SGBall Players of the future !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaddy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
number 4 in the second trial was jamal... strong player.. all 4 centres. maybe besides alvin matavao can play second row/ prop... and hve speed and agiilty to play centre wing
Got to agree , i think this SG Ball side will go crazy this year.

Fanoftheyears

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Just back from the S G Ball trials, and let me tell you we will kill it with these kids, they simply dominated, the players to watch are as follows:

Paki Afu - demolition man, he looked like he wasn't even trying and the Penrith side could not handle him.

Neenan Simpson - this kid is electric, he is a version of Preston Campbell but bigger with better speed and skill.

Alvin Matevaeo ?? What a giant, just destroyed them in the centres, this guy will be a star.

Also 1 other Giant Centre who is a young mould of Lote Tequiri , this guy scored 4 tries and ran like a bull, he will definitely be an unstoppable star.

There were also 2 backrowers from the first trial, which showed great potential.

My only fear is our retention policy, will we let these guys slip through the cracks??
He has hair like Andrew Symonds? His names Jamaal, he came to the Bulldogs from Newcastle, goes to LaSalle Bankstown, so does Neenan.

Siggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I thought we had $1m to spend? Doesn't that give us a big chance of retaining all this talent? I suspect its one of the reasons the club didn't go over the top for O'Meley or get too worked up about Mason. They knew all the real talent was coming through and it woudl be good to have plenty of room under teh salary cap for them. We're in a better position than any club to sign these guys - especially as they're already playing for us!!

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
few months ago neenan came up to me and we were discussing about footy stuff n he asked should i stay at the dogs or go to souths, souths offered him a slightly better contract... well i told him u better off staying wid the dogs u would just get better wid them, just dontt think bout money n focus on ur footy.... ive watched neenan play for LA SALLE mate he will just get better i also was the manager for their A grade side so whenever he had a prob he would of come to me n discussed it.

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
number 4 in the second trial was jamal... strong player.. all 4 centres. maybe besides alvin matavao can play second row/ prop... and hve speed and agiilty to play centre wing
lol so jamal end up goin to the dogs if im not wrong is that the one who looks like lote tuqiri n his tall??

last time he was saying he might go to Brisbane he wasnt sure back then. he also goes to LA SALLE wid neenan(as Fanoftheyears said). his good at shot put high jumps u name it.

Kingi

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paki Afu is a rising talent...he had big wraps coming from NZ. A very agile player who has the skills of asotasi and hits harder. He is a big boy at the age of 19 this year.

He will no doubt be kept.

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Just back from the S G Ball trials, and let me tell you we will kill it with these kids, they simply dominated, the players to watch are as follows:

Paki Afu - demolition man, he looked like he wasn't even trying and the Penrith side could not handle him.

Neenan Simpson - this kid is electric, he is a version of Preston Campbell but bigger with better speed and skill.

Alvin Matevaeo ?? What a giant, just destroyed them in the centres, this guy will be a star.

Also 1 other Giant Centre who is a young mould of Lote Tequiri , this guy scored 4 tries and ran like a bull, he will definitely be an unstoppable star.

There were also 2 backrowers from the first trial, which showed great potential.

My only fear is our retention policy, will we let these guys slip through the cracks??

Sounds very promising... yep but as you said, unfortunately, if we get some stars in FG again, some of these guys will slip through the cracks... we can only hope they get to play in the Toyota Cup and their talent is realised and the club then works hard to keep them... ;)

If they are as good as you are saying they are, it's bright times ahead once more for the blue and white brigade, as always, we create the stars, we don't buy them.... :p

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Paki Afu does remind me of Mason...especially that haircut and his size..

Looks like we won't be needing Folau after all...we have 2 big strong centres coming up who could quite possibly play wing as well..

If they keep performing, risking them like Storm risked Folau wouldn't be such a bad idea

H

Haztrick

That's true about Folau, Deception, but you have to ask yourself a couple of things..

1) If Folkes stays on after 2008, will he throw guys like Mataveo into the FG side?
2) Will players like Mataveo be ready for FG in 2009 or possibly 2008 if needed?

Deception_2112

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's true about Folau, Deception, but you have to ask yourself a couple of things..

1) If Folkes stays on after 2008, will he throw guys like Mataveo into the FG side?
2) Will players like Mataveo be ready for FG in 2009 or possibly 2008 if needed?
Its a risk aye

It'd probably be better if we did risk it for once, and not play conservative.

Its the concept you play it a safe and chances are you wont get anywhere

or you throw caution to the wind and hope that the risk pays off.

It regards to Folkes, i guess he wouldn't, which is why if we signed Folau i would still be delighted, but looking at our juniors, i am quite content doing things the Bulldog way =)

~doggie~diva~

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
neenan's older brother, yerin.. wasn't he also playing for the dogs lower grades at one stage? they used to go to bass so i've seen them play a lil bit and i remember seeing yerin running for the dogs in the sg ball relay i think?
lol i cant remember.. there are a few simpson boys- neenan, yerin and ty?

dog mad

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes Yerin use to play for dogs...

And that pic of Afu, he is a big boy isn't he

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
does this jamal guy have a last name?