2008 and we needed a fresh start. He had done as much as he was going to do.
Bullfrog could have possibly been given more time but it did look like he had lost the dressing room. He might have been able to turn it around with the 2012 team or it might have been a repeat of 2011 we will never know.

eagle66

Waterboy
Reaction score
I hated him when he caned at school but I loved the way he coached the Dogs and the Premierships that followed.
Yeah, he didn't mind lining the whole class up and giving us the cane. All because we busted each other in the Leagues Club having a beer and lunch. I don't know if it was because we were only 16 at the time or we didn't buy him a beer or we caught him having a beer during school time.

eagle66

Waterboy
Reaction score

Hasler was always on his way to the Dogs for 2013, then the Board & Greenberg grew some balls and went for the massive change during 2011.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Peter mullholland recruited most them playersamd during the early 2000s we should never let him go for that 4&20 pie eater Noel cock sucker cleal and or most of our former staff they all got the punt after 2012 for that cancers manly numptys

Status
Not open for further replies.