Samsung Galaxy S4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm ridding myself of this piece of crap iphone 5 .
My question is though... the S4 will it LTE compatible?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see why it wouldn't be considering the S3 has a 4G ver. Be stupid if it isn't.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm ridding myself of this piece of crap iphone 5 .
My question is though... the S4 will it LTE compatible?
Yes I would believe so, don't see why they wouldn't release LTE

I'm currently using the S3 4G.

Comparing my S3 and Apple, imo S3 trumps the Apple iPhone 5.

Should be out sometime mid year so they say. I watch the S4 launch live streaming the specs on the phone are great.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
Mobicity has a pre order version thats not 4g available for pre order, i guess its coming from some third word country.
They say available end of April

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
p.s my iphone 5 sux.

Wi-fi runs slow wherever i am! Battery is so bad i have to have it plugged in more times than not! Service cuts out and i have to restart phone to get msgs come through ( bet that doesn't happen with other phones ) ! The charging cables last 2 months before you need to get a new one ( bought about 5 from apple so far ) ! Apps chew through telco data limits and you don't even know!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
p.s my iphone 5 sux.

Wi-fi runs slow wherever i am! Battery is so bad i have to have it plugged in more times than not! Service cuts out and i have to restart phone to get msgs come through ( bet that doesn't happen with other phones ) ! The charging cables last 2 months before you need to get a new one ( bought about 5 from apple so far ) ! Apps chew through telco data limits and you don't even know!
The only thing that I can say about Apple is their innovation and compatibility with Apps is second to none. IMO better than whats available on Android but I'm not much of an App person only TAB, Facebook, Instagram.

PS. If you've never own a Galaxy the battery life is much better vs iPhones.

I'm waiting for the release on the s4 I'll definitely buy it out right.

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
I use facebook espn and nrl app
if those three are on andriod im sold

Mr Bulldogs

Kennel Legend
Administrator
Reaction score
i also use facetime a lot but im guessing skype as evolved enough to cover that for me?

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh yeah Skype is good on Android I've got that as well.

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm due for a newbie in august so im gonna pre order one now. Vodafone are trying to get me to upgrade now to a note 2....little do they know that they're getting the flick. Useless ****s!

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm due for a newbie in august so im gonna pre order one now. Vodafone are trying to get me to upgrade now to a note 2....little do they know that they're getting the flick. Useless ****s!
Vodafail enough said

MattyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Mobicity has a pre order version thats not 4g available for pre order, i guess its coming from some third word country.
They say available end of April
When I was working at a Telstra dealer, we used to buy off them, they buy from Aus suppliers, I have sent his receipts, I don't know how he gets is stock so cheap though, my old boss has been in the phone game for 30+ year and he comes along and beats my old buy price by 15%

VAI

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have the S2. Will have a look at my options when my contract runs out in 9 months. Eyeing off the S4, pretty happy with Samsung. The service provider however...
Might just call the ombudsman, get out of the contract for failure to provide me the service i'm paying for. I know heaps of people who have done it. It's a thoroughly valid complaint.

Yup, same old story. Vodafone in Australia is the height of crap. Their Facebook page is the funniest. I swear 95% (probably more) of comments there are 'you're crap' 'not providing the service i'm paying for' 'just got out of my Vodafone contract through the ombudsman, call them if these idiots are failing to provide you the service you're paying for, just like everyone else'....amongst so many other complaints.

Some are abusive, some are taking the piss and some are just sharing their horror stories with the non-provider. Seen a couple of people say 'well why did you join them?' Obviously if people knew they couldn't provide a service, they would not have joined most likely. I know I wouldn't have. When you enter a business agreement with a telco, you don't expect them to be a con-artist like this.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
iphones are now an inferior product.

Once you go android (samsung or HTC) you will wonder how the f you ever put up with an iphone for so long

oh and yeh the s4 is definately has LTE/4G

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
So true. They held back features intentionally for way too long, with Samsung and HTC being so aggressive lately, Apple have really fallen behind the 8 ball.

Without Steve Jobs at the helm, I don't think Apple will ever be way out in front ever again. The iPhone 5 is a total joke of a phone compared to the SG3.

I bet the iPhone 5s will come out next, and look the same as the 5 and just be faster and only the real fan boys will bother with it as it will be light years behind the SG4.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I started a thread on Kogan mobiles sometime I am going to do once my plan is finished (11 months fml)

http://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/showthread.php?t=99851

Once you go android (samsung or HTC) you will wonder how the f you ever put up with an iphone for so long

oh and yeh the s4 is definately has LTE/4G
Without a doubt my brother in-law was recently made redundant from Vodafone (got a good payout 10 years) and he would always get iPhones from work and give them to me to use, but I always go back to my s2 and s3.

I don't even know why I even bothered trying to use iPhones.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Rumour has it, you can scroll with your eyes.. Highly doubt technology is that advanced for a mobile phone which would cost less than 1K.

P

Promiscuous

Have been an iPhone user since day one and have upgraded each time, slowly and slowly getting more annoyed with the lack of new features and faults we find. After about a 2 months of having this POS iPhone 5, I've had it. My battery hasn't lasted a full day (8-5) ever and I'm barely on it during work.

Think ill be jumping ship. Hello Samsung, please don't take too long for me to adapt to you. :grinning:

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rumour has it, you can scroll with your eyes.. Highly doubt technology is that advanced for a mobile phone which would cost less than 1K.
I know you can pinch and zoom, whipe etc without touching the screen its uses sensor montions to pick up your movements and what you're commanding the phone to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.