Not open for further replies.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Odd that Sam can see our numbers are down yet makes this request

rissolerob

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So Perrett plays his entire career on Sundays and then "all of a sudden " realises he is a mormon and does not want to play on Sunday's? Bullshit....If I Were Des I Would say yes to Sammy and then say to him ... You will can make that Saturday's Friday's Monday's and Thursday's as well

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
He was on the news. Said he never thought to ask. So when hoppa did he asked and was rejected. So he copped it and moved on. How many players now will be asking for this clause.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's only natural Sam would enquire into it...after all, if it's good enough for Hopoate then Sam should have been given the same latitude.. It's either an all in or an all out decision. Now we have a case of one rule for one and the rest are looking gipped...it's any wonder there is a sense of disharmony. The Bulldogs should not have signed Hoppa, it has become disruptive to the club and a media circus.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dumb decision to begin with..As I stated once before..Hoppa played on Sunday for Parra so he can't be that devoted.. Why Des agreed in the first place I'll never know.. I'm mean Hoppa is good but not sensational..
In an article I read hopa said it struck him in November 2015 that he felt he should devote his Sundays to his faith .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Either play when you are told to play, or...

Sam's been REALLY good this year... hope it doesn't impact his form.

raz7au

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah ive ceased supporting these fuckwits on sundays? Its my religion,

Mozzie

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Players are employees like any of us that work. And like any employee we have the right to ask for certain conditions which will be either accepted or denied. If you work full time and want to go part-time (say I don't want to work on Sundays) it will be accepted or denied. If you don't like it you can leave. I don't see the issue here. Sam asked, got told no and he moved on. Hoppo asked as part of his contract with our club it was accepted all good (I also think the arrangement has brought out the best in Hoppa) I was hoping Abbey was playing on Sunday. I get people thinking he is not ready but until he is given chance on one really knows. If not full-back maybe on the wing.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Oh, and I forgot to mention the chaos and utter confusion that would be bestowed upon Hasler should he have to give a younger bloke an opportunity to shine in the NRL if he ever decides to let Sam honour his faith too!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Odd that Sam can see our numbers are down yet makes this request
If you read the last paragraph of the article it's having a go at how pedantic Hopa is

I’m out here to do my job and I’ve been ask to play on Sundays, so I will do it as best as I can, just as I have for my whole career.”

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This will only cause problems in the club and it's not Sams fault. it's the clubs fault you can't say yes to one player and no to the other simple as that
You can when you ask if the player has already signed a contract, if i recall correctly Hoppa hadnt signed a contract yet. Now if it happens when negotiating a NEW contract for player who want this clause well then yep get stuck in. The fact is though Sam had ALREADY signed a contract, simple.

jo7resh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can when you ask if the player has already signed a contract, if i recall correctly Hoppa hadnt signed a contract yet. Now if it happens when negotiating a NEW contract for player who want this clause well then yep get stuck in. The fact is though Sam had ALREADY signed a contract, simple.
Well he most likely thought he wouldn't be allowed to. But now that he knows he could potentially have Sunday's off he should be asking. This is going to bite the club in the ass big time

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We all knew the can of worms sprung open soon as our annoying club agreed to hoppa selfish request

Dumbest PC agreement ever

The entire NRL and other sporting clubs are going to all suffer as a result with more and more players wanting these retarded clauses in their contracts

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well he most likely thought he wouldn't be allowed to. But now that he knows he could potentially have Sunday's off he should be asking. This is going to bite the club in the ass big time
Not really. All the club needs to do is say yes here is your Sundays off now here is your new pay packet, then we will see the ones who really want to take Sundays off. Hoppa has taken a pay cut twice for his faith, lets see how many will do the same. This still wont arise until a player is negotiating a NEW contract anyway, if they want to change half way through it is just a simple NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.