Votes: 19 14.5%
  • No

Votes: 112 85.5%

• Total voters

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he should be given hi 5’s all round. Teacher and a student on a business trip. The guy must teach us! He should be next immortal
I'm just jealous, I'll admit it :tearsofjoy:

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bulldogs fan here: he should be given hi 5’s all round. Teacher and a student on a business trip. The guy must teach us! He should be next immortal
Why did you stop starting every post with your name Nasheed? It's a shame. Really.

It just warns us quicker that what follows your name is complete garbage and a waste of time to read ... "Bulldogs fan" gives us .... well ... me anyone, a false sense that you may have something meaningful to say. But alas, once again it's verbal dioherrea. Oh well ...

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not going to going assume who is in the wrong or ramifications either
But there is a lot at stake for both players no doubt including contracts and their future in general
Not to mention the mental fatigue of having this massive saga hanging over their head.
I am sure the boys would already be in contact and having high level talks with players association,player agent and a legal team to make sure they are not thrown under the bus
They will fight tooth & nail to not get fired or get treated unfairly

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should they be sacked? No

Should they be fined? Yes

Think the fact that sponsors pulled out just made it worse. End of the day they broke the rules but they didn't do anything criminal.

TOTTO

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should they be sacked? No

Should they be fined? Yes

Think the fact that sponsors pulled out just made it worse. End of the day they broke the rules but they didn't do anything criminal.
Personally I think this will be Trial by Media.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
See this is why the NRL is so fuked. If the NRL was strong they would support the clubs. How many times over the years have we seen "better" players get away with things and lesser knownss thrown under the bus. It shouldn't matter who they are it should be determined upon their actions. If the NRL supported the clubs then this could be done but we know better. If there a marquee player or a certain club then they can do pretty much anything they want. And they do! A club should be able to sack a player without that player turning up in another team, in some instances the get a pay upgrade aswell. But we know this isn't the life of the hypocritical NRL so in short, who fukin knows? I say yes but we will pay for it in way more than 1 way that's for sure while that fukwit slimy stinky arsehole Greenturd continues to fuk the game. Both players cost us way more than they are worth just so they could get a root. Doesn't sound like clubmen to me. No player is above the club. These guys hurt the club so should be gone!

*On that note here's a new rule for the NRL. Any player who has been sacked by his club for behavioral reasons cannot be signed for another club in that same season.

Last edited:

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Haven’t seen the video but from what I’ve heard it’s not CHN. BUT even if it is what’s the issue, is it in the code of conduct also? They are adults can they shag (consensual) anywhere at all or are they not to have sex at all while employed in the NRL.?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Haven’t seen the video but from what I’ve heard it’s not CHN. BUT even if it is what’s the issue, is it in the code of conduct also? They are adults can they shag (consensual) anywhere at all or are they not to have sex at all while employed in the NRL.?
Yeah they can have sex whilst employed mate of course. That would be 'restraint of shag' :-).
If it was CHN in the video (no evidence and apparently he's been cleared by the integrity unit that it's not him) it would be more about whether the girl is of legal age (not consent age, but under 18) on a licensed premises and whether that also brings the club/game into disrepute even if he believed the girl was 18 and the premises let her in without checking ID etc.
There's some murky bits and that's why the process has to play out.
At the end of the day these things are best left private - the players are better to just think about the choices they make when on tour, when they're representing the club and absolutely when there's any chance anything could be filmed or shared on social media.

Overall with CHN I'm still unsure, unless there's prior indiscretions/warnings etc and he's sacked for those sorts of reasons.
Okunbor in my view is almost impossible to defend courtesy of the Working with Children legislation (but again, there may be mitigating circumstances that aren't public knowledge).
Some will agree with whatever the outcome and others won't (sounds like a typical day on TK!) - but we'll all know more in the coming days.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah they can have sex whilst employed mate of course. That would be 'restraint of shag' :-).
If it was CHN in the video (no evidence and apparently he's been cleared by the integrity unit that it's not him) it would be more about whether the girl is of legal age (not consent age, but under 18) on a licensed premises and whether that also brings the club/game into disrepute even if he believed the girl was 18 and the premises let her in without checking ID etc.
There's some murky bits and that's why the process has to play out.
At the end of the day these things are best left private - the players are better to just think about the choices they make when on tour, when they're representing the club and absolutely when there's any chance anything could be filmed or shared on social media.

