Opinion Sean O'Sullivan

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knew this thread was coming LOL he was playing in the team that literally won the comp last year
yeah but he didn't look out of place in his Panthers debut, didn't drop the ball, didn't throw shit balls etc. of course the players around him help, but he stood on his own two feet and had a good game

Last edited:

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah but he didn't look out of place on debut, didn't drop the ball, didn't throw shit balls etc. of course the players around him help, but he stood on his own two feet and had a good game
22 first grade games at 4 clubs

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Because it doesnt fit his narrative

Stevie Wonder has been there and done that....Ex-NRL player and coach and knows how it all works....
I think he’s better suited as a 7 in our side more than Averillo? Let’s be honest. I would’ve rathered Averillo at 1 or 3&4 and use his step and skill to beat defenders than have him control the team. I know he’s young and everyone wants us to lay off him but he’s promised the world in his interviews and given us an atlas. Plus we could’ve saved money on Dufty.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I noticed was that both teams last night were moving - FAST - all the time, and MAKING THE BALL DO THE WORK.
They had BACK UP PLAYERS IN MOTION all the time, LOOKING FOR THE BALL.

Everything they did last night was alien to the Bulldogs. If the Cowboys play half as well as the losing side, Manly, and we play twice as well as we did against the Sharks, we might keep our loss to a respectable score.
the game as a whole moves so quickly now, something our team does not do. its part of the reason for our failures for sure

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think he’s better suited as a 7 in our side more than Averillo? Let’s be honest. I would’ve rathered Averillo at 1 or 3&4 and use his step and skill to beat defenders than have him control the team. I know he’s young and everyone wants us to lay off him but he’s promised the world in his interviews and given us an atlas. Plus we could’ve saved money on Dufty.
Kid is cute, has a nice smile and a nice little step....

Would give him a crack in the centres and see how he goes long term...

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kid is cute, has a nice smile and a nice little step....

Would give him a crack in the centres and see how he goes long term...
Yep ffs Osullivan is better than Avwrillo and he is penriths 2nd string halfback...ffs Averillo is not a halfback....the club needs to start making the tough decisions

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno would have looked good playing in that side just like he did at the Roosters. By 7 o’clock tonight someone will post a thread about signing Brad Schnieder, this place is so predictable.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I noticed was that both teams last night were moving - FAST - all the time, and MAKING THE BALL DO THE WORK.
They had BACK UP PLAYERS IN MOTION all the time, LOOKING FOR THE BALL.

Everything they did last night was alien to the Bulldogs. If the Cowboys play half as well as the losing side, Manly, and we play twice as well as we did against the Sharks, we might keep our loss to a respectable score.
This has been an ongoing problem with the Bulldogs for several years. Everything we do seems like it’s in slow motion when comparing to the top teams.

The top teams seem to have energy across the park. Players across the field are in motion always. Quick play the balls, with crisp ball movement. When you look at the Dogs we are flat footed slow in all aspects of the game. Thus we get blown away by the fast teams. We are always on the back foot.

I cannot put my finger on where this comes from!

Is it player quality? Is it fitness? Is it coaching?

For me I think it’s desire, the will to win. The determination to do the 1% jobs.

We for the last few years look pedestrian in comparison to the top teams. We look like a park football team against an NRL team.

I think it’s on the whole an attitude thing. The values in fitness and the will to play for each other for 80 minutes.

This is a base foundation at the coaching level. I hope that with several new arrivals from different successful clubs a bit of this rubs off across the squad. The last few years it looks like we go out there with a compete on a bare minimum mindset. We need to make this attitude be 100% output for the full 80 minutes.

I hope this area has some changes this year.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cause he’s be playing centre or fullback. Second string though. He wouldn’t make their starting line up every week
Imo he’s a 5/8 or centre and of course he wouldn’t make the best team in the comps starting 13 but I do think if he was dropped in at half for Penrith like O’Sullivan was he’d do well, with top players around them plenty of players look good.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He didn't have to do much organising with all that talent around him but he did his job really well. His forwards and dummy half gave him plenty of space. I've seen plenty of halves pull games like that and not do it consistently but he's worth keeping an eye on.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo he’s a 5/8 or centre and of course he wouldn’t make the best team in the comps starting 13 but I do think if he was dropped in at half for Penrith like O’Sullivan was he’d do well, with top players around them plenty of players look good.
We have good players too? So let’s see how he goes Sunday with world class finishers and speedsters around him.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Good team, bad team, blah blah blah......

You gotta look at the individual's assets first than throw him into the team

From last nights game, O'Sullivan is not scared to take the line all at all, and his bombs have some decent hang time which gives his chasers time to get to the bomb

These are fundamental requirements for a half, which Averillo unfortunately does not have, and we cant piss more years just on this as its clear as glass that Jake doesn't have it between the ears....

Put Naden on the other wing with Schoupp and Averillo in the centres Baz otherwise you're gone at seasons end