Should the Dogs chase Coote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Brett Morris may be following the mold of Billy the kid, injured too often and it might catch up with him.

do we go after Coote to round out our backline

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Good question. He is obviously a player with class, however I'd like more intel on why he left Panthers and why he is now leaving Cowboys when in both cases he has been one of their standout players. Seems odd to me.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Absolutely.

1. Coote
2. BMoz/Phillips
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa
5. Rona

That is a great back line

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Other question is, do we have room for him under the cap?

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good question. He is obviously a player with class, however I'd like more intel on why he left Panthers and why he is now leaving Cowboys when in both cases he has been one of their standout players. Seems odd to me.
Dont think cowboys can afford to keep him, regarding the panthers he got injured and they seemed to be cleaning house around that time.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Dont think cowboys can afford to keep him, regarding the panthers he got injured and they seemed to be cleaning house around that time.
The cap is always a problem if you've just won a premiership. Why is Coote the one who has to go?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Id go after him tbh, though a fb wouldn't be my first target at this stage. Hoppa is going great there atm and will only continue to improve. Surely Hoppa holds the fb spot even if Brett manages to return this season?

Z-Dizzle

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have a ready made replacement for Coote in the lower grades. I think they want to extend him a year but no longer so they don't lose the guy. (His name has slipped my mind all of a sudden)

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
The cap is always a problem if you've just won a premiership. Why is Coote the one who has to go?
He was let go at the panthers because he was on to much money and always injured, so gus told him he isn't wanted.
Cowboys letting him go to ease cap pressure. Reason they choose to let him go is because they have massive raps on a junior fullback who they believe is going to be the next big thing.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow, its incredible how Coote has turned his career around . Was always talked up as youngster but injuries and a poor roster at the panthers restricted him from reaching his potential. Thought he was destined for Super League. I wouldnt mind coote.

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
St George, Manly and Panthers already spoken to him. St George want to play him with Widdop in the halves and word is he's interested in going there. Should we be going for him - imo definetely.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because they have a young up and coming kid poingia or something coming through that would be cheaper for the time being

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
wow, its incredible how Coote has turned his career around . Was always talked up as youngster but injuries and a poor roster at the panthers restricted him from reaching his potential. Thought he was destined for Super League. I wouldnt mind coote.
Kinda like Austin for the raiders.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Id go after him tbh, though a fb wouldn't be my first target at this stage. Hoppa is going great there atm and will only continue to improve. Surely Hoppa holds the fb spot even if Brett manages to return this season?
He will probably stay there unless he gets injured, I dont think Des will change a side thats been together for 16 rounds but I could be wrong.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So you want to swap BMoz who has had a few injuries, with Coote who can barely last half a season before copping a season ending injury?

I think last year was the first season he managed to finish in his career.

I'd much much much much much much much much much much prefer we made enquiries with Gideon Gela Mosby instead as backup.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Mentioned in another thread about Coote.
But yeah I'm all for a half first, so id take Brooks or Cronk before anyone else.
As Marley said Hoppa is going great, but Coote is a more accomplished ball player and short kicker. Didnt he use to kick goals as well ?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He will probably stay there unless he gets injured, I dont think Des will change a side thats been together for 16 rounds but I could be wrong.
Well Hoppa is just a better all round fb than Morris imo. Looks like a simple choice to me.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Thread is pointless. Dragons have signed him to replace Marshall in the halves alongside Widdop.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thread is pointless. Dragons have signed him to replace Marshall in the halves alongside Widdop.
So dragons are replacing there 6 that played 7 with there current 6 and then signing a fb to move to 6? Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.