SBW has left the door open to return to the NRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

jon50n

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams has left the door open to return to the NRL, admitting to a handshake agreement with the Roosters!

HE started his career in the NRL and he hasn’t ruled out finishing in the same way.

Dual-code champion and All Blacks star Sonny Bill Williams has admitted to a relationship with Roosters boss Nick Politis that is like “family”.

Williams won a premiership with the Roosters in 2013, where he spent two seasons before defecting back to rugby union at the end of the 2014 season.

Appearing on The Matty Johns Show on Sunday night, Williams was asked to address the ongoing rumours that he would finish his career in the NRL — and he didn’t rule it out.

“To be honest, bro, I’m 34 next year,” he said.

“I’m just happy doing what I love doing. I’m really concentrating on things off the field.

I really want to affect my Pasifika people. With that comes responsibility.

“I need to learn and I need more knowledge in that field, which I’m doing, I’m studying for my coaching papers, so god willing I make it through next year and make that World Cup side, then after that, I have to keep the wife happy and then if I do play on it’ll have to be at a place where I can still have a voice.”

Williams started his rugby league career with the Bulldogs in 2004 before famously walking out on the club to join a French rugby club mid-season in 2008.

He was widely criticised for the move and was considered to have walked out on his Bulldogs teammates in the middle of the night.

Understandably, his return to the NRL after five years in the rival code was an enormous moment for Williams and the game.

However, Williams had an immediate impact on the Roosters and led them to the 2013 premiership, cementing his status as a rare dual code superstar.

Williams said as soon as he left rugby league he began having conversations with Politis, who was trying to lure him back to the code.

“Pretty much as soon as I left rugby league we started that conversation,” he said.

“We came to the mutual understanding, the mutual agreement, you could call it a handshake agreement if you like, that if I do ever come back to rugby league it would be with the Roosters.

“When I decided to come back it was always going to be with the Roosters.

“Me and Nick go way back a long way, we’re like family. You don’t just win a premiership with somebody and then just close those doors.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/9f21824506524b4ad8db4f6d83c79861

Not sure where to post this but I thought it was harsh for him to call Politis and the Roosters family considering the Bulldogs are known to be the family club, and we gave him his start and treated him well, I know some of you will be saying who cares move on, BUT for me it will always be a sore spot seeing this kid play against our blue and white side!

Bulldogs_4eva

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sonny Bill Williams has left the door open to return to the NRL, admitting to a handshake agreement with the Roosters!

HE started his career in the NRL and he hasn’t ruled out finishing in the same way.

Dual-code champion and All Blacks star Sonny Bill Williams has admitted to a relationship with Roosters boss Nick Politis that is like “family”.

Williams won a premiership with the Roosters in 2013, where he spent two seasons before defecting back to rugby union at the end of the 2014 season.

Appearing on The Matty Johns Show on Sunday night, Williams was asked to address the ongoing rumours that he would finish his career in the NRL — and he didn’t rule it out.

“To be honest, bro, I’m 34 next year,” he said.

“I’m just happy doing what I love doing. I’m really concentrating on things off the field.

I really want to affect my Pasifika people. With that comes responsibility.

“I need to learn and I need more knowledge in that field, which I’m doing, I’m studying for my coaching papers, so god willing I make it through next year and make that World Cup side, then after that, I have to keep the wife happy and then if I do play on it’ll have to be at a place where I can still have a voice.”

Williams started his rugby league career with the Bulldogs in 2004 before famously walking out on the club to join a French rugby club mid-season in 2008.

He was widely criticised for the move and was considered to have walked out on his Bulldogs teammates in the middle of the night.

Understandably, his return to the NRL after five years in the rival code was an enormous moment for Williams and the game.

However, Williams had an immediate impact on the Roosters and led them to the 2013 premiership, cementing his status as a rare dual code superstar.

Williams said as soon as he left rugby league he began having conversations with Politis, who was trying to lure him back to the code.

“Pretty much as soon as I left rugby league we started that conversation,” he said.

“We came to the mutual understanding, the mutual agreement, you could call it a handshake agreement if you like, that if I do ever come back to rugby league it would be with the Roosters.

“When I decided to come back it was always going to be with the Roosters.

“Me and Nick go way back a long way, we’re like family. You don’t just win a premiership with somebody and then just close those doors.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/sport/sport...s/news-story/9f21824506524b4ad8db4f6d83c79861

Not sure where to post this but I thought it was harsh for him to call Politis and the Roosters family considering the Bulldogs are known to be the family club, and we gave him his start and treated him well, I know some of you will be saying who cares move on, BUT for me it will always be a sore spot seeing this kid play against our blue and white side!
I agree I can never ever forgive him for what he did and it just seems like he is rubbing it in, I just hope he returns and someone from our side knocks this dude down hahahahaha wishful thinking I KNOW!!!!

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunately we got the arsehole SBW when he was young dumb & full of cum. To his credit he has turned into a role model since those days & good luck to him whatever he does. Let's move on.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Suits the cock sucking sombrero club he seems to want to return too.

Pitty really, what could have been.!!!

Anyway don’t want him back with us.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
so he is an epic hypocrite - nothing new here.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nah he just knows Rorters have an unlimited cap. But anyway, fuck him

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I will always hate Sonny for what he did. Deserting the club and its fans was an unforgivable act of betrayal.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The only reason he is back out here is to wrap his lips around Politis's fossilised cock, and tonguepunch his fartbox during the "25 years at the Roosters party", before fucking back off to NZ.

He's hosting the event, for the 25 other wankers that will be there.

He will never return to Rugby League... he's too old and his Roosters stint was shithouse.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Mods, please move it to the “Who gives a fuck” page.

seven07

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Unfortunately we got the arsehole SBW when he was young dumb & full of cum. To his credit he has turned into a role model since those days & good luck to him whatever he does. Let's move on.
Stay in the shadow (man)

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s surreal knowing this guy still plays footy, think back to 2004. Was in high school, I had a 3 flip phone, we were dominant, the world wasn’t politically correct. Good riddance to this guy, I wouldn’t say no if he joined but the dogs are twice the club roosters are in character .

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Roosters recently signed Crichton and they will add Money Bill to their squad as well.

They want to buy another premiership before Cronk retires. Expect their signings list to get bigger while they claim to be under the cap.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only reason he is back out here is to wrap his lips around Politis's fossilised cock, and tonguepunch his fartbox during the "25 years at the Roosters party", before fucking back off to NZ.

He's hosting the event, for the 25 other wankers that will be there.

He will never return to Rugby League... he's too old and his Roosters stint was shithouse.
I will never forget what he did to us but come on his Roosters stint was not shithouse

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
He'll never return to the NRL. He'll be 34 next year and MUST commit to RU for 2020 if he wants to play in the 2019 World Cup next year. He'll be 35 by the time he's a free agent. Too old. No NRL club except the shithouse Roosters will go near him, and he'll be shit then anyway. Look at Thurston. If he's softened up as a 35 year old, imagine what SBW will be like given how injury prone he already is.

Status
Not open for further replies.