Season on the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

senna

we can only allow 6 more losses to make it to the usual top 8 cutoff, so we should really be playing this brisbane game with a finals mentality, to be down to 5 losses allowed after next week and with alot of top teams still to play it leaves no room for a slip up for the rest of the year

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately the horse has bolted....

mani60cent

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hopefully they are over confident with their win that we can beat them

bite man

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
back against the poodles u will make a mint this team aint bulldogs !:frusty::frusty::frusty:

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Its a funny comp, teams are getting belted one week and winning the next or the other way round.
For and against aside, we are 2 points off 6th and 4 points off 4th.
We are on the edge, we won 3 in a row prior to yesterdays loss, if we can win 3 in a row again now we will be somewhere in the top 8.
We have Broncos, Dragons and Cowboys in the next 3. Those 3 teams are at our level. Des needs to fix up our attitude now!

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Nah we will just give away 168 penalties. Infact i'm giving a penalty for this thread.

Guardog

You Dirty Dog
Reaction score
Unfortunately the horse has bolted....
I will keep a little faith in them. But we have Souths, Melbourne and Roosters again to play. We can only drop one more game this season, and that is too hard a task for anyone.

outoforder

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Our season went up in smoke against the Knoughts yesterday.

We let them dictate the play and the ruck which allowed them to dominate.

The only players that can hold their head high were Ennis and Graham.

The kicking games of Hodkinson and Reynolds were woeful.

Mallyboy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hmm not giving up just yet but it's getting close. No easy games in the NRL now. If your team is slightly off they will be beaten.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
I will keep a little faith in them. But we have Souths, Melbourne and Roosters again to play. We can only drop one more game this season, and that is too hard a task for anyone.
We play the Roosters without Pearce, Maloney and Jennings in their team. We play the Storm without Cronk, Slater and Smith in their team.

Also, we have lost 6 games, we can afford to drop more than just 1 more game, Im not sure what you are on about there?!!?

likeadoggy

Banned
Reaction score
yeah we can afford to drop more than one game. There are still too many positives to write the season off for sure. We're still there

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I probably shouldn't admit it, but I was watching this game on TV, and at the end of the first half I turned the TV off (after hearing the final score, glad I did), at half time we where still very much in the game even, but, it was pretty boring to watch.
There was something missing in the team, and it's hard to pick what it is, there is a ton of talent on the field, they just aren't coming together like they did last year. Newcastle was more aggressive, defending and attacking harder. If the boys could just get it together and combine as a team, they could beat any other team in the NRL........ Newcastle are far from world beaters, but they looked the better team every moment I saw.
It's not even as easy as to blame it on a player or two, it feels more the team working as a team.......... skip a day of training this week and get them some group counselling, watch the might ducks, something..... just get them to work out their issues with each other, and most importantly, stop them reading their own press, or talking to the press for that matter..... nobody needs to hear when our season starts, everybody just needs to see it on the field.

H

HajdukSplit

Is it fair to presume if we lose to the Broncos that the water is rising rapidily above the knees?

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone think we relyed on Barba to much last year ?
I heard a stat yesterday saying he had nearly 50% scoring or having a hand in our tries last year
And it did seem a lot of our tries were from 50 meters or more last year
And does anyone think we are missing the players from last year that left our club

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stagg. - Defence.
Barba. - wondering if 2013 barba is 2012's poor clone?
2012's attitude.. -still missing.

S

senna

2012 = something to prove 2013 = expecting for it to just happen again, there is still time to revert back to the correct attitude

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
2012- playing as a team and barba majic.
2013- playing as big headed individuals minus barba majic!

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
[video=youtube;6Rtz8jY0e0I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Rtz8jY0e0I[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.