Opinion Should Hoppa be dropped?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Chn to the centres gives us so much more strike. Hoppa gives us nothing in attack. Thought?

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
I'd rather keep CHN in the backrow and Hoppa is still better then any other centre we have.
But aren't you tired of seeing us go to the right and come up with nothing. Yesterday was a great example of how boring we are with Hoppa in that position. Chn breaks tackles and has an effective offload we've gotta try something..

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly, he doesn’t offer a lot, but has experience..!! Just give Harper a run, time to experiment now season dead.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
But aren't you tired of seeing us go to the right and come up with nothing. Yesterday was a great example of how boring we are with Hoppa in that position. Chn breaks tackles and has an effective offload we've gotta try something..
I don't think its fair to use yesterday as a example because Pay employed the most boring and safe game plan I have ever seen.

I'd rather punt Montoya over Hoppa

Last edited:

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Possibly, he doesn’t offer a lot, but has experience..!! Just give Harper a run, time to experiment now season dead.
I dont know with hopa. He just dies with the ball everytime he gets it now. What happen to this guy off loading. Come to think off it who is off loading . Noone

TABOO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree with what you're saying but this was more a case of sending the ball down the right hand side all day when they should have been going left.
Its poor game plan more than anything.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa has been toothless most of the year.. but we simply have nothing in the cupboard ... and i doubt they will drop a player thats probably on big money..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Hopoate isn't the problem.

You either play him at FB or on the wing but Dud Pay & Anderson have no clue.

Let me remind you of how our dud rebuild is going...

If we kept Des our spine would've been better:

1. Hopoate
6. Mbye
7. Foran
9. NOT Lichaa (he was on his way out)

We would of retained Klemmer, Woods & the Morris twins.

This rebuild is a total farce.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The centre must be good defensively and also in attack. Hopoate is good at neither.
Opposing teams target him all game and get results. Harper is not FG ready as yet, so CHN is the best option.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
since we mixed up our centres (holland dropped) hopoate has been disappointing. plays to safe and just dies with the ball when something is on.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bully :grinning: had to change It since no payer is offering a lot right now. Will change again next year lol.
Yeah i have to say napa is not what i expected hopefully he will get some form soon