Sam Perrett to join Bulldogs immediately?

Do we need Sam Perret at the Dogz

• Yes

Votes: 29 76.3%
  • No

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah could be wishful thinking but the ammount of behind the scenes talk and player movement i wouldnt be suprised if it is true. They are also saying tasi is the next bulldog. They are not happy bout perrett leaving though
Plenty of Bulldogs fans weren't happy when Mason left either. I think we eventually got the better of the deals. I think Greenberg has learned the Jedi mind trick when it comes to signing players.

JayHighPants

New Pup
Reaction score
We should obviously have to let go of some players, Wright and macdougall out the door.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
I'm surprised anyone would want to sign with us at this stage.. Our new slogan will soon be, "Come to Belmore and we'll guarantee you an injury!". We're bloody cursed I tells ya!
No it should be more like "come to Belmore and we will guarantee you a premiership"

;)

Tolman has been shopped around for a while now
Yes he has been shopped around

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah true about mason but we all know hes a few olives short of a martini and it wasnt such a bad decision to let him go. But he was a hypocrite in the way he left us.
True, his head got noticeably too big for him to carry before he left. At the time he left a massive hole in our squad despite not always performing close to his best. It was justice enough for that his career kinda died when he left.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have so much man love for Turner, but I rate Perret higher than him. So if this is true id also have Sam over Steve.

I've always likes Perret.

Inu
Perret
Eastwood
Pritchard
Halatau

NZ internationals

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We all know that des was gonna eventually build his own team with the players of his choice and the players he has been shopping for have been nothing short of great buys. Its sad to see players leave our club but its the way the game is these days and like it or not loyalty has no place in the NRL anymore
Too true!

It still is a shame though!

B

bulldogs_fan_69

We don't need this guy, good player no doubt but so what? Would rather keep using Wright and re-sign Turner. If this is true I don't see us keeping Wright or Turner. Tolman getting the boot would be a massive loss. Not happy tbh

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Perrett's deal with us is for this year, and no way would Tolman leave us mid-way through the year if it was a player swap. Politis just wants SBW, and the obvious solution was they have to wave the wand to a few players.
If they do snare SBW, he'd better perform brilliantly given he'll be covering all 13 on field positions and the 4 interchange spots as well the way it's going.

People say some clubs are a one man team, it may literally be the case next year with the Roosters.

Though I'd laugh my arse off if they offloaded a ton of players to afford SBW, only to have him turn around and tell them he's got a better offer and won't be signing with the Roosters.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If they do snare SBW, he'd better perform brilliantly given he'll be covering all 13 on field positions and the 4 interchange spots as well the way it's going.

People say some clubs are a one man team, it may literally be the case next year with the Roosters.

Though I'd laugh my arse off if they offloaded a ton of players to afford SBW, only to have him turn around and tell them he's got a better offer and won't be signing with the Roosters.
Possible?

They have always signed players past it so it is most probable!

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sbw isnt stupid enough to leave the all-blacks and champion super 15s teams to join a dead beat team like the chooks the way theyre going atm. He and his manager will make sure theres a good playing roster and enough reasons for him to come over. Wouldnt be suprised if he stays in Rugby union i think hes cemented his position in the all blacks now
I his mind (the managers) it might be a challenge for him.

SBW win the comp on your own!

Imagine how much you could earn. You could be marketed at $1mil per year plus match payments, boxing, union, run away to france, etc.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anything is possible... But i dnt see it happening. I have a feeling after the roosters clean out the players SBW will sign on with union. Can u imagine wat politis would do hahahahah
You are right. Who knows including SBW!

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What i notice with des hasler teams and more so clubs is that he is not interested in winning the reserve grade/premier league/nsw cup or what ever u call it these days. Most of the cap if not all will be spent on a core 15-20 players with juniors and virtual no names making up the second tier. Manly's reserve grade side has been horrible for a few years as most of the cap is spent on 1st grade players like its meant to be spent.
Dont worry with des and toddy steering us round the salary cap issue is well taken care of. Both guys are the ultimate professionals.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This tread started only 4 hours ago and is already 11 pages long.

When I log on tomorrow night it might be 50 pages long!

Interesting but seems like a G up!

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I like come to the Bulldogs the new Disneyland lol

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
With all these mid year signings one has to wonder what players we are
Destined to lose but then again DESY and Toad know what there doing I suppose

rexest

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With all these mid year signings one has to wonder what players we are
Destined to lose but then again DESY and Toad know what there doing I suppose
Its not like the players we have off contract are quality bar halatau/turner imo perrett>>turner

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Wtf???????!!?!?!?!?!!
Where has this come from??
Well hes gone to a better place where there will be no mind games and better recruiting and he will win a premiership.
I wish we had a proper send off.
Whos gonna be winger now??
Emma-Louise Birdsall???????
Darren Percival?????????????
The good thing is now we can resign Tasi and SBW.
He played well today though. And is it rumoured to the Dogs
WHO ARE THE POACHERS NOW
Morris, Williams, Turner, Graham, Ennis, Halatau, Stagg, Inu, Hodkinson, Keating, Tolman aint bred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Lemon_Goat; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.
WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT THE MOON? YOU WANT THE MOON? JUST SAY THE WORD AND I'LL THROW A LASSO AROUND IT AND TAKE IT DOWN FOR YOU. HEY THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD IDEA, I'LL GIVE YOU THE MOON, MARY.
I'LL TAKE IT!

-Sonny Bill Williams(A Wonderful Life 1946)

From the chook pen haters gana hate

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wtf???????!!?!?!?!?!!
Where has this come from??
Well hes gone to a better place where there will be no mind games and better recruiting and he will win a premiership.
I wish we had a proper send off.
Whos gonna be winger now??
Emma-Louise Birdsall???????
Darren Percival?????????????
The good thing is now we can resign Tasi and SBW.
He played well today though. And is it rumoured to the Dogs
WHO ARE THE POACHERS NOW
Morris, Williams, Turner, Graham, Ennis, Halatau, Stagg, Inu, Hodkinson, Keating, Tolman aint bred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Lemon_Goat; Yesterday at 10:57 PM.
WHAT IS IT THAT YOU WANT THE MOON? YOU WANT THE MOON? JUST SAY THE WORD AND I'LL THROW A LASSO AROUND IT AND TAKE IT DOWN FOR YOU. HEY THAT'S A PRETTY GOOD IDEA, I'LL GIVE YOU THE MOON, MARY.
I'LL TAKE IT!

-Sonny Bill Williams(A Wonderful Life 1946)

From the chook pen haters gana hate
I think we have angered someone from the Chook Pen.

After all the rorting they have done to us and we get this!

The Roosters are called the RSPCA, home of the stray dogs!

If we have picked up Perrett then so be it. If the Roosters looked after him in the first place then he wouldn't have wanted out!

theprestige

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'll always be a dogs fan, but all these signings will make our club a bit of a disgrace. Within the past probably 4 seasons, we have purchased most of our first grade team bar a few. I would much rather put more effort into our juniors who have some potential. The signing of T-Rex was a fantastic one, Inu is paying dividends, i don't expect Perret to be as good, but he'll be consistent. I don't want any more signings, i'm pleased with the team the way it is currently.

Status
Not open for further replies.