News SBW used in Bulldogs plan to lure Payne Haas

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I’d love to have him but really he should stay and push for a premiership with the Gronx. They’ve got a dangerous roster and their window has been opened imo.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
I’d love to have him but really he should stay and push for a premiership with the Gronx. They’ve got a dangerous roster and their window has been opened imo.
Once Reynolds retires it’s game over. Year/2 tops.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why Journo is convinced “Haas won’t stay at red hill” -

The Broncos may present the best chance for Payne Haas to win a premiership but the appeal of “ridiculous” money elsewhere could be enough to lure the star prop away from Red Hill.

That is according to The Daily Telegraph’s Brent Read, who is not convinced the 23-year-old’s long-term future is at Brisbane.

It comes after confirmation Haas will test his value on the open market, with the Broncos front rower to hold off re-signing before he sees what other clubs are willing to offer him.

Read believes Haas could receive “ridiculous” offers from rival teams, with the Bulldogs expected to top the list of potential suitors for the NSW Blues representative.

“I’m not as convinced on Payne Haas. I reckon there’s a chance he does leave to a club in Sydney. I think he’ll get offered so much money, it is ridiculous,” Read said on Fox League’s ‘NRL 360’.

Phil Rothfield though said he believes Haas will stay put and prioritise winning a competition over money.

“I don’t think he’s going to leave the Broncos,” Rothfield said.

I think he wants to win a title as much as getting paid well. But his agent, like any good agent does, tests the market.”

It comes after Rothfield said last week that Haas’ agent had told him as much, revealing money won’t not be the deciding factor in his client’s future.

“Brent Read has reported this afternoon that his manager has decided to test the market in November rather than re-sign now with the Broncos,” Rothfield said.

“It is interesting because I spoke to his agent myself a couple of months ago and he was saying Payne’s decision won’t necessarily be about money, but he is desperate to win a title.

“And the Broncos to me appear to be in a window to win a title.”

LucasFitzo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I definitely think Haas has legs, would love life in Bankstown and the Muslim community. Seeing as thats not an appeal living in Western Sydney for 90% of players, i think its a great opportunity to capatalise on it suiting this situation. Similar to how most people would love to live in Bondi.

Joelmcevoy2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah yeah cant fool me i bet ya he wont even leave i hope he does but its long odds

Malla

Reaction score
I definitely think Haas has legs, would love life in Bankstown and the Muslim community. Seeing as thats not an appeal living in Western Sydney for 90% of players, i think its a great opportunity to capatalise on it suiting this situation. Similar to how most people would love to live in Bondi.
Look, I know people are really pushing this muslim story, but Haas is a part time muslim at best. I highly doubt he cares about muslim community and all that in Belmore/Canterbury/Lakemba etc. Honestly, he's barely practicing. Last year he was out on the piss with Kelly when he stepped on his shoe and they had that blow up. The year before he was in Bali with David Fifita when he got arrested. Haas is a muslim on paper, he will put him the occasional 'alhumdilliah' post on instragram, but he's far from a 'muslim'.

In saying that, if he's keen to be closer to SBW to help with his faith, then fair enough.

However, he just wants to get paid millions and win footy games. That's it. If he looks at Broncos, he can see they have a number of young players that will command big $$$ in the near future. He (his manager) probably understands he won't be able to earn what he's after in Brisbane. This is the only reason why he would leave the Broncs.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Look, I know people are really pushing this muslim story, but Haas is a part time muslim at best. I highly doubt he cares about muslim community and all that in Belmore/Canterbury/Lakemba etc. Honestly, he's barely practicing. Last year he was out on the piss with Kelly when he stepped on his shoe and they had that blow up. The year before he was in Bali with David Fifita when he got arrested. Haas is a muslim on paper, he will put him the occasional 'alhumdilliah' post on instragram, but he's far from a 'muslim'.

In saying that, if he's keen to be closer to SBW to help with his faith, then fair enough.

However, he just wants to get paid millions and win footy games. That's it. If he looks at Broncos, he can see they have a number of young players that will command big $$$ in the near future. He (his manager) probably understands he won't be able to earn what he's after in Brisbane. This is the only reason why he would leave the Broncs.
Still more Muslim than born muslims I know lmaoo.. stop judging