Barba

TANK
Reaction score
Also Lyon is terrible defensively so run a lot of shit at him

jam3491

Waterboy
Reaction score
Everyone needs to lay off Trent.

After speaking with his brother, he had a plasma treatment operation over the off season on his knee and didn't begin running properly till FEBRUARY.

By all rights he shouldnt have started the season but he really wanted to push through to reward the club for giving him the chance for the operation (which is very expensive)

We need to give him 4-5 weeks at least to hit full speed so how bout we support him for being out there when he easily could of shut it down for the first month

N

Natboy

Everyone needs to lay off Trent.

After speaking with his brother, he had a plasma treatment operation over the off season on his knee and didn't begin running properly till FEBRUARY.

By all rights he shouldnt have started the season but he really wanted to push through to reward the club for giving him the chance for the operation (which is very expensive)

We need to give him 4-5 weeks at least to hit full speed so how bout we support him for being out there when he easily could of shut it down for the first month
If that's the case it might've been better to play someone else whilst he gets back into footy via NSW cup

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you remember the last time our halves put in short kicks which eventuated into a repeat set?

other than Tony Williams
Moses....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
If that's the case it might've been better to play someone else whilst he gets back into footy via NSW cup
I agree....how stupid is it to start someone at the start of the season when they are not fit. Take an extra week or 2 off and have a run in NSW cup ffs. Poor management by the club if true imo, could have another youngster out there now with Moses getting some experience incase injurys/suspensions hit later in the season.

jam3491

Waterboy
Reaction score
I agree....how stupid is it to start someone at the start of the season when they are not fit. Take an extra week or 2 off and have a run in NSW cup ffs. Poor management by the club if true imo, could have another youngster out there now with Moses getting some experience incase injurys/suspensions hit later in the season.
Thats another debate.. just trying to give everyone legitimate facts that may explain a slower than expected start from hokko

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Daly Cherry-Evans v Trent Hodkinson. Two brilliant halfbacks at the peak of their powers, and both have extra motivation to dig deep in this one.

FMD, if Trent is at the peak of his powers then we are in deep shite
Haha! I was just about to quote that also and say the exact same thing! Have a thumbs up my friend...

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Pre game talk has been pretty shitty this he year...

I think we will beat them this game, will be tough. Snake, Dce and Mateo are the obvious dangers. DCE/Snake combo could tear us apart in just 10mins if we slack off a lil. Mateo with his offloads will be dangerous as we seem to have no idea when it comes to preventing offloads. Our forwards should punch through the middle all game and if we hold onto the ball and build some pressure i think we will walk away with the points.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Would be awesome if we win by what they are suggesting. Hopefully we do it!

Fruitty Pebbles

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats another debate.. just trying to give everyone legitimate facts that may explain a slower than expected start from hokko
Fact - he did some surgery in the off season,
Fact - he is still not 100%, so should be resting or gaining match fitness in lower grade
Fact - he has under performed the first two rounds of this year (and the rest of last year after origin)
Fact - Supporters sh!tty they haven't had a proper half since 2007.

You dont repay a club by playing half assed coz you're still recovering, you repay the club by tearing it up once you have recovered.

KimboSlice

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pre game talk has been pretty shitty this he year...

I think we will beat them this game, will be tough. Snake, Dce and Mateo are the obvious dangers. DCE/Snake combo could tear us apart in just 10mins if we slack off a lil. Mateo with his offloads will be dangerous as we seem to have no idea when it comes to preventing offloads. Our forwards should punch through the middle all game and if we hold onto the ball and build some pressure i think we will walk away with the points.
Couldn't agree more.. We seem to have real fragility with our defence when it comes to well orchestrated set plays and offloads (who doesn't), manly have the guys who can really work those areas..

Im excited, looking forward to a hard game with us taking the points if we play to our strengths!

Also, how good is it having this many FTA games being aired.. my missus is almost certain we wouldn't leave the house if we had fox.. i can't argue with her

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more.. We seem to have real fragility with our defence when it comes to well orchestrated set plays and offloads (who doesn't), manly have the guys who can really work those areas..

Im excited, looking forward to a hard game with us taking the points if we play to our strengths!

Also, how good is it having this many FTA games being aired.. my missus is almost certain we wouldn't leave the house if we had fox.. i can't argue with her
Manly also lack an enforcer type forward now leading the line in defence...Mason would be the closest thing to it aha. We really should win this game if we play to a similar level as we did against parra.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Manly also lack an enforcer type forward now leading the line in defence...Mason would be the closest thing to it aha. We really should win this game if we play to a similar level as we did against parra.
Mason always seems to a extra wind when he plays us though, hopefully our forwards can put him in his place early on.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Mason always seems to a extra wind when he plays us though, hopefully our forwards can put him in his place early on.
Mason also had a good game last week. Trent usually plays well against Manly also...ill back him to hit some form.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lyon out of tonights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.