Should we go after Sam Williams or Ben Hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ben Hunt is overrated IMO... Sam Williams would definitely be the better pickup

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think if we can't get Sam Williams or someone who can live up to what Des needs from the NRL and waiting some years for the juniors to get good, then we should send someone out to England and see if we can snap someone from there. I think England can offer some quality players that might want the real test in the NRL and with that whole money scandal they are having it might be worth a shot.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean Johnson would be an incredible addition to our squad. Throw the cheque book at him IMO

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
How is the Bulldogs off for young halfs in the lower grades ?? Is there anyone there that is showing promise to be a future first grader??

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Todd leave benny to the experts and go speak with sean johnsons manager asap!

NotRayHadley

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If Johnson left the Warriors, my bet is that it would be for the Penny Warriors, to be coached by Cleary but it'd be nice.

KK is good enough to get splinters with us. Gotta remember his role in helping us go as far as we did last year. Obviously a toiler and not a marquee but he can play his role again when required.

I do also like the idea of Carney and Reynolds but a fit Hodgo isn't a bad default either...fit, being the big challenge.
A bit of starch in his tissue paper frame would be great to see as he has the footy brain and subtle slight of hand, which when he's playing, gives us calm direction to support the captain.

Fingers crossed, Trent gets some confidence in the body and gets back to first grade soon. With time on the field I'd suggest the debate and the cult of coulda/woulda/shoulda with be directed into putting the cash into keeping Frank and maintaining the squad which got us to the GF last year in a first year effort with the super coach.

Once Benny gets back and Trent has some consistent time on the park, the next trick shot will be rolled out.

(but lets get tight with Carney while the dramas at the Sharkies unfold to have an ace up the sleeve!)

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
Here we are at the start of the season and talking about getting a new halfback for next year.

The writing was on the wall last year and beyond that KK is rubbish.

I did see it as well as all of us, (99%) so why didn't Des.

Before season start I was waiting for the announcement that we have signed a top half, but nothing, unless we have a mid season signing.

Des is no.1 as far as coaches go, but even he cannot make a silk purse out of a sows ear.

If he hasn't a plan B for the rest of the season as far as replacement 7 I cannot see us making anywhere near the GF when opposing coaches know our weak link
and will target it. We all trust you Des, but come up with something, anything!

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Bring back Lord Holdsworth and see him flourish under the guidance of Hasler :grinning:

dogg4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
Chad Townsend from the sharkies is probably more of what the team needs. Good kicking game, good under pressure for a young kid, cheap option at this point too.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
sam williams had an absolute shocker on the weekend, even if his contract was $50 and a carton of stubbies, thats over priced. ben hunt i think the broncos will want to hang on to him, he would be a far better option then williams

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Neither... I don't think Williams is worth it and I don't think Hunt is proven at HB in the top grade.

Just my opinion

1. Shaun Johnson
> Halfback controlling the game
> Shaun Johnson

Pick only one.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Chad Townsend from the sharkies is probably more of what the team needs. Good kicking game, good under pressure for a young kid, cheap option at this point too.
Pretty handy goal-kicker too. I liked him when he was given chances in First Grade. Good suggestion.

dogg4life

Waterboy
Reaction score
Whatever mate, talk to any sharkies supporter who knows their side. Very highly regarded. The only reason he hasnt had a real crack is because the were winning for the most part last year and robson is solid. Once he gets a crack he is a definite first grade half. Unlike keating who number 14 at best..

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Neither
both are overrated in my opinion.
if hunt cant get a game infront of wallace, prince and norman who we all believe are deadbeats then why should we buy him.
sam williams had a few good games last year but that dont make him a good halfback.
That's a few more good games than Keating has had

Status
Not open for further replies.