• The Rodzilla family members

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i saw the new violence against women ad recently and its interesting, it shows the boy being an asshole to the girl and everybody simply accepting it, it goes on to recommend that we should stop that behavior before it starts

so i saw my 10 year old nephew exhibit that same behaviour this week (he had the evil look and everything ffs) and remembering the advertisement message i wanted to put him in a powerbomb through a table and teach him a lesson but the rest of my family stopped me even after i explained the commercial and what would happen if the behaviour was allowed to manifest

this is BS, on one hand you have the government sending a warning out to enforce discipline and then the other hand you cant even produce the discipline without everybody thinking you are crazy tbh

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Sadly, learnt behaviours are often seen as acceptable imo, and you do not really realise the impact of it when looking at it from the inside.

A perfect example people of my fathers generation can be "Casually Racist", and please allow me to explain. My dad is in no way racist or homophobic, he is a very warm and accepting human being, but he did from time to time during my upbringing make VERY racist remarks in casual conversation, and I grew up thinking this is acceptable. Now, I sometimes find myself ALMOST making the same remarks, I don't but again, growing up, no one saw these comments as inappropriate from inside the circle.

The whole purpose of the ads is to get people to think about their actions so they can be aware of the impact on others, clearly that message has been lost within your family (at least for some).

Well done for speaking up by the way

Status
Not open for further replies.