Should Bulldogs have a Feeder Club in QLD??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think so, QLD is known for producing footy talent, and it'd benefit us greatly..

pha_t0ny

respect my authorotahhh!
Reaction score
i know ay, look at all the quick qld backs running around we could use

D

D0ggyStylz

We used to have one. Not sure why the partnership ended though. I agree that we should have one.

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are the dogs not running some partnership with one of the wellington based teams? Where they get first pick of the crop.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
We have (or had) a partnership with the Wellington Academy meaning we got first choice of their best players because we play games in Wellington...but i dont think we play there anymore.

Would be good to have an association with a QLD Cup side imo. Wynnum Manly and Burleigh have a number of our players now anyway.

Wynnum Manly:

Dallas McIlwain
Ben Czislowski
Adam Brideson
Paoa Faamita

Burleigh:

Adam Fielder
Jamie Judge

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
What we need is a couple of Queensland cup talent scouts keeping an eye on it sending vids back to Belmore for assessment.

deimus

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Melbourne sure have reaped the rewards by being associated with North's.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
the bulldogs im pretty sure already have contacts in brisbane. how would they have known bout JT and barba then

Mongrel

blue & white since 73
Reaction score
they last had assoiation with burleigh bears and logan scorpions before that.The titans have a monoply on tweed seagulls(2007 premiers) burleigh bears and the ipswich jets which are titans feeder clubs.canberra/manly melb/cowboys/broncs have the rest!No overs!

16-13

Waterboy
Reaction score
We did have one in Qld. I remember this as the dogs got the ****s with the club in Qld when they let Sam Perrett go to the Roosters without the dogs knowledge.

wogdog

Boards Don't Hit Back!
Reaction score
is it possible to set one up in england?

Mongrel

blue & white since 73
Reaction score
if i were the dogs i would be looking hard to affiliate with a strong junior based new zealand side!

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
is it possible to set one up in england?
A partnership like St Helens and Souths would be good, we could send a couple of players every year over, and they could send a couple over here (a 17/18/19yrs of age), would be something else for the club to offer to young promising players. Or maybe even the guys who are decent but have just hit 21 and the only option is to play reserve grade or something else, but are very promising and could do with a year in England or something to develop a little further, while we get some guys for our U20 team. Win/Win situation for both clubs. Would actually love to see this happen with Catalan Dragons (the french team), as that would be even more awesome.

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

we should have but only if the club directs the talent our way instead of atking only the cash.

B

bruce

No we should not

just to refresh peoples minds we have good scouts that go to qld and nz every year to pick good players and offer them contracts... does the name ben barba ring a bell to anyone? how on earth did we sign him up???? by scouts going to qld and picking him up. having a partnerships with clubs in qld is too expensive, you save money for the club when you go scouting.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
No we should not

just to refresh peoples minds we have good scouts that go to qld and nz every year to pick good players and offer them contracts... does the name ben barba ring a bell to anyone? how on earth did we sign him up???? by scouts going to qld and picking him up. having a partnerships with clubs in qld is too expensive, you save money for the club when you go scouting.
Its Okay to have deals where the only payment the feeder club gets, happens when someone is signed.

I think they would be better served by being proactive & sinking some finances (Not 2 much though) into regional NSW. Pick a Group and adopt them as our own. (Make it part of every player in thats groups registration that the Bulldogs have final right of reply before anyone could be signed by another club).

Instead of playing the one home game at the Gold Coast or Wellington. Take the game to the bush & intern bring a few of their games to town as curtain raisers for our games.

Status
Not open for further replies.