Shaun Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tell you guys what, for all the bagging we give our halves, Johnson isnt that much better. Not sure if any of you guys watched the game tonight against the Storm, but boy he was tripe.

In particular i am looking at him organizing the team and him taking the line on. All what he seems to do these days is just pass the ball. Exactly the same as our halves.

His kicking was also woeful. For all the accolades he gets, i tell you what, he isnt all THAT.

I think a big part of it has to do with his bad ankle break he got 2 seasons ago. I think he never fully regained his confidence and merely just passes these days.

Sure in broken play he can be dangerous, just like Mbye is dangerous in broken play. But in terms of attack from set plays, there isnt much difference between him and our halves.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If he was tripe, woeful, and just all round useless in this round, what's Mbye? Johnson's stats for the game are light years ahead of Mbye's for us.

Johnson racked up his 3rd try assist for the season tonight, Mbye hasn't got 1 yet in the opening rounds...... line by line as far as I can see Johnson is ahead by a pretty big amount.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
The conditions in the warriors storm game were terrible and Melbourne really out wrestled warriors. It was hard for him to really stamp himself. I know who I would rather have.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I tell you guys what, for all the bagging we give our halves, Johnson isnt that much better. Not sure if any of you guys watched the game tonight against the Storm, but boy he was tripe.

In particular i am looking at him organizing the team and him taking the line on. All what he seems to do these days is just pass the ball. Exactly the same as our halves.

His kicking was also woeful. For all the accolades he gets, i tell you what, he isnt all THAT.

I think a big part of it has to do with his bad ankle break he got 2 seasons ago. I think he never fully regained his confidence and merely just passes these days.

Sure in broken play he can be dangerous, just like Mbye is dangerous in broken play. But in terms of attack from set plays, there isnt much difference between him and our halves.
Agree mate

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The conditions in the warriors storm game were terrible and Melbourne really out wrestled warriors. It was hard for him to really stamp himself. I know who I would rather have.
Last weeks conditions at Belmore were worse.

SJ went missing when his team needed him and that's the general sentiment post match from the warriors fans aka all my mates lol

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson is the most inconsistent overpaid half in the game. Can win a match for you every now and then with a moment of brilliance but hardly someone you can count on to turn up every week and carry your team as he should with that type of money and responsibility. Definitely not value for money. Id take Maloney over him....even Reynolds contributes more for his team than Johnson lol. When was the last time Warriors made the 8 ?

bulldogfan1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The issue is, he would do a BRILLIANT play every now and then and that is what people remember.

All he does for 90% of the time is catch and pass.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Last weeks conditions at Belmore were worse.

SJ went missing when his team needed him and that's the general sentiment post match from the warriors fans aka all my mates lol
Yes there is no doubt SJ went missing but no comparison to when mbye go missing. The warriors forwards did not lay much of a platform. SJ has a habit lately of not turning up i agree. I would have him over mybe anyday however and SJ can goal kick.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shaun Johnson is the most inconsistent overpaid half in the game. Can win a match for you every now and then with a moment of brilliance but hardly someone you can count on to turn up every week and carry your team as he should with that type of money and responsibility. Definitely not value for money. Id take Maloney over him....even Reynolds contributes more for his team than Johnson lol. When was the last time Warriors made the 8 ?
Not sure if your question was rhetorical but 2011 lol

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yes there is no doubt SJ went missing but no comparison to when mbye go missing. The warriors forwards did not lay much of a platform. SJ has a habit lately of not turning up i agree. I would have him over mybe anyday however and SJ can goal kick.
If I had to choose Mbye or SJ .... SJ

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Johnson is like the whole warriors side, rocks or diamonds. Maybe warriors are that because Johnson is. They can keep him. The kennel would be ripping Johnson a new one every second week if he played for us.

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
Johnson is to comfortable there, like most the players. (Just look at Luke)
If he was serious about his footy, he should have left the warriors by now.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score

The conditions were atrocious. I'm not sure if you watched the game...

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'd love to see Johnson coached by someone like Bellamy. If they get the best out of him I think he could be something special.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Johnson sucks and is similar to Mbye. Just goes missing and never puts his hand up. Crumbles under pressure, they are not leaders. Moylan is the opposite of these guys.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
what a stupid thread, johnson on one leg is better than Mbye, more talent in his left nut
Thats why it makes what he dishes up worse. All that talent for what? Nothing, just a little streak here and there and still cant get in the finals. SJ is a massive DUD. Id probably still swap him out for either of our halves though haha.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
i cant agree there mate, i love johnson as a player. he has performed at international level also.
International is what 2 tests a year?

Yes he carves up during a short campaign but he goes missing during a long hard NRL season grind.

He's only been to the finals once in his rookie year (missed the last 5 years straight)

A poor return for someone with immense talent

And yes it's a team game but he's the orchestrator of his side and every year the Warriors hit a flat note

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We shouldn't base our expectations of a player that made a name in touch...

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
NZ haven't had a pure, game-controlling half since Stacey jones.
That guy was pure magic. At his best he was as good as johns.

Status
Not open for further replies.