Official Sea Eagles sign Corey Waddell

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really hate to keep being negative but this is very disappointing. He was prob our best forward this yr (podium finish for Peponis medal is proof) so sad that hes been let walk for that and also the fact we are so short on forwards for next yr. Really questionable decision this

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At 300k he’s handy and based of form was one of our better performing players this year. Quite optimistic Gus has a few signings up his sleeve from the rumours though the “utility’s” don’t provide much more value than Wadell. We want to be a top side so this shouldn’t be an issue though I wouldn’t be surprised when the we should’ve kept wadell thread pops up our foward pack looks that brittle.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I have always been an avid supporter of Augustus Gould. However this decision (to release Waddell) is ludicrous.
He has been our best forward, except Preston. We do not have a middle forward of note, just a lot of pretenders.
I know a lot of "forwards" have been signed, but they are all lightweights. They wont cut the mustard when it gets serious.
Unless Gould has a few surprises in his locker, I will remain disappointed in this decision..

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant wait for him to def punch holes thru our wafer thin defence next yr to add more insult to injury

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
what if we're getting curran as a waddell replacement?
surely that's a massive upgrade than keeping waddell.
Still short on forwards who can do a job even if curran signs. This decision doesnt make any sense

DFLWatto

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Honestly he was one of our better players in the second half of the season but ultimately before that he has been meh, so no loss.. need to get rid of the dead weight anyway

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still short on forwards who can do a job even if curran signs. This decision doesnt make any sense
so from memory we only have king, knight, tanner, takihueo, patolo and possibly the dolphin reject as our middle forwards. we're at least 1-2 forwards short unless I've missed anyone

chemdog

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We aren't making announcements. You think Gus wants to tell everyone we've signed Hutchinson, Mann, Turpin, Foamsulli (my spelling is so bad google can't find him) and whoever else? Lol
Haven't even announce takiheuo either lol

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
*Spolier alert

Waddell will perform to a high standard next year while our pack continues to get alpha'd. Kennel "experts" will huff their cheeks and ask why he didn't perform like that here, when he did in fact perform like that here.
Surely you will create a thread welcoming him in the manly forum Lafam

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
so from memory we only have king, knight, tanner, takihueo, patolo and possibly the dolphin reject as our middle forwards. we're at least 1-2 forwards short unless I've missed anyone
Fuck thats grim. I suppose itll be another from the cup/flegg group promoted potentialy Damien Marshall if I was to guess