Shaun Johnson Try! Have a look

Status
Not open for further replies.

~stacie

Michael Ennis ♥
Reaction score
Both are great tries but incomparable haha. Meads try almost looked like a fluke (I can't quite pick what it is haha) & Johnson's try was very skilful. Still, both were awesome.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch those touch highlights I posted, so sick.

On Johnson, he reminds me of Mortimer in 09, all the rage, but not so much for quality halves play. Johnson isn't being raved about for having an astute kicking game, a brilliant passing game or directing the team around well, it's all about his running game and explosiveness off the mark.

He has a very long way to go.

OITENTA-E-NOVE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Watch those touch highlights I posted, so sick.

On Johnson, he reminds me of Mortimer in 09, all the rage, but not so much for quality halves play. Johnson is being raved about for having an astute kicking game or a brilliant passing game, it's all about his running game and explosiveness off the mark.

He has a very long way to go.
Kicking game? thats maloney department, johnson sneaks in a few bombs thats about it.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kicking game? thats maloney department, johnson sneaks in a few bombs thats about it.
A top half should have a kicking game, Johnson can't rely on a system all the time. Once Maloney goes, he may have to take over more and that's when he will be properly tested.

At the moment he is just a running half playing with a dominant 6 in Maloney. Like I said, he's not being raved about for outstanding halves play, it's his running play and explosive speed.

Just think, if he hadn't scored the tries he has, would people be talking about him as the next big thing? I don't think so. Long way to go.

P

Paint.

[video=youtube;sMY0lvn52HM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMY0lvn52HM[/video]
That was originally sent to the Burleigh Bears - one of the managers was a Kiwi, tho, and told Johnson to go to NZ. If it weren't for that bloke, SJ could very well be a Titan now

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid's got great raw talent. But I don't really rate him much as a Halfback to be honest. I'd like to see how he goes in first grade without Maloney their next to him doing all the hard work.

will.i.am

Benchwarmer
Reaction score
Both tries were awesome, but Johnson's solo effort was brilliant.

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The kid's got great raw talent. But I don't really rate him much as a Halfback to be honest. I'd like to see how he goes in first grade without Maloney their next to him doing all the hard work.
Agree, that's what I mean when I say people aren't raving about him because of his halves play, it's his explosiveness and speed.

He's scored some great tries, though.

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
The roosters try on full time wasnt too bad.

But i think Meads still takes the cake.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wasn't there one really early this year where the player was completely outside the field of play at 90 degrees to goal line and still got it?

I think it was Warriors or Brisbane, but it was freakishly brilliant.

SWEET!!

http://www.nrl.com/Video/2011HitandTry/tabid/10778/Default.aspx

The NRL's top tries of the yea can be voted on.

ROUND 6 - Ben Barba - That has got to be close to try of the year.

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
At this point in time, yeah, he is. But in a few years, who knows what could happen. Personally I think Johnson will end up as one of the best No. 7s in the game... a combo of him and Marshall would be super.
I guess it'll all come down to form, with one of them maybe ending up on the bench.

There's also the fullback battle for the 4 Nations... Locke vs Hoffman.
NZ would be crazy not to select Hoffman, he should own that spot for the next 5-10 years, awesome player.

Doggies Bro

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The roosters try on full time wasnt too bad.

But i think Meads still takes the cake.
yeah david meads IMO was the one of the best so far but this guy looks like a real talent and was killing it when he was playing toyota cup.

Fully Sik Drop kick

Abra Kebabra
Reaction score
I liked David Meads try more lol.
that was unbelievable that, on the half volley how positioned himself to be at the right place at the right time... if i only scored one career try my whol career as a player, that try would be enough to talk about forever.. i'm sure though a winning try in a GF or important game would mean more ofcourse

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
jeez Johnson is fast. Another 90 metre special tonight against the Panthers

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Locke did a better try just a minute ago...I reckon. More brave, attacking the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.