Overall with CHN I'm still unsure, unless there's prior indiscretions/warnings etc and he's sacked for those sorts of reasons.
Okunbor in my view is almost impossible to defend courtesy of the Working with Children legislation (but again, there may be mitigating circumstances that aren't public knowledge).
Some will agree with whatever the outcome and others won't (sounds like a typical day on TK!) - but we'll all know more in the coming days.
How I see it too mate.

Shit situation but just not a fan of media/social media being the judge/jury and executioner

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
How I see it too mate.

Shit situation but just not a fan of media/social media being the judge/jury and executioner
True mate but always has and will be. What’s that old news room saying: ‘If it bleeds it leads’. Fear and bad news sell.

One of the reasons I don’t like social media or reality TV - so much crap shoved in our faces and it’s up to each of us to sort the wheat from the chaff.

DoggyStyla

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, but they need to be banned from signing with another NRL club for life. We sack them and next year they are both playing for another team, ala Johnathan “spa” Thurston.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Let's put everything else aside and just go with breaking code of conduct.

How can the club get through to the players that you can't break our rules, put the club in a bad light and potentially ruin your career and others.

What is the best punishment to stop this.

And you ban player x for say 5 games, then another player sneaks someone into their room...do they get a longer suspension?

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's put everything else aside and just go with breaking code of conduct.

How can the club get through to the players that you can't break our rules, put the club in a bad light and potentially ruin your career and others.

What is the best punishment to stop this.

And you ban player x for say 5 games, then another player sneaks someone into their room...do they get a longer suspension?
Yeah mate it’s not getting through at all and never will in my opinion
Just look back at recent events in general
Inglis & Burgess
Debelin on very serious charges
Players involved in public fights both here and abroad
Our mates stuffing around in the play ground
Clubs have put programs in place,we will always have those that ignore the most basic of rules

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
If Mat Lodge can terrorize a family in the way in which he did..and be given the green light to play. Then two players having consensual sex with persons over the age of consent should not be career ending.
I will never defend Lodge - absolute grub who committed an appalling act - but it happened overseas - the NRL has no jurisdiction on that.

Nor do they have jurisdiction on criminal matters in Australia (De Belin, Scott) outside of those that qualify for the stand down rule. Expect heavy sanctions for anyone found guilty by a court as those processes play out.

Now - can they de-register contracts for acts committed outside Australia? Don’t know - I’m sure they took advice on that.

In this case - non criminal matters that took place in Australia they are free to apply sanction simply via their codes of conduct and that’s what’s likely to happen in the coming days.

My point is, although it looks inconsistent on the surface, it’s not simply a matter of the NRL acting arbitrarily, but what it is and isn’t able to act on and when.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will never defend Lodge - absolute grub who committed an appalling act - but it happened overseas - the NRL has no jurisdiction on that.

Nor do they have jurisdiction on criminal matters in Australia (De Belin, Scott) outside of those that qualify for the stand down rule. Expect heavy sanctions for anyone found guilty by a court as those processes play out.

Now - can they de-register contracts for acts committed outside Australia? Don’t know - I’m sure they took advice on that.

In this case - non criminal matters that took place in Australia they are free to apply sanction simply via their codes of conduct and that’s what’s likely to happen in the coming days.

My point is, although it looks inconsistent on the surface, it’s not simply a matter of the NRL acting arbitrarily, but what it is and isn’t able to act on and when.
The NRL and clubs have invested both time and money to educate players from an early age about what is acceptable behaviour or not
In particular around females and social media in general
As a society we have really made huge progress in the work place with programs teaching responsibilities
I don’t know the legalities for all these off field incidents and understand they can be very complicated,But very disappointing when they occur
The hierarchy must be at a loss with all these constant headlines

Ribo Flavin

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The NRL and clubs have invested both time and money to educate players from an early age about what is acceptable behaviour or not
In particular around females and social media in general
As a society we have really made huge progress in the work place with programs teaching responsibilities
I don’t know the legalities for all these off field incidents and understand they can be very complicated,But very disappointing when they occur
The hierarchy must be at a loss with all these constant headlines
I hear what your saying..but what Lodge did under the influence of drugs and alcohol should have been "a line in the sand moment" regardless of where he committed the offences. Its all smoke and mirrors.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I hear what your saying..but what Lodge did under the influence of drugs and alcohol should have been "a line in the sand moment" regardless of where he committed the offences. Its all smoke and mirrors.
In theory of course, but you can’t apply the law where you don’t have jurisdiction. Hopefully since that incident they’ve found a way to de-register any player who commits a similar act regardless of where it was committed.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The NRL came in for some very heavy criticism regarding lodge,
I personally could not believe it to be honest
But Todd said he was sorry and took the right steps
It’s beyond belief,what about the family back in the states