Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,21911934-23215,00.html

Sheva 'close to' Milan return
From correspondents in Rome, Italy
June 15, 2007 CHELSEA'S misfiring striker Andriy Shevchenko could soon be on his way back to AC Milan after just one season in the English Premiership.

The 30-year-old Ukraine forward has failed to live up to his illustrious reputation since his £30 million ($70 million) transfer from the Serie A giant last year, scoring just four league goals for the Blues.

AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi confirmed that his club is trying to bring Shevchenko back to the San Siro.

"The other day when I spoke to (AC Milan vice-president) Galliani, the deal seemed 80 per cent done,'' Berlusconi was quoted as saying in Friday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

"If the situation has changed since then Galliani would have definitely told me. Sheva has a great desire to return and there would be no problems in terms of his salary. He would be paid the same as our best players.

"Then we need to reach an agreement with Chelsea over the transfer fee. I believe Sheva would be ideal to complete our attack.''

Milan, which won the Champions League last month with a 2-1 win over Liverpool in the Athens final, has been linked with a move for Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o.

However, Berlusconi said he would rather get his hands on Shevchenko than the 26-year-old Cameroon striker.

"I like Eto'o, he's young, but I prefer Sheva.'' said the former Italian prime minister.

"I am a romantic. Sheva is like a son to me and we have been through a lot together.''

Shevchenko joined AC Milan from Dynamo Kiev in 1999 and helped it win the 2002-2003 Champions League and the 2003-2004 Serie A title.

Agence France-Presse

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

That would be awesome to have Shevchenko back and with Ronaldo up front!

Fict|on.x

akimbo^assassin
Reaction score
lol, Drogba hinted at leaving too
hopefully this doesnt mean they throw more money at Tevez

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I hope it happens 7 Shevchenko gets the Hell out of Chelsum & Moves back AC'em... It will be Better move for his falling apart Career...

Status
Not open for further replies.