Sharks sign Beale and Stanley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
St George Illawarra duo Gerard Beale and Kyle Stanley have signed with the Cronulla Sharks on three- and one-year deals respectively.

Beale, who played for the victorious New Zealand side at the recent Four Nations, is capable of playing fullback, wing and centre and is a handy acquisition for Shane Flanagan's men.

After completing his duties with the Kiwis, Beale met with Cronulla officials and coaching staff before enjoying a tour of the facilities and signing his new contract with the club.

"The Sharks are a club on the rise and I'm excited about this opportunity and to playing with them over the next three seasons," Beale said.

"Add to that I've been living in the area for a little while now, my family is happy and settled and I'm really looking forward to the next few years."

Stanley, who played in all three Tests in Samoa's Four Nations campaign, will also be looking to break into the NRL after a few lean years with injury at the Red V.

"Kyle... has versatility, can play multiple positions and he gained some valuable experience with Samoa at an international level in the Four Nations," coach Flanagan said.

"I'm sure we haven't seen the best of him yet due to a bad run with injury but that is behind him and I can see 2015 being be a big year for Kyle."
Sharks are staying busy with recruitment, they could be a big turn around team next year

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting. It's like the Sharks need to fill a hole so they are scraping up everyone's rejects.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
St Merge are freeing up more cap room - KAS to Dragons?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Well done Cronulla. Great recruitment this year.

Something's fishy with the Merge. They can't surely have been that far over the cap. Still expecting to see Dan Hunt and Dylan Farrell released before round 1 along with persistant rumours of Nightingale being shopped around.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You are asking for a thumbs down! :D
I am gonna keep poking the Bear on this one, I was proud of my only 1 thumb down, and he gave me 3 in about a minute, if you are already in the S#&T you may as well splash around

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Something's fishy with the Merge. They can't surely have been that far over the cap. Still expecting to see Dan Hunt and Dylan Farrell released before round 1 along with persistant rumours of Nightingale being shopped around.
They openly released a statement saying that they couldn't afford to keep B Moz and Merrin unless a miracle happened so I'd say their budgets are tight. Dropping B Moz and releasing Beale, Stanley and several others would have gotten Merrin his upgrade but that's still some good money left over unless they've back loaded a lot of their contracts.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Like i said before, there cap issue is being made a bigger deal in the media than what it actually is.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
They openly released a statement saying that they couldn't afford to keep B Moz and Merrin unless a miracle happened so I'd say their budgets are tight. Dropping B Moz and releasing Beale, Stanley and several others would have gotten Merrin his upgrade but that's still some good money left over unless they've back loaded a lot of their contracts.
I believe that is the problem

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I do believe everything is a sign Kas is leaving these days..... tomorrow is forecast to be hot, a sign Kas is leaving?

Solid signings for the Sharks anyway...... bad news for Parra in the race for the wooden spoon.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I am gonna keep poking the Bear on this one, I was proud of my only 1 thumb down, and he gave me 3 in about a minute, if you are already in the S#&T you may as well splash around
Haha, i think he will explode when Kas leaves.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I still think not signing Kyle Stanley is a missed opportunity for us. He's got plenty of natural talent and could've been anything by this point if injuries hadn't of slowed him down.

I still see a bright future in his career though.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I still think not signing Kyle Stanley is a missed opportunity for us. He's got plenty of natural talent and could've been anything by this point if injuries hadn't of slowed him down.

Agree completely

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Haha, i think he will explode when Kas leaves.
Also, if Kas goes, so many jokes will begin with George Rose and Sam Kassiano walk into an all you can eat restaurant. ..... oh wait, that's not a joke, that's a nightmare

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Agreed, he looks like he has a lot of potential. I guess there where better opportunities for him personally at the Sharks right now, more chances of FG games, with us, he'd be signing to play a lot of NSW Cup for the moment.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle Stanley is pretty good, but always injured. Could be worth a shot by the Sharks but I'll be surprised if he plays more than 25% of the season. Wonder if it means we will offload Chase to the sharks too?

Gerard Beale is average as... Might make a handy backup but that is about it.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also, if Kas goes, so many jokes will begin with George Rose and Sam Kassiano walk into an all you can eat restaurant. ..... oh wait, that's not a joke, that's a nightmare
Wasn't Rashays letting players eat for free there? ..... surprised that didn't get Rose to the Bulldogs.... bet they would have pulled that deal quick if he did though :roflol:

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Does anyone know the exact amount they paid for bunji? I thought he was supposed to be a steal yet it looks like they paid massive overs for him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stanley and Barba in the halves.
Beale replacing Gardner maybe?

As for Kas .... *shakes head* .. how many times do people need to read that his manager has stated Des wants him, they are working on a deal at the moment, etc etc.
Kas is a fan fav at our club, like he would come out and say Des does not want him and theh are not looking at offering him a deal. He will walk, i am sure of it and not just because of what the Mole posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.