Shortage of centres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
*huge sigh* ... why do people seem to think we can just sign up fringe or battling first grade centres?? Only those that cheat the cap have decent reserves at the moment.

So who do we have:
Josh Bergamin
Reimis Smith
Tom Carr
Mason Cerruto
Morgan Harper
Michael Morgan
Jayden Okonbour
Kerrod Holland
Jarred Anderson (though he's more a mobile second rower)

I'd imagine reserves backline will be:
1. Bergamin
2. Carr
3. Cerruto
4. Smith
5. Holland
We don't need to find superstar centres... We just need to coach in self believe and we will create them ourselves

Last edited by a moderator:

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
We don't need to find superstar centres... We just need to coach in self believe and we will create them ourselves

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Kids can only become superstars if they get a shot. It usually happens when an established FG player gets injured. That's where we fell down over the past couple of years. We kept rotating the same blokes through and ignored the promising kids. I am hopeful those days are behind us and we get to see a young gun or two get a few games during the year.
Very well said. Unfortunately, most kids will only get that chance through injuries. But when good kids get overlooked, thats almost criminal.
Remember Supercoach ignored all the good kids and played T-Rex in the halves. Frawley has been tried in FG and went OK.
But OK is not good enough for a FG spot. I will be a disgrace if Cleeland isnt given a chance. Let it be up to him to retain the spot.
Maybe a bench spot to start, and then give him 20 minutes to see what hes got playing with good players.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel if our centres get injured the club is in serious trouble,selling Lee to the titans has left us thin very thin, you need experience depth
I have been saying for ages about our lack of depth in the centres....I just can't believe we can't develop or buy some decent centres to the club....this has been such a problem for a number of years and all goes back to Hasler spending big on the Morris brothers.....its just pathetic! Its an area we need to focus on next year

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Very well said. Unfortunately, most kids will only get that chance through injuries. But when good kids get overlooked, thats almost criminal.
Remember Supercoach ignored all the good kids and played T-Rex in the halves. Frawley has been tried in FG and went OK.
But OK is not good enough for a FG spot. I will be a disgrace if Cleeland isnt given a chance. Let it be up to him to retain the spot.
Maybe a bench spot to start, and then give him 20 minutes to see what hes got playing with good players.
I'd be happy with that although I'd be just as happy to see brown in the 14 jumper.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob Dog seriously Holland I feel we should be looking for a stop gap centre before letting Lee go, where trying to get cogger for this yr when where got a million halves
100%....stuff Cogger for this year.....for heaven sake find a fukin decent centre

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Let lee go, replaced him with hoppa.
Don’t see how we’re any worse of ?

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The problem as I see it is the lack of speed in the centres. I have been saying for a long time that Mbye should be in the centres and retain Hoppa at FB.
Hoppa was really improving at FB and deserves to stay there. Problem solved.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Seem to be getting rather excited over all this. From memory, last year BMoz missed a few games and Hoppa missed about 3. That was it for the outside backs combined. So we may need a replacement for maybe 5 or 6 games over the course of the whole season. Why would we go out and spend $500k on that. Makes complete sense to develop a couple of young blokes and blood them in at wing and shuffle the existing FG players around and use the money on areas where we are weak. Centre certainly isn't one of them.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Well at least Pay seems like he will blood players or try different things. I would be extremely worried if Des was still our coach with this centre shortage.

Status
Not open for further replies.