Security Cameras

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I am thinking of getting these.

or

Unfraternally I have something similar. ( They were about $900+ several years ago) And they are a piece of shit.

Any experts rate the eufy cameras. If not, what are you recommendations. I prefer not paying a subscription.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Anything that use a battery and or solar panel will shit itself sooner or later, hardwired is the way to go if you can and it also adds stability vs a wifi/BT connection which isn't full proof.

I do like the fact thats its easier to install but I will never rely on solar panel to charge and battery to hold power especially if its for secuity.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Eufy are decent. Hard-wired is always preferable, but if wifi is the only option then Eufy and Waze are both decent.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Eufy are decent. Hard-wired is always preferable, but if wifi is the only option then Eufy and Waze are both decent.
Thanks.

Looks like it will be Eufy, don't like the look of the wyze cameras. lol

Edit: Wyze don't have the best reviews.

Last edited:

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks.

Looks like it will be Eufy, don't like the look of the wyze cameras. lol

Edit: Wyze don't have the best reviews.
Yeah, Wyze are super cheap and work well as basic wireless cameras. But they have issues. I have used them for years and they'll often stop reporting person detection randomly requiring a full reset to fix.

Reactions: Kaz

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Lots of socials saying the perps turn your power off, or water, and then if it is still turned off when they come back next night, they know you aren't home.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah, Wyze are super cheap and work well as basic wireless cameras. But they have issues. I have used them for years and they'll often stop reporting person detection randomly requiring a full reset to fix.
Swann is the same. Took the dog for a walk, it didn't detect me leaving, but did me arriving back.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Lots of socials saying the perps turn your power off, or water, and then if it is still turned off when they come back next night, they know you aren't home.
Yep. There's a few tricks like that. The gnome one is one of the more interesting ones. They put a gnome in your front yard and if it's still there in a week, they know that you're on holiday.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. There's a few tricks like that. The gnome one is one of the more interesting ones. They put a gnome in your front yard and if it's still there in a week, they know that you're on holiday.
Or they can just be your fucking neighbours. Had my place burgled a few years back. Only thing of value they didn't get was my huge tv. Requires 2 to carry. Next fucking day one of the little turds from next door was wanting to see how big the tv was. Cops didn't do a fucking thing.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Wouldn't touch Swann with a barge pole. They released an update which bricked heaps of cameras and did nothing but squirm and try and get out of it. I ended up throwing mine in the bin as they wouldn't work, the support is just some dude in Philippines or wherever who just tells you to do the same thing over and over, then 'we'll call you back' and never do, rinse and repeat.

I use Eufy with home base and it works great so far (2 years so far). I have the battery ones so have to recharge them probably every 6-9 months (give them a good clean being outside at the same time). Has add-ons for inside cameras and motion detectors for a simple alarm system.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't touch Swann with a barge pole. They released an update which bricked heaps of cameras and did nothing but squirm and try and get out of it. I ended up throwing mine in the bin as they wouldn't work, the support is just some dude in Philippines or wherever who just tells you to do the same thing over and over, then 'we'll call you back' and never do, rinse and repeat.

I use Eufy with home base and it works great so far (2 years so far). I have the battery ones so have to recharge them probably every 6-9 months (give them a good clean being outside at the same time). Has add-ons for inside cameras and motion detectors for a simple alarm system.
Exactly what happened to my swann camera and I emailed them and expected a new replacement and more or less they said not our problem.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Or they can just be your fucking neighbours. Had my place burgled a few years back. Only thing of value they didn't get was my huge tv. Requires 2 to carry. Next fucking day one of the little turds from next door was wanting to see how big the tv was. Cops didn't do a fucking thing.
Usually when you get ripped off.
It's your neighbours or someone you know and trust

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Would they be the eufyCam 2, do they detect vehicles as well as people. I know the latest ones eufyCam 3 detects people, cars & animals.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We have google door bell v good picks up everything in front of the camera even neighbours fighting

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
That happens. It happened to my mother before, who is in her 70s and lives alone. She knew not to go outside to check at the time.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I've got 3 on battery and 1 on solar (it's in backyard and it's in a bit of an out of the way spot to take down). Battery ones last about 9 months (?). You get plenty of notice if battery is going flat.

Like many people I only installed mine AFTER I was broken into about 18 months ago. Since then there's already been 1 incident of dirt bags going house to house to try car doors and front doors..houses get scoped a lot more than we would like to think.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
A friend of mine in Melbourne got totally ransacked a couple of years ago. House backs onto a park (something I'd never do respite the nice outlook). Anyway, they put their bins out a couple days early - I think that was their main mistake.

Once you're the victim of crime you do get a bit paranoid. When I come down the stairs each morning, I look straight to the carport to check the cars are there. Fucking hate it.

I get more paranoid when we're overseas. Phone stays on for any alerts from home.

Rockford

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Would they be the eufyCam 2, do they detect vehicles as well as people. I know the latest ones eufyCam 3 detects people, cars & animals.
Yep that is the one. I don't think it does cars. People yes.