Shame on this team!

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the teams fault tbh.. they are who they are and they just aren't cut out for first grade yet.

This one is on coaches. This was deliberate or utterly stupid.
The constant selection of Perham and Okunbor being selected is strange. Perham is not even close to up for the role of FB, Okunbor is depth benchy or cup. Rajab needs to learn how to defend before being in first grade. Alamoti needed a spell in cup weeks ago and king should have been dropped or rested because of injury-whatever is going on with him because he is fkn useless. Not sure what the coach is thinking

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The whole culture at the club is soft we are a shadow of what we used to be and stood up for... feels like it will never change atm, dunno how we have gone to such a poor club, good players come and become duds, we hear the same shit every pre season about everything and get pumped.

We used to have great records against most NRL clubs and we have been the whipping boys, soft whipping boys ill add for 7 years and counting... we just suck in every way and in every department. Sighing another rookie coach after Barrett... come on... only us...

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He got asked in the press about changing players and he was adamant he has been making changes lol. Who? You changed the 6 several times! Who else… the same flops like Perham, Alamoti and okunbour keep getting named. If gus is serious he makes ciraldo drop all 3 and doesn’t resign Alamoti and okunbor.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Alamoti’s defence has been suss all year and he’s never been dropped?
Defence was always going to be a struggle. His lack of impact in attack is more of a concern. No tackle busts, no post contact metres or second phase play. He would be getting offered minimum wage deals on potential. I think he stays because there will be no real offers for him

James zac

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Year 1 of a rebuild heard it all before we need a hard arse coach when’s Payton off contract

Bulldog Brower

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The constant selection of Perham and Okunbor being selected is strange. Perham is not even close to up for the role of FB, Okunbor is depth benchy or cup. Rajab needs to learn how to defend before being in first grade. Alamoti needed a spell in cup weeks ago and king should have been dropped or rested because of injury-whatever is going on with him because he is fkn useless. Not sure what the coach is thinking
This might be a simplistic question but how does a player get to NSW Cup, let alone first grade, and not know how to defend? Isn't defence one of the basic skills of a rugby league player? I can understand that in juniors they might be bigger, stronger, faster, whatever, and look like they are good because of this, but surely a coach has identified their defensive issues before they get to NSW Cup or first grade and tried to rectify them.
If Rajab (as well as Alamotti, Okunbor and Perham) can't defend now, why are they in first grade? Actually they shouldn't be in NSW Cup either

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Because having competent FG players ruins the development of our guys who are not ready for FG. Gus theory
Im with ya
But something has happened there.
The bloke looks a different player and has started for Parra since he left here besides being injured

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Now it’s plain as day coach has lost this mob ,my concern is the 1-17 weren’t interested ,are we gonna be copping beatings for remainder of season and not win again which looks likely and just suddenly expect 2024 the players will find their heart a give a stuff?
My concern more than anything we let a team at the bottom do that do us and the score flattered us,no shit nights could of put 80 plus that’s how bad we were.
Coach has said in previous pressers that if his current team can’t do the job he’s asked them and play to the systems he’s put in place he will go find players who can. That doesn’t send a good message. Then he tells averillo and alamoti they’re free to look for another club meanwhile he keeps selecting perham at number one and I could keep going but I’m just going to give up on this post.

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Im with ya
But something has happened there.
The bloke looks a different player and has started for Parra since he left here besides being injured
He was a solid player at manly. Came here got injured and I reckon a big name was within reach and Gus has off loaded in the hopes of getting a big name Which hasn’t eventuated

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I just want to know what changed recently and why. For the first part of the season we showed promise, got wins and looked like we were building nicely. Then in the last couple of rounds its like they dont want to play any more.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just want to know what changed recently and why. For the first part of the season we showed promise, got wins and looked like we were building nicely. Then in the last couple of rounds its like they dont want to play any more.
Good question. One would think many players have been tapped on the shoulder for seasons end and for the sake of their futures have secured deals elsewhere discreetly. If not, then their current rubbish displays are terrible for their managers to sell.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This might be a simplistic question but how does a player get to NSW Cup, let alone first grade, and not know how to defend? Isn't defence one of the basic skills of a rugby league player? I can understand that in juniors they might be bigger, stronger, faster, whatever, and look like they are good because of this, but surely a coach has identified their defensive issues before they get to NSW Cup or first grade and tried to rectify them.
If Rajab (as well as Alamotti, Okunbor and Perham) can't defend now, why are they in first grade? Actually they shouldn't be in NSW Cup either
not sure bro - but i know that there is a big difference in KO and Rajab in defence. Deficiencies can be hidden in the lower grades and juniors cause they are generally looser and more attack focussed. in saying that bro, you cant defend like Rajab and be in first grade.