Sexton

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Should listen to me. His fitness is quite bad for fullback though, gassed about 60m into the game and his knee still seems to be an issue. Not giving him a full preseason and season training @ fullback looks like a mistake, especially when you consider who was playing ahead of him. Crichton better turn it on next year although I fully expect him to be back at centre by seasons end lol.
We all knew he should have started at FB in the pre season rather Ciraldo saw something he didnt like... I was watching his communication tonight and he was directing the defense line pretty well. Didnt notice him fade out of the game but ill take your word for it..

Who knows, hoping CC's mind, body and soul has awoken and starts making better decisions,.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sexton had two training sessions and one game to show he’s better than Flanno 3 year halfback stint [emoji23]
His club debut was not as impressive as Flano’s. The more they train here, the worse they get.

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We all knew he should have started at FB in the pre season rather Ciraldo saw something he didnt like... I was watching his communication tonight and he was directing the defense line pretty well. Didnt notice him fade out of the game but ill take your word for it..

Who knows, hoping CC's mind, body and soul has awoken and starts making better decisions,.
8-)

Pottz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No one is denying that we're far off the pace but we're celebrating that the boys actually put in an effort to win after last week's shocker. I don't think anyone was expecting a clinical display from a team that got flogged by 60 points. We just wanted to see a response.
Perfect post.

You could see early, even before the game in the dressing room footage, that we were fired up and wanting to atone for last week. I think most of us would have been fine (sort of) with losing that game as long as we were still in it at the end. It reminded me of the first quarter of the season when we were only losing by a bit when we lost and were winning more than we expected to.

As much as Souths have excuses in terms of players out, I actually thought the scoreline flattered them. Taaffe (my autocorrect just refuses to accept that’s how to spell his name) basically turned it on and blitzed our tired defence in the last 15 minutes.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Great debut. It's amazing what having a halfback that plays deep into the line, has vision and runs with the ball in two hands does. Plus Averillo's pace opened things up too. It's no coincidence these two things led to Burton being freed up and having one of his best games for us.
He straightened up the attack too

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And ran the ball deep into the line.. we’ve missed that all year
He isnt afraid of contact for sure. We need to look after him against Broncs. They'll be looking for him.

Raff

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was so impressed with him. I liked that he was very active in organising the team, constantly involved in most plays whether it be in attack or defence, asks for the ball, didn't overplay, followed up line breaks and offloads.