Sam Burgess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
So whats the hype about sam burgess again?

I saw nothing from him to suggest that he is going to handle the pace and physical football in the NRL.

Pretty much a dud of player.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
he made 150 metres and 24 tackles

thats good ozman

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Immortal. Knock and i'll knock your head off. Better than our pack.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'd be starting for the bulldogs oz... nuff sed

S

Shermy

Oh yeah lets judge someone after one game thats logical.
As mentioned above - his stats were top.

He tried his arse off all game..got several offloads away and made some good runs.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
over rated
you should stop pointing fingers at other clubs' players and start looking at our guys. the fact is that this bloke would walk straight into our starting line up. He makes Stagg and g-wart look like midgets, he is an absolute handful to tackle... get your hand off it

S

Shermy

The guys come half way across the world to test himself in the best competition and after 1 game in the NRL he is deemed over rated..
Okey Dokey ! :D

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...and I thought the judgements about Corey Norman were premature...from one game, people can already make claims that Burgess is overated.

This forum is always full of surprises.

Burgess showed glimpses of some great work, but also lapses. A mix between good work rate and poor error count.

I think I would reserve my personal judgement until the end of the season.

Having said that, I would take what I saw from Burgess today over the entire career of Gary Warburton anyday.

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol at comment on g-wart from pantherpower!!!!!

Kim Possible

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmao. Stupid thread. Judging someone that's playing in the NRL for the first time, off their first game. Awethome.

Costaki10

Bulldogs Army
Reaction score
you should stop pointing fingers at other clubs' players and start looking at our guys. the fact is that this bloke would walk straight into our starting line up. He makes Stagg and g-wart look like midgets, he is an absolute handful to tackle... get your hand off it
will you ever stop bagging the bulldogs team after last night?

every post is they are this they are that get over it mate seriously

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will you ever stop bagging the bulldogs team after last night?

every post is they are this they are that get over it mate seriously
I never once bagged da dogz when we had pricey, big willie, reni, sbw, tonga, anasta and co. That was a formidable side. I'm all about building a team like that again. And i'll be up praising our side when we do have a side as good as that. I think that its absolutely scandalous the way a lot of kennelists belittle these guys who, btw, won the last premiership for the club.

and i;m so critical because i think it was largely management's fault that we let a possible dynasty disintegrate.

bullfrog_rip

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never once bagged da dogz when we had pricey, big willie, reni, sbw, tonga, anasta and co. That was a formidable side. I'm all about building a team like that again. And i'll be up praising our side when we do have a side as good as that. I think that its absolutely scandalous the way a lot of kennelists belittle these guys who, btw, won the last premiership for the club.

and i;m so critical because i think it was largely management's fault that we let a possible dynasty disintegrate.
pricey went for more money, big willie decided to give us the flick to go with his mates at rorters,reni had issues and was in trouble outside of football, sbw walked out after being very well looked after by MANAGEMENT , dont know why tonga left and anasta couldnt be kept because of t he salary cap, HOW IS THAT MANAGEMENTS FAULT?? dynasty? HA tell me which of those people you mentioned have done ANYTHING since leaving, fair enough we won the premiership with them, and i thank them but after that some of their egos were bigger than the club. others we couldnt keep because of the salary cap.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
He'd be starting for the bulldogs oz... nuff sed
bench player at best if he was with us

He had one game of NRL against the Roosters and he just got owned by several times by nate myles

Wow...and I thought the judgements about Corey Norman were premature...from one game, people can already make claims that Burgess is overated.

This forum is always full of surprises.

Burgess showed glimpses of some great work, but also lapses. A mix between good work rate and poor error count.

I think I would reserve my personal judgement until the end of the season.

Having said that, I would take what I saw from Burgess today over the entire career of Gary Warburton anyday.
who?

simmmo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
bench player at best if he was with us

He had one game of NRL against the Roosters and he just got owned by several times by nate myles

who?
yeah burgess would be on the bench at best... who would you have ahead of him.. stagg, ryan or g-wart??? He craps on all of them put together.

Status
Not open for further replies.