Should the dogs offer the dragons Mahoney to secure Hunt?

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea in theory however I actually think mahoney has regressed that badly that he’s no longer a trade bait option, especially in a bid to lure a player of Hunts stature. It might work if we were trying to get a Jayden Sullivan or something but not hunt.

But as you said, dragons are dumb. They’ve taken on duds like Mbye and woods so it certainly isn’t beyond the realms of possibly tjay theyd entertain this deal

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Mahoney burst onto the scene with us and was class for the first 10 games. He did a hell of a lot of defence and was battering himself. I recall early in the season he was putting on big shots every week and was a standout defender. The poor bastard has had little help around him and his current form is probably a reflection of that and the burden of being captain of a side that is clueless in attack, soft in the middle and getting outclassed all too often. I think he needs a reset, a 2 week suspension would be ideal to give him a break.
Arguably his worst game of the year for us was in round eight against Parra, the other contender being last week against Nulla. Very rare for any starting NRL hooker to have two games that bad in a single season… let alone just over half a season. His game against the Cowboys in round five was an absolute stinker too, he missed 10 tackles in that game.

At the end of round 10 he was leading the league for missed tackles, penalties conceded and was up there on the error count too. There has been no period this season where he has played consistently well for us and he’s just not worth his price tag. I wish people would stop making excuses for him.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I like the idea in theory however I actually think mahoney has regressed that badly that he’s no longer a trade bait option, especially in a bid to lure a player of Hunts stature. It might work if we were trying to get a Jayden Sullivan or something but not hunt.

But as you said, dragons are dumb. They’ve taken on duds like Mbye and woods so it certainly isn’t beyond the realms of possibly tjay theyd entertain this deal
I honestly think they are dumb enough to take him on reputation, Fam. They’d probably even see it as a bargain lololol

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly who thinks Mahoney is the top 8 hookers of the comp this year?
I don’t even think he’s in the top 10. After scanning the competition, the following have all been ahead of reed over the past 12 months at least;
- cook
- grant
- Ben hunt
- koroisau
- robson
- b. Brayley
- JMK
- Wade egan
- Kenny
- Brandon smith
- Croker

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Hey dickhead didn’t you say Mahoney was shit. So why would St George want him instead of Flanno? Your logic is crap at times
The same reasons you still think Mahoney is good - his reputation and your stupidity. If you had bothered to read my comment, you would have seen I already explained that.

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t even think he’s in the top 10. After scanning the competition, the following have all been ahead of reed over the past 12 months at least;
- cook
- grant
- Ben hunt
- koroisau
- robson
- b. Brayley
- JMK
- Wade egan
- Kenny
- Brandon smith
- Croker
Can’t say Brandon Smith has been better this year but Brendan Hands from Parra certainly has been better. Of course you have to look at the whole team is traveling but I think it’s fair to say no one in their right mind could argue he’s been better than the above mentioned.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He wasn’t king last year
Why? Cause he didn’t win the GF?
Mahoney is an actual hooker, for the first time since ennis we a have a hooker and people are sooking.
Please tell me how many people wanted Ennis gone and then what happened.
I’ll will say Mahoney is shit when we have forwards that go forward and have quick play the balls and if Mahoney can’t keep up then you can say his shit.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The same reasons you still think Mahoney is good - his reputation and your stupidity. If you had bothered to read my comment, you would have seen I already explained that.
Why would I bother reading it? It’s the same garbage different Day. Get back in the cricket thread

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Dragons were smart they would only release him for the best deal but the thing is they're not smart. Flano is going a lot better in reserve grade yes but 3 of those 4 tries he scored the other week were simply from backing up. He didn't create them. The other was near the line from dummy half. If Hunt really wants to go back home as he says he's not going to agree to this. If that's a smokescreen and it's mostly about changing clubs then maybe. I doubt though Gus or Gould would want to even ask this question to someone whose our captain. I'm sure Flano senior wouldn't support this move either. He likely wants to sign Kyle.

Last edited: