Self defence? What can you do?

How do you interpret self defence?

• 1. If someone attacks you, best to try run away

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • 2. If someone attacks you, you can only react in a manner to get yourself out of the situation

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • 3. If someone attacks you, you can trade punch for punch ?

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 4. If someone attacks you, it’s a hall pass to not only defend yourself, but teach them a lesson

Votes: 15 42.9%

• Total voters

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What about legalising tasers as an alternate to guns?
Like when we were kids and there was always that one kid who had a taser and would zap randoms for a lol

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
What about legalising tasers as an alternate to guns?
Like when we were kids and there was always that one kid who had a taser and would zap randoms for a lol
What kind of kids did you hang out with? Were these tasers specifically occupied by the hoodlums of Breakfast Point?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
confused at this
Yes I mistook you for another member who used to post here and would always be jealous and on my case because I had a Brazilian girlfriend.

Big deal! Brazilian women are just like any other women, except they have an amazing ass which you have to slap on a particular angle to make it jiggle!

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes I mistook you for another member who used to post here and would always be jealous and on my case because I had a Brazilian girlfriend.

Big deal! Brazilian women are just like any other women, except they have an amazing ass which you have to slap on a particular angle to make it jiggle!
Actually we have spoken about the Brazil B a few years ago.
But wasn’t jealous of anything. You just had some things to work through. Normal stuff.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Actually we have spoken about the Brazil B a few years ago.
But wasn’t jealous of anything. You just had some things to work through. Normal stuff.
The Brazilian bunda. It never lets you down.
Always a good shape and size!

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to the sports store and buy a speargun .

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When someone comes at you, no fault of your own, is it best to turn the other cheek and let them have another crack at you until you pass out? Or can you defend yourself enough to get yourself out of the situation? Can you trade blow for blow with them until they retreat? Or someone gets the better of the exchange? Or if it’s self defence do you get a hall pass to basically teach them a lesson, make them pay.

if someone broke into your house? They have a weapon and you dont know who they are or what their intention? Are you allowed to choke them out and dismember them? Or do you have to live in fear, scream so hopefully they run away? Maybe help them carry out your equipment they intend to steal?
The legal test for self defence is both subjective and objective being that you feared for your life and well being and that a reasonable person in your situation would have believed the same and your actions in response were reasonable... in practice, try to avoid the fight... If you can't, do what you have to do to protect yourself... Consult with a good lawyer before cooperating with the Police

Last edited:

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The legal test for self defence is both subjective and objective being that you feared for your life and well being and that a reasonable person in your situation would have believed the same and your actions in response were reasonable... in practice, try to avoid the fight... If you can't, do what you have to do to protect yourself... Consult with a good lawyer before cooperating with the Police
if someone throws a punch at you, you can trade with one back, an equal reply but if you get the better of the exchange you’re considered the attacker??.

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I had an issue that I was charged with a serious assault charge for defending myself. Even the police facts sheet acknowledged that I acted in self defence..I even called 000 before I was attacked.. I was completely in the right….BUT it was considered that my self defence was excessive and caused undue injury to my attacker Wtf!!! They say if someone throws a punch at you, you can trade with one back, an equal reply but if you get the better of the exchange you’re considered the attacker??.

you can’t even defend yourself, it’s impossible in hindsight to judge what was excessive, in the situation you You don’t know who your attacker is or their capability, what is their intention. You need to end their attack as soon as possible with as few strikes as possible. You don’t have the time to assess if they are a good bloke or not.

But then police come after me. Cost me Mega $$$$
it’s horrible for me if I attack someone and cause GBH.
A friend of mine caused GBH to someone when he was 16.
He’s a big intimidating guy, when he finally went to court over it at 18 years old, the judge gave him the maximum penalty and charged him as an adult for the crime.

that’s really one thing that sucks about being big and naturally strong.
It’s taken deeply into consideration with giving you a greater charge.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had an issue that I was charged with a serious assault charge for defending myself. Even the police facts sheet acknowledged that I acted in self defence..I even called 000 before I was attacked.. I was completely in the right….BUT it was considered that my self defence was excessive and caused undue injury to my attacker Wtf!!! They say if someone throws a punch at you, you can trade with one back, an equal reply but if you get the better of the exchange you’re considered the attacker??.

you can’t even defend yourself, it’s impossible in hindsight to judge what was excessive, in the situation you You don’t know who your attacker is or their capability, what is their intention. You need to end their attack as soon as possible with as few strikes as possible. You don’t have the time to assess if they are a good bloke or not.

Not my field but reasonableness cannot be judged on a 'one punch copped, one punch thrown' basis... It would have to be as long as the assailant poses a threat and what that means can differ between different magistrates and judges and juries

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not my field but reasonableness cannot be judged on a 'one punch copped, one punch thrown' basis... It would have to be as long as the assailant poses a threat and what that means can differ between different magistrates and judges and juries
a punch for a punch is acceptable but no more ..

It’s impossible for a magistrate or judge to determine what was reasonable. If you are in the situation, you just dont know what your attacker is planning, who they are, their capability. So to retrospectively try and judge what is a reasonable response is impossible in my view. You won’t know if the attacker is armed, don’t know if this is a criminal or a priest , dont know if they are on drugs ..there are so so so many what ifs.. you can’t later say oh this guy is a nice guy, he was t going to kill you..

Last edited:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score

Calling the cops was your biggest mistake to be honest

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a friend of mine in similar situation , he try’s to talk to police thinking he can resolve the situation. Police ignore 95% of his story, all they take from it was you were there and you threw a punch and charged him. Ignored his whole version about what actually happened

Last edited:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah I called them before anything happened so they could come take care of this mug. But before they arrived the bloke takes a swing at me.

I had left the scene before they arrived. So the other bloke tells a bullshit story and they come after me.

You never tal

Yep.. I didn’t talk to police but I called them before anything happened.

a friend of mine in similar situation , he try’s to talk to police thinking he can resolve the situation. Police ignore 95% of his story, all they take from it was you were there and you threw a punch and charged him. Ignored his whole version about what actually happened

never talk to them even if you are in the right
The part I put in bold. Is the part where you fucked up.
After fucking the guy up in self defence you left the scene?
If you had no intention to try and cause serious harm you should of stuck around until police arrived?