News Should be embarrassed’: Dogs torched for exposing Flanagan – then dropping him two hours later

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The club didn't allocate players, they were all available to be interviewed.
That’s the fucking point the football manager should have made him unavailable in the best interest of the club and the player . I could give a fuck that Kyle was upset at getting dropped he needed to be but putting him in front of the media is just stupidity of the highest order and opens up the club to unnecessary criticism.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
That’s the fucking point the football manager should have made him unavailable in the best interest of the club and the player . I could give a fuck that Kyle was upset at getting dropped he needed to be but putting him in front of the media is just stupidity of the highest order and opens up the club to unnecessary criticism.
Agreed bro. To make matters worse, the poor bastard doesn't even have a top lip he could bite to hold back the tears.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club didn't allocate players, they were all available to be interviewed.
And the dumb f@ckers on the show said that "They Were All Asking To Speak With Kyle", They were all happy to poke the bear & get a story out of it & surprise surprise - All the blame goes back on the club.

I commend young Kyle for fronting up, that took balls & he will grow from all this.

Chin Up Young Man. Go back, work hard & come back a better man & a better footballer.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Bulldogs have been criticised for throwing Kyle Flanagan to the wolves by letting him speak to the media and break down in tears on Tuesday before he was dropped when the Canterbury team was named.

Flanagan, along with the rest of the Bulldogs squad, was put up to speak to the press on Tuesday and it came just two days after he was benched by coach Trent Barrett.

The young halfback broke down in tears when he was asked a question about what his dad, Shane, had said to him.

But later that day Flanagan was axed at the expense of Brandon Wakeham.

The Bulldogs’ stance attracted criticism from The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley on NRL360 on Fox League.

“It’s shocking, the club should be embarrassed,” Crawley said.

“Kyle shouldn’t be embarrassed. They hooked him on the weekend and they made the decision to drop him.

“They’ve got the right to do that, but it’s also their job to protect him.

“I don’t care if it’s Adam Reynolds or Daly Cherry-Evans, throw any halfback you want into that side – they won’t fix the problems at the Bulldogs.

“The problems at the Bulldogs aren't Kyle Flanagan’s doing.”

Crawley added: “If I was a player, you wouldn’t go and trust tour career at that joint. We give the Tigers a hard time, the Bulldogs are a basket case.”

Crawley’s Telegraph colleague Paul Kent said the Bulldogs needed to ask themselves why they allowed Flanagan to be exposed to a media scrum and then dropped him.

With the squad available today the requests were put in and everybody ‘said can I get Kyle?’ At that point they said you know what, we may as well put him up,” Kent explained.

“But they should’ve told someone there, at the very least sit down and have a talk to him and get his frame of mind, and an understanding of where he’s at and if he’s able to handle it.

“He might’ve got up today and been able to handle it and just put his version out and everyone walks away going, well done, well handled.

“But he clearly is not at that stage and someone at the club – and for all the bulls**t you get about welfare at clubs – to drop the ball on this kid like they have today, it’s tough on him and embarrassing for the club.

“Someone at the club needs to sit there and answer a few questions.”
Mate when are people on here going to realise,we are never going to get anything positive from news Ltd,we only have to look the wrong way,and it’s bad press,what they don’t tell u is that news Ltd asked the bulldogs, if they could speak to Flanagan,that was never mentioned,and as for Flanagan he should’ve taken it on the chin and moved on,.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Well if we shouldn’t front players before the media we’ll just impose a club media ban on the players for a few weeks in the interests of player welfare after all....

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You do realize the last 10 years of shit is directly related to this baldy headed fuck.
You off your head?

Last 10 years of shit is because of Dib, Coorey's, Andersons and now these fuckers

Andrew Hill was the only recent good operator and they managed to push him out

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Amateur hour from the Bulldogs once again
Y is that,the press wanted it they got it,I guess after today’s weak as piss interview,they can now see y we are running stone motherless last,there are people out there doing it tougher in real life,than Flanagan,he showed no fight,just like the way he’s been playing,I have no fuckin sympathy for him,cop it on the chin,take a negative and turn it into a positive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Should've said he had diarrhoea and couldn't be interviewed. Problem solved.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
These Fox panel bitches are worse than my wife. Complain and talk about everything you do wrong...

Last edited:

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The gossip hound journos were the ones who kept pressing him to answer their non-stop "cruel" questions, yet its the Bulldogs at fault?

Coach Barrett only dropped him. Roosters Coach Robinson dropped him twice? and dumped him and then paid us an incentive to take him.

Geez this club gets victimised.
And you know what. If he wasn’t made available to the press what is stopping the media saying we are shielding him and not making an effort, and that it’s poor form from us.

Sometimes you can’t win and they will twist the story as they please.

Different story if zap did the interview. Were they not The same journos that were there interviewing him? Yet bad club the dogs for making players available. I’d be happy for the club to ban the media from training. And stop answering telegraph media like malcom Noad did back in 04-05 :p

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
is it a story if Flanagan does not break down mid- interview? no... is it a story if the club did not make him available to be interviewed in the week following Flanagan being hooked from the game? yes... how is the club to know he would break down mid-interview?

when it comes to the media, you can never be right... and they can never be wrong... always a "no win" situation

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right move shouldn’t have let him do media

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fucking media....

They interview him then have a fucking cry that the club let him interview him.

Man fuck this fucking dumb arse world. The smarter technology gets, the dumber fucking humans get.
On form tonight Assassin!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bro, I'm very talkative tonight lol

Plus I've sprained my ankle and the pain is making me fucking angry lol
As am I, especially when the topic flows...

Well, pop those pain killers, maybe a little 420 and relax lol.. and hope the ankle comes right soon brother.