Sharks may play for no competition pts in 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
That is one of the other punishments the commission are considering handing out the the sharkies because of the club's use of drugs in 2011.

Lets hope this happens and then it will be bye bye sharkies for good :D

Ndawai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if they win no team gets points?
I think this would fire up their boys.
Hell when we had points taken from us we sure did change who made the Top 8 that year.

col of birchmen

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So if the Sharks play for no points next season they will disband or relocate 100%?, how do you come to this conclusion? Sure its a possibility but not for sure.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way this will happen is if the club Cronulla not individual are found to have a systematic doping program Wada is one to have to lay the infraction notice and follows a two exclusion penalty from all competitions .

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Can't see it happening, they either have to punish individuals or nothing. There are ex sharks players at other clubs, they can't get off Scott free

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Commission are there to oversee the NRL operations, to check for corruption etc, not to actually run the NRL as they are not the bloody NRL, John Grant does not represent the NRL in any way.
I wish these show offs would fvck off where they came from.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Matthew Wright re-signed with the Sharks yet? Would be a handy back-up to our FG squad.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Commission are there to oversee the NRL operations, to check for corruption etc, not to actually run the NRL as they are not the bloody NRL, John Grant does not represent the NRL in any way.
I wish these show offs would fvck off where they came from.
So true , this new commission are terrible changing rules to show who's boss ,this is from people who know nothing about the game ,the game was so boring to watch last year ,they are taking away the best part of the game ,the physicality

rogueflare

popeye
Reaction score
Why are the future sharks getting punished for what the past sharks did?? I do not think that this punishment is just, to be honest. They have the names of the people responsible, punish them, not the fans.

N

Natboy

This is all just media speculation anyway.
I wonder if even David Smith knows exactly what ASADA have planned. I doubt it

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The NRL punishment was nothing but pulling wool over ones eyes.

The idea is the NRL punish club and coach with a "claytons" punishment, in hope that WADA/ASADA when they hand down findings and punishments, will go lightly on club and coach.

E.G "Hey Mr ASADA/WADA, don't punish them too hard because we've already suspended the coach for 12 months, and fined the club $1 million."

Rather than ASADA/WADA coming in and saying "right you broke the rules, the coach is suspended for life, and club suspended for 5 years from any and all comps".

That's how I see this as being orchestrated, and of course the NRL can soften / lessen their punishment, whereas ASADA/WADA rarely do once it is handed down.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The NRL punishment was nothing but pulling wool over ones eyes.

The idea is the NRL punish club and coach with a "claytons" punishment, in hope that WADA/ASADA when they hand down findings and punishments, will go lightly on club and coach.

E.G "Hey Mr ASADA/WADA, don't punish them too hard because we've already suspended the coach for 12 months, and fined the club $1 million."

Rather than ASADA/WADA coming in and saying "right you broke the rules, the coach is suspended for life, and club suspended for 5 years from any and all comps".

That's how I see this as being orchestrated, and of course the NRL can soften / lessen their punishment, whereas ASADA/WADA rarely do once it is handed down.
So youre saying that the nrl actually saved sharks arse from harsher punishment from asada and wada?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So youre saying that the nrl actually saved sharks arse from harsher punishment from asada and wada?
I'm thinking that might be the plan.

Jump in and punish them before ASADA/WADA get in first with whatever they might hand down. It'd potentially soften the blow for whatever punishment WADA/ASADA decide, and would certain explain the timing.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't agree with that as a punishment, it just painfull for all fans of league I hated it when it happened to us and storm, it makes the entire season feel like a non event. Just fine the club or if bad enough de register players or other things but a big no to disrupting an entire season with playing for not points.

Status
Not open for further replies.