Shaun Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

korrmatta1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Off contract at seasons end wouldn't mind making a play for him.. thoughts?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Off contract at seasons end wouldn't mind making a play for him.. thoughts?
Even though he is a good player, I don't think he adds what we need, we need a controlling half that can direct us around the park whilst Johnson is more off the cuff.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Johnson reminds me of Mbye.
When the team needs direction, he goes missing.
Also, he is like Mbye....shows individual brilliance that makes HIM look wow, not the team.
Watching him for the Warriors tonight, he had some brain fart moments.....even left the commentators scratching their heads and thinking WTF was that?
Going back a couple of years ago, if anyone suggested Johnson to Dogs, I would have been salivating but after watching him more closely, I don't think he would solve our problem at all. We need a half that is a leader like Cronk, Thurston or Foran....not a touch footy player saying look at my side steps...wooohooo.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even though he is a good player, I don't think he adds what we need, we need a controlling half that can direct us around the park whilst Johnson is more off the cuff.
The problem with Johnson is that he is in his comfort zone in NZ and has no one pushing him for his position. His like their God over there and no coach has the balls to do anything to him. If he came to a Sydney club you would see the best of him. Would be a great signing for Mbye who unbelievably isn't on much less. Figure that out cause my head hurts just thinking about it.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Johnson to NZ is what Thurston is to Cowboys.

He ain't leaving anytime soon.

Besides he gets injured a bit more these days.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Imagine we snared foran and johnson. Lol imagine these guys with our team. Wow

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Johnson kicks goals also. He's better than both Mbye and Reynolds so I have no problem going after him.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
They had an NRL special a few years back that talked about players like Johnson and explained why they're so inconsistent. Apparently it has to do with the New Zealand system. In Australia the players train hard to develop their skills all through the system. In NZ they have a lot of natural talent which carries them to the top grade, but without training the basics through all the levels, they're never going to be consistent. Add to this the fact that NZ rugby league doesn't have a real development system. All their development is rugby union based.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine we snared foran and johnson. Lol imagine these guys with our team. Wow
Yeh, the combo is going so well for the warriors after all. Look how high they are on the ladder. We gotta get em stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.