Should SBW Sack Gavin Orr as his Manager?

Should SBW Sack Gaving Orr as his Manager?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

£©

Taxed By £©
Reaction score
His manager is simply doing what he's getting paid to do.
No he's not. He's trying to bump up SBWs price to make us and other clubs pay him more than his worth so he (Orr) can pocket more money for himself the phat turd!

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he's not. He's trying to bump up SBWs price to make us and other clubs pay him more than his worth so he (Orr) can pocket more money for himself the phat turd!
That is what a manager is supposed to do you ****ing idiot, get as much money as possible for his client at the club which the client would like to play

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
yep. if i was sbw id definitely go sack the guy whos gunna set me up with a deal that will support me and my family for life. ****ing knob jockeys.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whilst Orr comes across as a tool to supporters when he is negotiations with the teams star player, he is simply doing what he is employed to do, which is negotiate and get the best deal for his client.

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'd want him as my manager, wouldn't you? I mean he's only gonna get u the $$$ thats gonna allow u to retire at the age of 30...

BUT on that note he does seem like abit of a tool

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
as much as i dont like what he is doing, and going out and saying sonny is talking with other clubs when he is not, on the other hand the more sonny gets the better it is for him, and it looks better for him also, some managers are just like that, but like i said it was wrong for him to go and say false things, which sonny later has to deny

Doggee71

Waterboy
Reaction score
in my opinion gavin orr has his hands in too many pies...(managers to many players)...
...so imo he has too many vested interests...too many conflicting ideas and or ideals...
so how could he obtain the best possible deal and know what is best for one client when he has so many...
obviously people see something in him...
but myself.????all i see is a foot in a large mouth

sonnyfaifan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

thats his job, he works for his client not the clubs

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
from a bulldogs fan point of view yes gavin orr should be sacked As Soon As Possible.

but from a players point of view think of it.. Gavin is doing everything he can to weasel whatever money he can out of the canterbury club for Sonny and himself.

Thats his job and at the moment he is doing really well at it.

Sonny would be very happy and so would any other player

A

Abz

That is what a manager is supposed to do you ****ing idiot, get as much money as possible for his client at the club which the client would like to play
Did you even listen to what LC said??? Apparantly not...

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
abz you idiot.
why shouldnt sonny bill take advantage of it? if clubs are willing to pay him more than his worth, then like most people, they would go for it.
he's young and very talented, the offers to pay him large amounts to have him at certain clubs isnt going to be around forever.

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
abz you idiot.
why shouldnt sonny bill take advantage of it? if clubs are willing to pay him more than his worth, then like most people, they would go for it.
he's young and very talented, the offers to pay him large amounts to have him at certain clubs isnt going to be around forever.
not the first time abz has been called an idiot and it sure as heck won't be the last!! lol

A

Abz

abz you idiot.
Why pay a player more than what he's worth only for him to fail? By paying a player on what he's worth (and not a penny more) you are making him work for his money and make him play harder (& better) and earn more next time he comes off contract. It's something that protects both the player and the club.

BTW I would appreciate if you don't call me an idiot as I never called you such things!

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why pay a player more than what he's worth only for him to fail? By paying a player on what he's worth (and not a penny more) you are making him work for his money and make him play harder (& better) and earn more next time he comes off contract. It's something that protects both the player and the club.

BTW I would appreciate if you don't call me an idiot as I never called you such things!
and you know he's going to fail.... howww??? 'Madam Abz' kennel's own fortune teller.

seriously, your delusional. if you were in Sonny's shoes you'd be like "oh i simply could not take all that money!"

yes i believe that some sporting stars do get overpaid but that's the world we live in.. are we going to complain about models earning millions for posing in front of a camera? i think not. Sporting stars put their bodies on the line as well..

Sonny bill is a marketing dream.. he has the looks to match the talent and despite his injuries, he has shown and proven to have alot of potential, hence why his worth is pretty high and why clubs are willing to PAY MORE, yes more than you think his worth, to secure his signature.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

I dont understand that bit. How will him being payed less make him a better player?
If your boss told you you wont be getting a payrise, would you stay there and work harder, or would you jump ship to the company 20 minutes away who are offering you 50 grand more?

A

Abz

I dont understand that bit. How will him being payed less make him a better player?
If your boss told you you wont be getting a payrise, would you stay there and work harder, or would you jump ship to the company 20 minutes away who are offering you 50 grand more?
You work hard, you get a pay rise. Simple!

A

Abz

and you know he's going to fail.... howww??? 'Madam Abz' kennel's own fortune teller.

seriously, your delusional. if you were in Sonny's shoes you'd be like "oh i simply could not take all that money!"

yes i believe that some sporting stars do get overpaid but that's the world we live in.. are we going to complain about models earning millions for posing in front of a camera? i think not. Sporting stars put their bodies on the line as well..

Sonny bill is a marketing dream.. he has the looks to match the talent and despite his injuries, he has shown and proven to have alot of potential, hence why his worth is pretty high and why clubs are willing to PAY MORE, yes more than you think his worth, to secure his signature.
Listen, i'm not saying he IS going to fail, I'm saying why pay him more than he's worth?

Eg - would you pay Corey Hughes $400k to stay at belmore or $200k? you wouldn't pay him $400 k, of course not you'd pay him what he's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.