Science Research Questions! halp pl0x

Status
Not open for further replies.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Got an open book test on Friday, but been struggling to find information for these questions, tried googling every, but nothing comes up.. so.... anyone care to lend a hand? (inb4 That's what she said replies)

So, if someone could post the answer and the link to the answer itself, it would be greatly appreciated!!! :pray:

Topic is about Water.

Describe the possible sources of contamination that may enter catchments and explain how water quality in one area can impact on the water quality in other areas.

Discuss types of indicator organism that are found in safe water supplies and those found in polluted water.

Describe the types of tests that are used to monitor and assess local water quality.

Thanks in Advance! :becky:

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
wtf is wrong with kids these days?
isn't there enough info on the interwebs or something?

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When you're a dud like myself in Science.

Sh*t happens. :becky:
just put your head to it
with all the info on the interwebs you don't need to put much effort into study anymore!
all the info you need is like smacking you in the head.
Just google water contamination and protecting the environment, or some sh!t like that and see what you come up with

Book

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My memory of this stuff from school is ****. Sorry.

mikey_mtp

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can use cooks river as an example.

Whatever happens in one part of the river, it would ruin the water for the rest of the river. You should also be aware that the river flows through a thousand suburbs and several local governments. So if one local gov. is lazy, the rest have to suffer with a ****ty polluted river.

How about that?

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Cheers fellas! :D

Got some points down, not a lot, but hey, it's a start. :becky:

F*ck I hate sh*tty science. :sleepy:

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Sources of contamination: factories, plants, illegal dumping etc.
Impact on other areas: river flows and doesn't remain in the same place + drainage systems

Indicator organisms: E. Coli, cryptosporidium (at least I think they are). We get them in dams etc. which affect the water supply. Has happened many times over the years. The most recent I can think of was when it affected public pools in western Sydney last year or the year before.

Tests: I'm not sure, but you'll be able to find something about that on the net, surely...

By the way, I didn't do Science, so I wouldn't take my word for things. Just general knowledge.

S4Sonny

Ooh Ahh Cantona
Reaction score
Cheers, Slip! :becky:

Filled up Question 1.

I'll go scout around for more info on;

Discuss types of indicator organism that are found in safe water supplies and those found in polluted water

Describe the types of tests that are used to monitor and assess local water quality

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Giardia is also another parasite that springs to mind. They also pollute water supplies.

pillow

The Bloodline
Reaction score
One of the biggest contamination problems we have on our work site of the new dam we're building is vehicles going down the coast or to other areas and then coming back into our catchment area and not going through the wash down bays ;)

Also illiegal fishing/release of foreign species etc. Redfin **** everything up.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Queensland floods is a good example of how it gets contaminated.

Status
Not open for further replies.